Tizen & Appbackr program updates 20-May-2014

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271
    edited March 2014
    I haven't received all of my incentives yet either, but here's my two cents:

GameSalad put on this promotion for us.
    They're paying us to port pre-existing games (or new games) over to Tizen.
    It doesn't cost us anything (except time) to do this. We don't even have to pay a Tizen developer fee!

So in reality, we get free PRO and free money (some, including me, get extra incentives which means more FREE money) for a couple hours of work.

Free PRO? Free MONEY?! Sounds like a deal for me! I'm not complaining about GameSalad being a little late on my free money or PRO. Why? Because it's practically free!

If I payed for something and they were late, that'd be a different story. But common guys. Have a little patience.

#RantOver
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332
    If I payed for something and they were late, that'd be a different story. But common guys. Have a little patience.
    I agree completely with almost everything you said, except this bit. We did pay, with our time. I know most people here would never ever have bothered to put their game on the Tizen store (where unless I'm mistaken they aren't even available to buy yet so nobody is making any money from them).

I completely understand that GameSalad can't pay people until they get paid themselves, but they really should be honouring the Pro months, which cost them nothing and they can absolutely see who met the requirements.

I'm very happy to be patient for the money (though by this point I'm getting a little concerned to be honest - I have received nothing including for apps submitted in December), but they're losing good will with a lot of people by not handing out the Pro months.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    @Braydon_SFX‌

I 100% understand what you're saying, but I think the reason people are very frustrated is because they've kept postponing/delaying month-after-month :-S
    I haven't gotten any payments or months, and I have had apps in each month from December through February.

Chakku
  • mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102
    Well we made a lot of bad experience with payments from GS, related to PlayHeaven. Not only that the reports are late, no some times even we get paid than the report was false they just use the amount from the month before without notice etc. Worst is that they still send to wrong PayPal address wich is changed since Juni 2013! And not only once, now twice times. So at least @dgackey taking care of the issues and they are fixed. Mostly very quick. But you have to ask to get it fix. And I still don`t understand why they use the wrong details. But well.
    About the Tizen & Appbackr program. I am sure GS is not doing this because they are so nice. I don`t know the deal or contract between all parties but I am quite sure GS have some good benefits as well on this. That is also ok. What I don`t understand is that they don`t take more care about the hole process. In the end they are our legal party. They offer us money via an email (for most of our games) so they have to take care that we get what we are promised. Thats fact. And yes we spend some times for uploading, changing some stuff etc. But even if not. When we get something promised they must deliver. At least if something goes wrong with there partners the responsibility alone has at GS. But I am very sure that @dgackey is taking care of the issues as best as he could. You know I am very critical in most parts what happens at GS. But I think they do at least as best as they could. We got a promise for an update on Tuesday. So lets see what goes on than.
  • Stupid GamesStupid Games Member Posts: 16
    How long to we have to wait?
  • BobDBobD Member, PRO Posts: 374
    I have had ZERO contact from GameSalad since the initial email they sent. It would be really nice if they can just send an acknowledgment that they know that I have 10 apps in the Tizen store. I don't know if I am forgotten or that they are really working on getting me the payments.
  • 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895
    2all Thanks for supporting my post. At least what I asked from the beginning - BE HONEST WITH US! WITH YOUR USERS!!! Yes, you do have problems with payment - tell us from the beginning! I also do have software company with over 6,000 users on board and never ever would treat them like you do, guys!!! This is really shame of you! Why to waste here more time? Who needs those PRO months? What for if company doesn't listen to their users and don't follow their promises.
    Sorry one more time, but I really wasted a lot of time with my apps here.

regards
    Maksym
  • freshworksplayfreshworksplay Member, PRO Posts: 67
    @CodeWizard‌

Check these lovely words by GS a couple of days ago!!!

"I also need to apologize for not having a stronger presence on the forums. I'm neck deep in my management work and a full-time coding load. I'll do my best to increase my presence here and will definitely ensure my weekly posts are more detailed than they have been as of late."

I've not seen much more activity towards the community within the last few days, WHY ? Very very BAD for the GS reputation. Also getting little pissed by the fact that some critical monetising features are not working properly after i spend $299.

I guess it's bussy at your desks, but it feels a bit like buying a "cat in the sack" as we call it over here in the Netherlands.

Hope it will improve. Good Luck...

I guess it's bussy at your desks, but it feels a bit like buying a "cat in the sack" as we call it over here in the Netherlands.
    I used to tell my students about the origin of the phrase "Who let the cat out of the bag", which I assume is the same as the origin of this phrase. I never really understood it, as I'd rather a cat to a piglet any day of the week.

Less eating on a cat, though.
  • POMPOM Member Posts: 2,599
    edited March 2014
    I haven't gotten any payments nor months too,
    But they have said they had some problems from Appbackr, and they are working to fix this,
    Just be patient I guess..

Roy.
  • freshworksplayfreshworksplay Member, PRO Posts: 67
    Payments or extending membership is not my priority at all!

I Would love to see some more commitment and communication to the community.

Probably they could post an update every day on what they did so far (just a free tip). There are 20 or so people working with GS, there must be some spare time (maybe 15 minutes or so) at the end of the day for just writing a simple update or whatever.

Off course it's busy, everybody is. But in essential we need FOOD, feed the community.

Cheers
  • ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    edited March 2014
    So you said you were going to talk to THEM Friday Here it is Tuesday almost 2pm your time and still no response.
    I could have sworn the first post originally said that he'd post an update on Tuesday based on his conversation with them on the 28th. Doesn't seem to any more though.
    Yes it did say Tuesday and that was edited out now. Initially he said he'd let us know after he had concrete details then he added Tuesday now he's removed Tuesday. MY SALAD IS GETTING ROTTEN AGAIN!
    I could have sworn the first post originally said that he'd post an update on Tuesday based on his conversation with them on the 28th. Doesn't seem to any more though.
  • CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078
    Just felt like mentioning this:
    The gamesalad team is spending a lot of their time to try and get the insensitives out to everyone and it must be very stressful.

But to have a bunch of people wine and complain on the forums isn't going to speed up the gamesalad team. It's only going to make them frustrated. Stressed and annoyed.

Well as mentioned before the people complaining here are not begging for something. This is a clear legal and binding offer that they provide and the frustrating and damaging the own reputation is coming alone from the bad communication behavior. I really thought that we will see at least an update today. But well the day in the US isn't yet over. And sure it's maybe annoying for them to deal with it but it's there job. And GS is not a church, welfare or what ever. They are a company living from our games and our invest into there product. With the conclusion without us there is no GS and so I am sure they are happy to help us here.
    edited March 2014
    Agree.
    It's all business, if you don't run it it runs you over. Hiding from your customers shows no respect, then no point in having customers.
    This is a clear legal and binding offer that they provide and the frustrating and damaging the own reputation is coming alone from the bad communication behavior. I really thought that we will see at least an update today.
    And sure it's maybe annoying for them to deal with it but it's there job. And GS is not a church, welfare or what ever. They are a company living from our games and our invest into there product. With the conclusion without us there is no GS and so I am sure they are happy to help us here.

But to have a bunch of people wine and complain on the forums isn't going to speed up the gamesalad team. It's only going to make them frustrated. Stressed and annoyed.
    I think the community has been incredibly patient and the amount of complaining has been very impressively low. It shows a great deal of understanding for the GameSalad team's challenges, and really demonstrates what a great community we have. VERY few other communities would be at this point with this much patience and this few flared tempers.

But there could definitely be much more consistent communication. I'd happily have the next version of GameSalad delayed by a day if it meant 10 minutes a day spent updating the community.

• wpatenwpaten Member, PRO Posts: 281
    edited March 2014
    I'd happily have the next version of GameSalad delayed by a day if it meant 10 minutes a day spent updating the community.

Ok now THIS I have to agree with 100%.

Yes some information would be at least nice. Even on Emails I don`t get any more updates what makes me a bit sad. We waiting for a 4 digit sum from GS and Appbackr. That makes me a bit nervous when we not even get any update. @dgackey whats going on?
    @dgackey whats going on?
    I think it's safe to assume that his conversation nearly a week ago did not go well.
    edited March 2014
    Still hiding!?
    Here's a few scenarios I have in mind as to why GS is not responding to the Tizen promo.
    1. GS didn't realize they actually had 1000 apps in back January and are now trying to figure out what to tell us.
    (On top of Appbacker getting some messed up.)
    2. Appbacker is not wanting to pay anymore money to GS nor us for whatever reason.
    3. GS actually spent the $50 per app and incentive money on white patent leather shoes, recreational pants and chips for the orphans. I know this one is a stretch.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408
    remember there is probably a single person trying to wrangle all 1000 of these appbackr apps, and that is most likely not their primary job. if appbackr messed anything up and has to go back to the drawing board they have some cleaning up to do.
  • ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited March 2014

1. GS didn't realize they actually had 1000 apps in back January and are now trying to figure out what to tell us.
    Yes...that would be quite horrendous. It's not like they could just offer us free pro, because we're already getting enough of that, and people specifically did this with the expectance of the "minimum of $50 Cash per approved game" promise.

I hope nothing like this has happened.

Chakku
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    edited March 2014
    hmm
  • fadamionfadamion Member, PRO Posts: 309
    edited March 2014
    * Appbackr sent us a list of users they believe were GameSalad developers.
    * We know they missed a lot of you.
    * I'm talking to them soon to explain this to them and secure their assurance that they will find and pay us for the games they missed.
    * Once I have concrete details to share I will post them here.
    * Free months have been credited to people we know have been reported as valid thus far, but as soon as we have a final list from Intel we'll do the rest.
    Did you get to talk to them?

They missed me, my company name is "Fusion Affect"
    Im waiting on 4 digit incentives but i did get my free months. Thank you

• bangslosanbangslosan Member, PRO Posts: 9
    I have 2 approved submitted apps and still not PRO ?
  • SpinzSpinz NorwayMember, PRO Posts: 42
    I also have 2 apps And still no pro
    @dgackey @CodeWizard @‌BlackCloakGS

Any chance of an update on this? Even if it's just to say "We're still talking to appbackr, we have no update we can share but we've not forgotten about you all".

Feeling very ignored on a very important issue :(