Cool tip for changing the GS version number in your project

simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
edited February 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
I am presently sticking to GS 0.9.90 as I have two projects far along in development and want to publish under that version. However many have moved to 0.9.91 and therefore when demos are given out it tells me I can't open them. I right clicked the projects, chose Show Package contents and then went into all the files that would open in a text editor and manually changed the version number to 0.9.90 and the project then opened and was usable.

However even in small demo projects there are 6-8 files that each need changing so I found a great tool that allows you to find and replace within the project file and it does the change quick and easy so I thought I'd share. Maybe you want to go back a version because you found a bug or a new element added that you don't want etc .. so this might be handy.

NOTES: Have only done a few tests and they worked ... perhaps under some circumstances this might not work, so always make a copy of your file before trying!

Here's the free MacOSX program I used: http://sw.ixoft.com/texfinderx/

In the GS project file the version is set like this: GSCVersion="0.9.90" so I dragged the project file into this program and it showed me all the files in that project. I selected to find GSCVersion="0.9.91" and replace it with GSCVersion="0.9.90" and presto I could open the project!

Comments