Create Your Own RevMob & Chartboost Type of Affiliate Links

jdgouldjdgould Member, PRO Posts: 114
RevMob and Chartboost are excellent sources of revenue, but you don't need to wait for RevMob and Chartboost to get added to GameSalad Creator to make a lot of money promoting other developers Apps. You can create your own advertisements in your apps similar to RevMob and Chartboost using Affiliate Images and URL Hyperlinks (if you are a pro) instead of SDK or 3rd party code.

Here is a link to the video where I show you exactly what you need to do.

All the Best,
Jeff

Comments

• AngieAppsAngieApps Member Posts: 1
    Thanks Jeff. Can I create affiliate links for both iTunes and Google?
  • bhaktarajbhaktaraj Member, PRO Posts: 29
    Hi Jeff,
    I saw you video but if you could do a tutor on how to implement it it will be really great .
  • jdgouldjdgould Member, PRO Posts: 114
    Yes, the Affiliate partners have promotional offers at both iTunes and Google Play. It is really easy to set up, all you need to do is select which game or app you want to promote (i.e. Candy Crush, CSR Racing, etc...), download the creatives (Banners and/or Full Page Ads) and then use the promotional image with a hyperlink that includes your affilate code. In the video I show step by step how to set this up and how to best use these affiliate links throughout your app.

The best part is, you can track your clicks and affiliate commissions real time throughout the day and you typically get paid the first week after the month is over.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeff
    Wow, I have been getting a lot of great comments and feedback on the video. I am always surprised at how many developers don't realize you can create your own RevMob and Chartboost type of affiliate links to make a lot more money. These affiliates offer promotions for both iTunes and Google Play and you can check your commissions real-time throughout the day.

A lot of you asked me if I would create a video that shows you exactly how to set up these affiliate links using GameSalad, so here is a video that does just that.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeff Gould
    Founder App Rush Academy
    BUILD | MARKET | MONETIZE
  • yoyobuttonyoyobutton Member Posts: 1
    Wow, I have been getting a lot of great comments and feedback on the video. I am always surprised at how many developers don't realize you can create your own RevMob and Chartboost type of affiliate links to make a lot more money. These affiliates offer promotions for both iTunes and Google Play and you can check your commissions real-time throughout the day.

A lot of you asked me if I would create a video that shows you exactly how to set up these affiliate links using GameSalad, so here is a video that does just that.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jeff Gould
    Founder App Rush Academy
    BUILD | MARKET | MONETIZE
    jdgould, have you had much luck with users actually transacting either with CPA or CPL revenue streams?
    @yoyobutton - a lot of us are earning around $200 to $250 per month from affiliate revenue, but most of us have optimized our game so that the user is engaged with the affiliate link driving a higher click through rate. We typcially see about 8,000 clicks per day on our affiliate links and get about 130 conversions earning about $250 per day or $.03 per click. I hope that answers your question.

Jeff
  • EggeyGamesEggeyGames Member Posts: 51
    I just saw the video, it was pretty good. But, isn't gamesalad adding Revmob in release 0.11.0 which is supposed to be out later this month?
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    @EggeyGames Yes. He is trying his hardest to get as many people to sign up under him before that as possible. Basically if you sign up through his link he makes money off you making money for using that advertising.

I had come up with something like this over a year ago. It works as an alternative, but honestly it using the open URL to open ads is far more annoying to deal with for users than to have something like Revmob integrated directly in. I'd rather wait for Revmob personally.
    @eggeyGames you are correct, GameSalad is suppose to offer Revmob soon, however, if you want to make as much money as possible by Christmas, it doesn't hurt to create your own affiliate revenue links. I agree with FallacyStudios, it is not as fluid as using Revmob from a user standpoint, but why would you not want another source of revenue while you wait for Revmob and ChartBoost to get integrated, especially this time of year?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934
    @fallacystudios has been one of the biggest voices for RevMob coming to GS ASAP and I've alway thought this sounded kinda scammy so between that and fallacystudios explanation of what this really is I'm closing this down.

Cheers
    Aaron
This discussion has been closed.