actors react to "Collide" but not "Overlap or Collides with"?

xaqmusicxaqmusic Member Posts: 2
edited November -1 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to create a rule that will trigger a behavior when two spawned actors overlap and a few other attributes are true. However, the "Overlaps or Collides with" function does not seem to work. I've debugged this by setting the rule to "Any" instead of "All" so I know the other criteria are being met for my rule. Also, these actors are spawned from actors on the same layer and if I set them to collide with actors of the same type or tag they bounce off of each other properly. So why won't "Overlap or Collides with" work? Here is what I'm doing:

I have a BULLET and a TARGET in a sort of shooting gallery game.

the BULLET is spawned from a player controlled gun (in back of the actor) and the TARGET is spawned from a moving actor (in front of the actor). Kind of a simulated 3d.

I have a rule within the BULLET actor that states: (when actor receives event)(overlaps or collides with) (actor of type) (TARGET) then "Change Image" <-- so it's obvious that it's working.

Nothing happens when the actors overlap. Is this a layer issue? Any ideas? Thanks for the help!