GameSalad

Win a Free Pro Membership with Bowl Boy Fan Art Contest!

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,084Member, Chef Emeritus
edited March 2012 in Miscellaneous
During Customer Love Week, GameSalad is excited to present a Bowl Boy Fan Art Competition!

Beginning today (Monday March 26th), members of the GameSalad community are encouraged to submit a piece of Bowl Boy fan art. The GameSalad community will vote and the winner will receive a free, one year Professional membership.

To participate, get creative and design your best Bowl Boy inspired image. Please submit files via JPEG images via email to community@gamesalad.com.

All submitted Bowl Boys will be uploaded into a Bowl Boy Contest Facebook Photo Album. To vote for your favorite Bowl Boy, just "Like" the picture with your favorite Bowl Boy inspired art.

We encourage all users to submit. If you already have a pro membership, no problem! In the event that a current Pro Member wins, their membership will receive a free one year extension.

We will accept Bowl Boy art submissions through Friday morning at 10 CST. And that time we will close the submission process. Votes will be tallied at noon CST. Winner will be announced via Facebook and the GameSalad blog on Friday.

As stated above, all the voting will be done via Facebook - so be sure to follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/Gamesalad to participate!

Good luck!

...and in case you need some inspiration, here is some art by one of our very own GameHunks, Coopaloops!
Photobucket
·

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Dallas, TexasPosts: 7,129Member, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick
    edited March 2012
    You guys are awesome.
    Photoshop time. :P
    ·
  • GreenHavenGamesGreenHavenGames Posts: 51Member
    Is the goal of the art to make a new version of Bowl Boy, or to create something that is inspired by him? Is this just to be cool or does GameSalad have a need/use for the art?
    I have entered contests (spending tons of time) and felt cheated because I didn't understand the company's goal in having the contest, and geared my efforts in the wrong direction.

·
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,084Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited March 2012
    @GreenHavenGames - it's a fun activity in honor of Community Love Week - GameSalad will not utilize the artwork for anything other than determining the winner based on votes on Facebook. It's a Bowlboy Fan Art contest and is completely optional. :)
    ·
    @SaladStraightShooter - Are we allowed to submit multiple designs?
    ·
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,084Member, Chef Emeritus
    @Braydon_SFX - Just one - pick your best and make it count! :D
    ·
    Thanks for the info, @SaladStraightShooter. :P
    ·
    Hey guys - just another point of clarification on the contest: Since the reward for this will be a Pro membership, "likes" (or votes) must be from a legitimate Facebook account. This means that anyone found to be utilizing spoof or fake accounts will be disqualified.

Cheers!
    ·
  • DreamLabDreamLab Posts: 2,126Member
    @SaladStraightShooter

Is there any sort of judging? Or will only the vote count determine the winner?
    thanks!
    ·
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Posts: 650Inactive
    Votes = "Likes" on the photo in the Facebook photo album. All entries are encouraged to share their work and encourage others to become a fan of GameSalad on Facebook in order to facilitate voting.

The fan art piece with the most "likes" in Facebook at the end of the week, wins the free pro membership.

You can review the full contest, submission, and voting details on the GameSalad blog here: http://gamesalad.com/blog/win-a-free-pro-membership-with-bowl-boy-fan-art-contest
    ·
    Whatever your interpretation of fan art is! Just make sure we can tell you made some alterations and put your own spin on it. The more creative- THE BETTER!

When in doubt, check out the entries so far on www.facebook.com/GameSalad. Or have a look at our in-house favorite (not in the contest, of course!)- @Coopaloops Bowser inspired Bowl Boy.
    ·
  • Bar+Up+GamesBar Up Games Posts: 35Member
    So, what exacly is a Bowl Boy?
    ·
    May the best fan art win! I look forward to seeing your entry @olster1!
    ·
  • MoebiusMoebius Posts: 194Member
    edited March 2012
    email sent! hope it arrives :D!
    ·
    edited March 2012
    This is my submit image

EDIT: oh no! it streched! but the original image looked fine! any idea? *Fixed*
    ·
    @RKS true indeed, maybe a votes winner,and a staff choose winner, well it's up to them, let the best art win :D!
    ·
  • laxking97laxking97 Posts: 114Member
    I agree with the Votes Winner & a Staffs Pick, but its up to them
    ·
  • mrglocklingmrglockling Posts: 258Member
    @RKS true indeed, maybe a votes winner,and a staff choose winner, well it's up to them, let the best art win :D!
    +1
    ·
  • SoldierBullsSoldierBulls Posts: 61Member
    Hi everybody! This is my submit! Hope all of you will like it! ;)
    ·
    edited March 2012
    haha! salad guy,! nice one! @Mazapy9teen

·
  • ORDStudioORDStudio Posts: 35Member

This is my submit!

Bowl Boy Fan Art

·
  • creativeappscreativeapps Posts: 1,738Member
    I will try
    ·
    Dont forget- if you see a Fan Art piece that you like, go to www.facebook/gamesalad, fan our page, and VOTE for your top choice(s)!

Spread the word, campaign for your favorites, and may the odds be ever in your favor!!!

And yes, I just pulled out a Hunger Games quote. :)
    ·
    @LaurenSalad oh snap. :) To bad they didn't stick to close to the book with the movie
    ·
    @mrglockling- I know, right? We could start a whole separate thread and I could likely talk your ear off about it. But alas- I will attempt to keep things on topic.

So...yeah...everyone should vote!
    ·
    Haha don't need to get off topic there's 1,000s of other threads for that :)
    ·
  • natzuurnatzuur Posts: 304Member
    Gotta agree here with everyone. Seems like I should spend more time adding friends on facebook rather than creating some epic art... defeats the purpose of a art contest. A staff pick would be sweet in combination with the current system. Oh well, guess I gotta sends link and tell everyone I know once my entries in. :-/
    ·
  • LuckyLurcherLuckyLurcher Posts: 347Member, PRO
    Can the entries be animated? (link to YouTube?).
    ·
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,460Member
    edited March 2012
    Everyone is looking so good!
    some put a smile on my face and some make me go "ahh!"

this is mine:

… everyone should do one!
    even knowing … with no in your FaceBook account … I wont win … this was fun for me this morning …
    and I like fun!

image MH
    ·
This discussion has been closed.