> SPACESHOOTER (work in progress game) - Looking for partner.

warpserwarpser Member Posts: 10
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in finding someone to work with. I have some knowledge in programming (nothing too advanced though), so understanding gamesalad or picking up other languages will not be a problem (corona?). I have also been doing freelance graphic design for some time now, so i'm able to do art.

I have been working with gamesalad, but have also considered corona by anscamobile.

If necassary, I can do the bulk of the work, what I need is someone to help move the process along, with either this game or new ones. I will need someone with an active developer license, so if you have that and can offer any kind of help (doesn't have to be programming or art, can be something else), i'm interested.

If you are interested please contact me, with what you can offer, here or by email at: warpser@gmail.com

Thanks,
ED

--
Here is something i've worked on for a week:

Photobucket

--

Comments

• RHRH Member Posts: 1,079
    Yeah, can't wait to see everything kitted out with graphics. Personally I'd rather play this sort of game a little more zoomed out.

Looking great though!
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    Dude i would help u but I am working on a game with another guy. I could help in the future.
  • warpserwarpser Member Posts: 10
    Thanks!

Cardinal - I have only worked on this for a week; including programming and art. I will be adding a lot more as far as effects go as long as performance allows. There's still plenty I would like to add, but performance is more important to me, so I will be adding more and see how that goes.

RH - I made the graphics large enough to scale down if i need to, so I will probably zoom out a bit more in final version.

Jamwithno - I need help with testing it the most, and a bit of help in other areas, so I won't need too much help if you can't offer much. So if you're interested let me know and we can work something out.
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    if that's CodeMonkey's dual joystick template thing be warned: ITS BUGGY. u may not notice it now, but send that game to the device and you will see how buggy it can get. to replicate this bugginess i'm talking about simply keep taping on both joytsticks at the same time for a brief moment (5 seconds) and you will se one of the joysticks act crazy in different directions. i think GS still doesnt do multi touch very well yet...
    Aquarius - Yes, I did use CodeMonkey's template as reference but I started from scratch and left out a lot of the code. I wish I could test it on my iPhone, but i'm need of someone to help me with that part. If the dual joystick fails I could use a single joystick with/without a button.
  • JamwithnoJamwithno Member Posts: 312
    I think that I can help u if you want it but I will mainly be focusing on my other game. I will send you my email throughout the messaging.
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    I just released a game similar to that a few days ago on the app store top down space shooter and just wanted to say I started with that joystick arrangement but abandoned early found that my thumbs had to keep climbing across the screen to keep them working for some reason.
    you can check my game out in the announce you game thread promo codes there also don't think any been used yet.
    oh its called Alien Armada.
  • AquariusAquarius Member Posts: 282
    BBEnk said:
    I just released a game similar to that a few days ago on the app store top down space shooter and just wanted to say I started with that joystick arrangement but abandoned early found that my thumbs had to keep climbing across the screen to keep them working for some reason.
    you can check my game out in the announce you game thread promo codes there also don't think any been used yet.
    oh its called Alien Armada.

yea kinda sucks that its glitchy, i asked codemomnkey if he was gonna fix it, he pretty much said no lol
    BBEnk - Thanks, I will see if I can grab a copy.

Aquarius - If there is something wrong with the joystick that can be fixed, I will fix it and release it to everyone. If I get the chance to test and see what works and what doesn't.
  • GLGAMESGLGAMES SingaporeMember Posts: 988
    i got similar dual joystick template from darren too. haven't really use it yet. wonder if it's the same ?
  • FranzKellerFranzKeller Member Posts: 517
    Good work so far! ;-)
  • YadahYadah Member Posts: 3
    Can you guys point me to the code monkey template I can't find it anywhere. Also Warpser are you sharing your joystick work?