**Advertise On Your Android, iOS, and Win8 Games!**

FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
edited March 2013 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hey guys,

So I had discovered this rather useful advertising company and a method to display their ads in our current apps. So now you can advertise on your free Android games!!! I thought I would share it with you guys, so you don't have to wait for what seems like forever to start getting advertising on your Android apps now. What makes this even more appealing for using on iOS as well is that you can VIEW YOUR dashboard and keep track of how well your apps are doing. This company does have pretty high eCPM's too. Although I believe they pay out much higher for click through/ downloads, but the ads are appealing enough to get customers to go through.

So a quick run down on how to get this working.

1) Sign up here: http://leadbolt.com/developers_signup.php?ref=10030504 ... ( I would really appreciate it if you guys used that link so I can get credit for referrals. Much appreciated :) )

2) After signing up, click the Apps tab and then the "Create New App" button. Now this is key, you need to click on the HTML advertising. I highly suggest the App Wall.

3) Fill out the information for your app. After which it will provide you an HTML link to your ad.

4) Now in Gamesalad wherever it is that you would like to display your ad, put an Open URL behavior and drop the link provided in step 3 in.

Note: One way I suggest doing this to prevent annoyance is to just have it automatically pop up on a game over screen or someplace after game play. I usually put a random on it so it doesn't happen every time. Using this method it will automatically pop up randomly at the Game Over screen taking them right to their browser and your App Wall. Since Android devices have a back button they can simply click back and it will take them right back to the game.

5) After you have tested and submitted your app to the market, you are now ready to publish and get your Ads running. You will need to go back into your dashboard *when your app is LIVE on the market*. Go to your app and click the "Set Active" button. It will prompt you with a little bit more information. In BOTH places where it says something like "Link" that has a button to Test Link, AND underneath it where it says something like "Link to the market" you want to provide the URL for your App.

6) After they have checked it all out they will set your ads active.

7) START EARNING SOME MONEY!!!

Below post any comments or questions you may have. It may also be nice to suggest other methods of implementation of this advertising to help others.

**Also if I'm not mistaken, they payout at around 30 days or less! Net 15 I believe :D . Why wait 90 days!!!

Keep in mind, in order to do this method you will still need a Pro account in order to use the Open URL behavior.

**I haven't tested this on Win8, but assuming the Open URL behavior still works it should still work for it.**

Don't forget to sign up using this link: http://leadbolt.com/developers_signup.php?ref=10030504

:) Have a good one and enjoy!

Comments

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    Another method you could untilize:

Since iOS devices don't have a back button to get out of the ad, it may be more pleasant to create an image or something appealing. Maybe something like "More Games". Give it a little bounce or do something to catch the persons eye and when pressed it proceeds to take them to the App Wall. If these customers were likely to click on that button then they are curious about more games. This should mean they may be more likely to continue through your App Wall resulting in you making some ad revenue.

Enjoy :)

Don't be shy about posting your own little ideas about how to utilize this method in easy and non intrusive ways.
    edited March 2013
    Yes. This game made with GS utilizes it on the Android market.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.circleboxstudios.apocalypticunicorn

It shows up randomly on the Game Over scene. It will give you an idea of how it works when utilized.
  • DeadlySeriousMediaDeadlySeriousMedia ArizonaMember Posts: 838
    That actually worked fairly well. Not too much of an issue with android due to the back arrow.
    edited March 2013
    Yup atleast now you can put ads on your free Android games to earn revenue. Plus you are able to see all your reportings every day ;P

Since iOS doesn't have a back button it works pretty well to utilize it like how I describe in my second post. Basically making your own ad to get them to click on to take them to the App Wall. That way it is a choice, so they can't complain.