I am stuck, and have no idea what to do. I receiving application failed codesign verification.

rjacomenrjacomen Member, PRO Posts: 19
edited April 2012 in Tech Support
I have no idea what I am doing, but somewhere got screwed up. I received an application failed codesign verification. The signature was invalid, contains disallowed entitlements, or it was not signed with an iPhone Distribution Certificate. I know I have the iphone cert. This is my first app.

Best Answer

• simo103simo103 Posts: 1,331
    Accepted Answer
    @rjacomen .. when you publish in gamesalad do both show up and do you pick the right one?

Answers

• simo103simo103 Member, PRO Posts: 1,331
    @rjacomen ... this maybe one cause (but there are many so you will need to check others). Did you create a development cert and a distribution cert for the same app? I got that error because I had both but only the developer one showed in GS when I went to publish (they had the same name so I didn't notice). I downloaded the distribution one and double clicked to get it into xcode and then when publishing they both showed up and I got to choose the right one and it worked. Hope that might help however I suspect there could be other reasons.
  • rjacomenrjacomen Member, PRO Posts: 19
    I think I have both certificates, which I created with my app account.
  • rjacomenrjacomen Member, PRO Posts: 19
    OK, don't know what I did exactly, but now it works and apple received it. My only fear is I am developing educational apps, children's books, apps for people with disabilities, and now I have to deal with inappropriate advertisements. I guess I need to upgrade to pro to avoid this or downgrade to 9.0. If I downgrade, does it do anything to my app that is on the app store? Can I resubmit with the downgraded software to get the game salad intro instead of play haven?
  • jckmcgrawjckmcgraw Member Posts: 647
    @rjacomen

I wouldn't suggest downgrading as it might lead to more problems down the road... You might just want to take the hit and spend $300