Who's Going To Win America's Got Talent 2010?

PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
edited November -1 in Miscellaneous
It looks like a pretty good show tonight. The final four acts are amazing...

Prince Poppycock - Not my thing, but a lot of people seem to love this guy's performances. I was watching the American themed performance. In some countries, they might kill this guy. But here in America, it's considered quality entertainment. His act shows the diversity of the performers in the competition and of the nation in general.

Jackie Evancho - She sings like an angel. It's beautiful to watch her. A lot of people seem to think it's fake. I don't know, seems real to me. Some people are just gifted. She found what she liked to do in life and it's a wonderful thing.

Michael Grimm - I'm not sure why he's here. (He does have a nice hat.) I thought Arc Attack was a much better act. Instead of dudes making music with lightning, we get another singing act. I don't think he has a good shot of outperforming Poppycock and Jackie. Although, Michael does remind me of the guy who won last year. America seems to like his genuine character and background story. It could depend on what he sings.

Fighting Gravity - This is my favorite act. Although, last week's performance was pretty boring and a bit clumsy. I think they peaked too early. I thought that their first performance was amazing, but it doesn't seem to be getting much better. Maybe they're saving their best act for last.

I'm looking forward to watching the show tonight. Right now, I think Jackie has the best shot of winning. That's because the audience seems to vote with their hearts. Of the four acts, she's the most precious. Although, I think Fighting Gravity is the most fitting for a Vegas act. They're also the only non-singing group. The singers might split the vote. If Fighting Gravity can perform well, and rally their friends at Virginia Tech, that should be a lot of votes.

I don't actually text/call in to vote. Heh, I just watch the show.

Comments

• AfterBurnettAfterBurnett Member Posts: 3,474
    I remember posting something here that was totally unrelated to gs and getting slammed for it by you, Photics ;-)

But yeah, it's a fun show. Alas, we'll have to wait for a bit to see it down here in NZ.
  • design219design219 Member Posts: 2,273
    POLYGAMe said:
    ...down here in NZ.

Dammit, are you in Australia or New Zealand? Make up your mind!
    design219 said:
    Dammit, are you in Australia or New Zealand? Make up your mind!

Lol. Just arrived back in NZ yesterday :-)
  • PhoticsPhotics Member Posts: 4,172
    POLYGAMe said:
    I remember posting something here that was totally unrelated to gs and getting slammed for it by you, Photics ;-)

The way I remember it, you were doing A LOT of miscellaneous posting that day. You were at a PC and you were bored without a Mac. I posted about remote access as a possible way to fix the problem. Did that work out?

I don't often post about stuff like this here, but I think it's going to be a really good show tonight. Plus, since it's been a while since GameSalad has been updated, I think some entertainment is good way to keep the community friendly.

Heh, I didn't get angry about the recent "my tongue hurts" post.... and that's like WAY off-topic.

What do they do in New Zealand? Is it New Zealand's Got Talent or do they show America's Got Talent? Are you able to watch it online, or does the site block outside countries?

http://www.nbc.com/Americas_Got_Talent/video/
    We get the US one. Also had New Zealand's got talent, which proved to be incorrect. I hated that show as it was the reason the travel show I was sound recordist on got cancelled. Alas, no more traveling the world for free :(
  • synthesissynthesis Member Posts: 1,693
    That 8 year old that sings perfect operatic soprano is going to win it EASILY!
    But Fighting Gravity will get the largest Vegas contract.
  • WeswogWeswog Member Posts: 1,171
    tshirtbooth said:
    Fighting Gravity ... ALL THE WAY

:)

Exactly
    I think they're definitely going to win and I think they saved the best show for tonight!

Cheers, Weswog
  • ORBZORBZ Member Posts: 1,304
    Don't care
  • iDeveloperziDeveloperz Member Posts: 1,169
    ORBZ +1
  • Look up Omar Pasha (Magician) if you want to see what really can be done with Black Art (What "Fighting Gravity" is tinkering with.)
  • jstrahanjstrahan Member Posts: 498
    Imgoing wittttttttth he'll I don't know I like them all
    After watching last night's show, I think Jackie is going to win. Fighting Gravity just wasn't that good. I think Bose should get Jackie on a TV commercial right away.
    Announcer: How does Bose get such big sound from a little speaker? Why don't you tell them about it Jackie?
    Jackie: La la la la la!
    I reckon I'm gonna win it.
    Comes down to Jackie and mike for sure but think Jackie got it not cause she's better than mike but cause of her voice and age but for me I thought mike was more entertaining
    looks like my one vote for mike wins
    wheres my prize hahaha
    jstrahan said:
    looks like my one vote for mike wins
    wheres my prize hahaha

Heh, what?! The smug sense of picking the right answer isn't prize enough?! Heh, because there's no prize from me. I'm still shocked that I picked wrong. I was pretty close. After watching the final acts, I thought Michael would be second and Jackie would be first. Poppycock got buzzed, so I was thinking that it would be Fighting Gravity and Poppycock at the bottom.

I had a feeling that Michael could win. Heh, maybe because Michael Grimm (the Staten Island politician) won yesterday too... or maybe because a lot of people thought Jackie's performance was fake... or that a young girl shouldn't be performing in Vegas at such a young age.

Michael Grimm's performance was definitely special. I liked it a lot.
    Yea I figured it would be between mike and Jackie and was back and forth up until I voted