Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer: ***************' doesn't match any valid . . .

GamePizzaGamePizza Member, PRO Posts: 227
I'm trying to run GS Viewer on my iphone but get following error:

Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer: ************' doesn't match any valid, non-expired certificate/private key pair in your keychains

How do I fix this problem?

Comments

• patapplepatapple Member Posts: 873
    Did you create a new app id and provisioning profile for the GS Viewer?
  • GamePizzaGamePizza Member, PRO Posts: 227
    Yes, there is an app id and provisioning profile for GS Viewer
    edited September 2012
    Did you also edit the bundle identifier in xcode to match with your provisioning profile? Did you select the correct provisioning?
    yes bundle identifier matches. For code signing identity I selected the profile for GS.

The provisioning profile for GS appears in Xcode Organizer in the devices list but what is strange is that under status for all the profiles it says 'Valid signing identity not found'

I wonder if this could be the problem.
    add me on skype as pat apple and I can try to fix it for you
    I am making progress. It seems there weren't any private keys for my certificates in Keychain Access. I imported a set of keys from another machine and now I can build GS Viewer. Now I get the following error as it tries to run GS Viewer :

The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.

The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile.

(0xE8008016).
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    It sounds like you have a computer where you created your keys. Make sure you properly exported those keys into the second computer. There is s guide on this process on the Apple developer site under the how to tab in the profiles section. Also mskesure the devise is listed in the profile you creste and then doenload the profile after you list the device.
    edited September 2012
    I created a new Provisioning Profile for GS viewer and set the new Bundle Identifier. I deleted the old Profile. Now the Build fails with the following error:

Code Sign error: Provisioning profile 'GS' specifies the Application Identifier 'com.media.gs' which doesn't match the current setting 'com.gamesalad.gs.new

Provisioning profile 'GS' specifies the Application Identifier 'com.media.gs' which doesn't match the current setting 'com.gamesalad.gs.new'

It's strange. It's almost as if GS viewer program is trying to use the old Provisioning Profile, called 'GS', and not the new one.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    You have something typed in wrong somewhere in xcode watch the video on installing the viewer just do a google search.
    edited October 2012
    Yes, when I changed my Provisioning Profile, I also needed to change the code signing identity also to the code signing identity for the new Provisioning profile. I had the code signing identity for the old provisioning profile. So now it works!!!! Thanks everyone for all the help!! ^:)^ =D>