.app to .ipa converter

Does anyone else here use TestFlight to beta test their apps? If so then you know how much of a pain it is to convert your .app file to a .ipa file, open up TestFlight and send the app. Well, I created a Mac application that does all of it for you! Yes thats right! All you have to do is tell it where the .app file is and it packages, converts, renames the .app file and even opens up TestFlight! Here is the link for the download: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/4embj4z3swlj8ib/iPAConvert.zip?token_hash=AAHXV1fLs8OmZxWg_SHA1FKmucTSm25oIC2GjLh8TweLeA&dl=1

Enjoy! ~O) :D

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    Nice....I thought it was pretty easy, though. We have a tutorial on GSHelper - http://gshelper.com/?p=1825

• SolarPepperStudiosSolarPepperStudios Member Posts: 754
    @Braydon_SFX I watched the tutorial (thats how I knew what to make the app do) but I never like the idea of doing it file by file. If there is a more automated or quicker way, I am going to choose that over doing it manually. :) Now that doesn't apply to all thing but it always does help when programming.
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    No worries - that's neat. I'll be sure to give it a shot. :D
    @Braydon_SFX Thanks for trying it out! Also thanks for that awesome video or this app would have never existed! :D
  • DepressedPandaDepressedPanda Member Posts: 215
    It's really not that hard once you do it a few times. HOWEVER, Innovation should be applauded. This is a great tool that not only speeds up the process for people who know how to do it, but could be a huge help to people new to GameSalad who don't know how to do it. BRAVO.
    @DepressedPanda Thank you! That means a lot! :)
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    Have downloaded and will give it a go next time needed. Thanks
    @beefy_clyro @DepressedPanda @Braydon_SFX Just as a note to those who have downloaded it, the program has been updated because I found a way to make the file size smaller than it was before, so I REALLY recommend redownloading it unless you want your .ipa file to be 2x's as big as it should be. :D
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    isn't it as easy as putting the published app file into a folder called payload, zipping it and renaming IPA?

is that what your tool does or does it do something fancier?
  • DepressedPandaDepressedPanda Member Posts: 215
    Thanks for the heads up. Redownloading.
    @DepressedPanda No problem! :D I found out that my program zipped and moved the .app file into the folder, making it twice as large. I fixed it by only moving the .app file and not zipping it. I tested it and it still works. :)
    edited March 2013
    @jonmulcahy That literally is all it does! And it works! I tested it with TestFlight and iTunes and they both confirmed it as a valid .ipa file. So it does indeed still work. I guess the fancy part is that it automates it and then opens up TestFlight for you.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    @jonmulcahy That literally is all it does! And it works! I tested it with TestFlight and iTunes and they both confirmed it as a valid .ipa file. So it does indeed still work. I guess the fancy part is that it automates it and then opens up TestFlight for you.
    cool, it should make it easier for people new to testflightapp
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    Utveckla_Games - Nice, this will make things easier for beginners :)
    - Thomas
  • FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    We are proud to present the release of our custom made Over the Air distribution platform for builds http://www.ios-apptesting.com
  • blorschblorsch Member Posts: 248
    edited March 2013
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Member Posts: 1,603
    @FanStudioUK - Please contact @SaladStraightShooter and get him to advertise you in the Useful Links thread, don't hyjack other threads.
    - Thomas
  • FanStudioUKFanStudioUK Member Posts: 459
    Ok, sure. Sorry for that!
  • alarm656alarm656 Member Posts: 291
    my APP file has been automatically converted to IPA via iTunes. I just dragged APP to iTunes. I'm sending my APP file via testflightapp.com browser is it correct? and also tried to drag IPA file to TestFlightApp Desktop App but internet connection is very slow. Which one is correct?
    Uploading APP file via testflightapp.com is crashed after uploading completed. 4 hours I wast((((
  • BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764
    Uploading APP file via testflightapp.com is crashed after uploading completed. 4 hours I wast((((
    the file you get from Gamesalad has to be put into a folder called "Payload" then compressed and renamed to Payload.ipa and submit that to test flight if I remember correctly.
    edited June 2013
    @alarm656 @BBEnk is correct but that is also what my tool does. (The one in the link above.) :)
    @alarm656 @BBEnk is correct but that is also what my tool does. (The one in the link above.) :)
    Hi, tanks. Sorry for late reply(. After crashing uploading APP file to testflightapp.com I decided to upload IPA file which has been created automatically when I dragged APP to iTunes, so now about 85% has been uploaded. Now I downloaded your ipa converter software. I have chose APP file which has been created adhoc provision profile. Now I have received a message "Whoo Whee! Making' Bacon!". have I chose right APP for testing via testflightapp? thank you so much!
    Thanks, Are you meaning about ipa converter? if yes, my APP is now inside of Payload folder)). Now I have to make it ZIP format and rename it, is it right? I'm writing here but there is another IPA file on my Desktop))) I spotted that it has created automatically when I pressed Making' Bacon! Name of the new IPA file is "Payload.ipa". Thank you so much! please correct me, everything which I'm doing are correct? my has 89mb. internet is very slow
    edited June 2013

:|
    the file you get from Gamesalad has to be put into a folder called "Payload" then compressed and renamed to Payload.ipa and submit that to test flight if I remember correctly.

Thanks, Are you meaning about ipa converter? if yes, my APP is now inside of Payload folder)). Now I have to make it ZIP format and rename it, is it right? I'm writing here but there is another IPA file on my Desktop))) I spotted that it has created automatically when I pressed Making' Bacon! Name of the new IPA file is "Payload.ipa". Thank you so much! please correct me, everything which I'm doing are correct? my has 89mb. internet is very slow
    IPA file which has been created via iTunes successfully uploaded to testflightapp.com

Please help me test my app. Please help me improve my app. Your test help me create best GS apps. Thanks a lot for your help and support! You're Awesome. Name of the app is "Locked Up". My name and surname in TestFlightApp is Nurlan Akylbekov. my e-mail address is: nurlan.1985@list.ru.
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    edited June 2013
    you can't get people to test your app without adding their UDID to the provisioning profile. I never found it a chore to make a folder, name it Payload, put my app in the folder, right click and select compress and change zip to ipa.
    you can't get people to test your app without adding their UDID to the provisioning profile. I never found it a chore to make a folder, name it Payload, put my app in the folder, right click and select compress and change zip to ipa.
    Hi, I doubt if I've added my app to testflight. Please send me your UDID to my e-mail. nurlan.1985@list.ru