Tizen & Appbackr program updates 20-May-2014

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332

* I'm talking to them soon to explain this to them and secure their assurance that they will find and pay us for the games they missed.
    Something to bear in mind during your phone call is that I am 100% positive that I included the appbackr statement in the submission process. 100%.
  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    95% of the issues have nothing to do with how you guys submitted.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• freshworksplayfreshworksplay Member, PRO Posts: 67
    @dgackey‌ Hope to hear from you soon then, also only when it's a 3 month pro extending :) Cheers and good luck with Appbackr
  • FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970
    Just curious, the free months, do you get an email telling you that you received them or ...?
  • dgackeydgackey Austin, TXInactive, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 699
    At present, no. It's a semi-manual process.

Dan Magaha · COO · GameSalad, Inc · danm@gamesalad.com

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390
    @dgackey Whenever I tried to add in the phrase to the validation section on my apps, it came up with an error, in the end i just put no validation needed and then sent you emails with the details of those apps as well as putting them in the GS portfolio. Can you confirm I will still be ok?
  • izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

-- Free months: free months have been processed for all known validated submissions as of the 1/31 report from Appbackr. Once we have verification from Intel regarding the rest of the submissions we'll go ahead and process them too.
    Should I be concerned that I have December submitted apps and haven't received any free months yet?

Same here. I still haven't gotten the free months for 4 apps that's been submitted and is on the Tizen store right now.
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    UPDATE 28-

some folks weren't matched properly by Appbackr (mostly because of name changes) so I am working with them to identify those apps so we can get you paid.
    Thanks,

Dan

No name change here still the same old me. Do I need to send you a copy of the emails you sent me as well as a copy of the Tizen screenshot that shows the Appbacker game salad name involved as well as the Tizen emails saying congrats your apps approved
  • reginald.bernardinreginald.bernardin Member Posts: 346
    @dgackey. For the people that changed their app name should we change it back to the original. Like mine? Thanks
  • BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374
    I have 10 apps in the Tizen Store and no email from anybody. Hope they did not forget me.
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368
    Just wanted to add my name to the list of possible members who weren't matched properly or whatever.

I had a total of eight approved and submitted. Some in January and the others in the first week of February. Three of them were in a incentives email associated with a score from the Appbackr. Also, it appears that I've only received three additional months of pro.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• lycettebroslycettebros Member, PRO Posts: 1,598
    This promotion/scheme was excellent and commend GameSalad on their efforts.

Incentive schemes like this create lots of goodwill, positive energy and I really feel the generosity of GS towards us and it displays a genuine interest in our mutual success.

Compliments to you GS.
  • tarsiustudiotarsiustudio Member Posts: 130
    At present, no. It's a semi-manual process.

if the process of turning pro will not be notified with an email how do I know if I have turned pro after 3 months?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    edited March 2014
    you can check your profile to see when your pro membership expires. while I have not done the math, I do have 3+ years of pro left on my account, which seems about right to me.

I gave not received any emails about it being extended

also, which I did receive appbackr payment for some apps, not for all of them. I assume I'm in with the rest of everyone.
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    i still don't have my pro membership i got 2 apps accepted in early February ?
  • iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648
    5 apps here and nothing either, I'm no too worried, I just wanted to comment as well.
  • tarsiustudiotarsiustudio Member Posts: 130
    thank you all. I have 2 apps uploaded to mid February I have not yet received or payments pro or months, but I have no doubt that GameSalad is doing everything possible for everyone to receive asap
  • CrazyApeCrazyApe Member Posts: 64
    I didnt recieve pro. Why?
  • JanobeJanobe Member, PRO Posts: 46
    i still don't have news about my 9 games approved by January. But i have no doubt that GameSalad is doing everything possible for everyone to the Money incentives and pro months.

greetings!
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    ok, I think I just got pro or in the last few days, I don't know exactly when it started because I just notice a few new behaviours in the stander section and now I can use the pro ones. Where can I go to see how many months I got.
  • LordTarantorLordTarantor Member, PRO Posts: 890
    Ok I just found it thanks a lot!
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited March 2014
    I have gotten no payments nor any months. I'm speaking of apps published in December, January, and February. Am I an exception that needs to be looked into, or are there a considerable amount of earlier payments/months that still need to be sent out? :(

Thanks
    Chakku

EDIT- I just saw his post up top on this page, sorry about that.

@dgackey Is the promotion officially over, by the way?
  • VoidedSkyVoidedSky Member Posts: 1,095
    @Chakku‌
    You are not the only one! I have published two apps in mid-January and early-February, and I have not received anything for them (Pro months or Incentives). From earlier posts, I think there are quite a few in the same boat as us.

But GameSalad is working on it! This is what @dgackey said in regards to the whole deal:
    * Appbackr sent us a list of users they believe were GameSalad developers.
    * We know they missed a lot of you.
    * I'm talking to them soon to explain this to them and secure their assurance that they will find and pay us for the games they missed.
    * Once I have concrete details to share I will post them here.
    * Free months have been credited to people we know have been reported as valid thus far, but as soon as we have a final list from Intel we'll do the rest.

-Josh
  • shebhntshebhnt Member Posts: 74
    Glad to see you guys are working on it. Just have to be patient I guess but it is hard when the appbackr incentive was a nice chunk of change. One that I could use sooner than later....
  • 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    Hi guys,
    and here is my 100% honest review.
    I am as a developer really very disappointed with this campaign. And let me explain why:
    1. You promised that we will receive $50 and free months but didn't mention at the beginning when
    2. After that, you said that we will receive payments at the End of Jan
    3. Than you promised that we will receive funds in February
    4. Now, you are saying that we need to wait more????

This is really unfair to all of us - your members!!! You should know all those details BEFORE you would start this campaign!

Just for the record - there are over 20 apps published at my account at Tizen. Some of them in Dec and some of them in Jan. However, I didn't receive ANY funds yet! And I got ONLY 6 months of PRO account so far.

If to listen here, than probably I will get my funds in 10 years.
    Sorry, but I would never ever listen to GS campaigns in the future. Sorry guys, no trust.

regards
    Maksym
  • SpinzSpinz NorwayMember, PRO Posts: 42
    Please just send me the 6 months of pro
    You told us we would recieve pro till 2/3/14. I did not revieve my 3 months.
  • AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310
    I have 2 approved submitted apps and still not pro????
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    I had been away from GS for over 2 years partially because of the ups and downs. I thought when I received the email offers for some of my games back in December that i would give GS another shot especially because of the changes I read about in the staff and so on. As of right now I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED as it seems so are many others. The norms can come back and say "then you should go elsewhere" or "GS is the only one this easy to use" but that isn't the point. An offer has been made to the GS community and neither GS nor Appbackr has put forth due diligence to follow through on many cases in the timeframe they stated. Even if Appbackr was the hold up that doesn't mean GS couldn't fulfill on their end with at least the PRO months being instated. GS can see from their own webpage form when we submitted the documentation required.
    SO SAD!
    Hi guys,
    and here is my 100% honest review.
    I am as a developer really very disappointed with this campaign. And let me explain why:
    1. You promised that we will receive $50 and free months but didn't mention at the beginning when
    2. After that, you said that we will receive payments at the End of Jan
    3. Than you promised that we will receive funds in February
    4. Now, you are saying that we need to wait more????

This is really unfair to all of us - your members!!! You should know all those details BEFORE you would start this campaign!

If to listen here, than probably I will get my funds in 10 years.
    Sorry, but I would never ever listen to GS campaigns in the future. Sorry guys, no trust.

regards
    Maksym
    @Chaser i agree with you. Gamesalad atleast you could give us daily updates about it.