Tizen & Appbackr program updates 20-May-2014

Comments

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453
    A company with respect for their customers would have said something by now. I've taken screenshots of the promotion and the deep link submission pages for my apps just in case they start trying to edit that as well. May turn into a SALAD GATE
    @dgackey @CodeWizard @‌BlackCloakGS

Any chance of an update on this? Even if it's just to say "We're still talking to appbackr, we have no update we can share but we've not forgotten about you all".

Feeling very ignored on a very important issue :(
  • CodeWizardCodeWizard Inactive, Chef Emeritus Posts: 1,143
    Salad Gate! :D

Our CEO talked to their CEO and we've gotten word that things are being done to resolve the issues. I don't have full details yet though. More news when we do.
    Thank You! Just a basic response can drop ones blood pressure.

Our CEO talked to their CEO and we've gotten word that things are being done to resolve the issues. I don't have full details yet though. More news when we do.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

Absolutely! Thanks for the update!
  • freshworksplayfreshworksplay Member, PRO Posts: 67

@CodeWizard‌ at what times fits best for calling GS company and what number prefered ? Pls. PM me for that, thanks...

• WooWahWooWah Member, PRO Posts: 4

I'm still waiting on my pro license to be activated and I made the deadline.

• AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310

Still no pro I have been waiting agggesss :((( I just want 6 months I don't care about the fillers just the pro

• SpinzSpinz NorwayMember, PRO Posts: 42

Me to

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

My pro subscription is due to expire next month, I have 4 apps validated so would appreciate you just sorting out my free months before that happens for now!

• FallacyStudiosFallacyStudios Member Posts: 970

@beefy_clyro said:
    My pro subscription is due to expire next month, I have 4 apps validated so would appreciate you just sorting out my free months before that happens for now!

Agreed. I have only gotten paid and received months for 1 app out of 7. That app was submitted Dec and the other 6 by mid Jan. Still waiting.

• 777ideas.com777ideas.com Member, PRO Posts: 895

@Chaser said:

2Chaser!
    Thanks for fighting for our interests! I totally agree that the main problem here is communication from GS's team. Couple minutes per day can safe this situation.
    However, I am asking myself - do I believe that we will receive from GS funds? And I don't think so....
    Sorry guys...

regards
    Maksym

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648

GS will deliver. We just have to keep calm and carry on... and not change up our development life for a few bucks or extensions.

***I type this from my Amazon Kindle HDX that I won in December from GS, I waited a few months but I carried on with development and GS did deliver... :)

• mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102

Very nice that both CEOs are talking together. But I have to admit we would like to know what exactly the issue is. Is it a payment issue? Running any of the both involved companies out of funds? Are there to many bullshit apps submitted and now they saying hey we wanted at least some quality in the store? We dont know. Getting some infos via email but all the same like we are working on it. I know the same emails from MobClix and we know how this ends. Yes thats something different. But could this really be only a name issue? Sorry but our games have the same names like on every other store. And it can`t be so hard to sort this out!

What I would recommend any one. Secure evidence, take screenshots, take copies of everything related to this. In the hopeful unlike event we have to take further steps we are in a very good position about this. And unlike some other believes the complete incentives are only a good will from GS. They are not! Its business. And so they have to work with us like partners and not enemies.

As mentioned before, I really don`t understand why the CEO isn't giving a statement on this?

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

@mulyinc‌
    i wouldn't be surprised if this is contract related, that's why they can't say much, those things are ironclad to prevent any discussion.

I imagine that when the dust settled there was a big discrepancy between what was submitted to appbackr, and what appbackr reported back to GS. Something like that doesn't work itself out overnight. even if we are talking a few hundred apps, that's going to take awhile.

I believe things will work out in the end, but will probably take longer than we (or the folks at GS) would prefer.

• mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102

@jonmulcahy‌ I am sure they are under some kind of NDA but we are not asking for details like what GS earn on this promotion. I am sure they can provide at least some details and a potential time frame. And yes it's true some times it take some time to sort it out but at least a detailed status would be more than fair. And yes it's annoying for the GS employes as well but sorry to say it's there job! Also I have to admit that I bet before with an friend that this large promotion will likely go wrong. And it seems I was right. So let's hope we will have some good news soon.

• tbanouncedtbanounced Member Posts: 1

Also waiting for my pro account. Lets hope it will over soon. Many people are very sad about this. Me included!!

• EspinoEspino Member Posts: 15

Hola amigos,

Informo yo de momento he recibido una parte de los meses PRO, que corresponde a 5 aplicaciones porque veo que la fecha de licencia, la fecha de Expirex aumento 15 meses, aun asi tengo más de 12 aplicaciones aprobadas, por lo que me faltan meses para cumplir los tres años que dan en la promoción.

Del tema economico, no han pagado nada, ni tengo información sobre ello, ni de los 50$ por app, ni de las que tenia en el mail de promoción que recibi por parte de Appbackr.

Tambien deciros que presente esas 5 primeras creo que en diciembre, luego tengo otras en enero y febrero.

Yo estoy contento en general con GameSalad y confío que todo llegara.

Decir tambien que informen mas claramente, porque cada uno tenemos una situación y el dinero en fecha, a algunos puede venir muy bien, pues ya contabamos con ello.

Mando este mensaje en Español, porque se que somos varios, y traducido a ingles con google

Un saludo comunidad GS

Hi friends,

Telling the moment I've been a part of the PRO months, which corresponds to 5 applications I see that the date of license, date of increase Expirex 15 months, even so I have more than 12 approved applications, so I left for months age of three leading in the promotion.

From the economical issue, they have not paid anything, nor do I have information on this, or $ 50 per app, or you had in the promotional mail received by Appbackr.

Also say that this first I think those 5 in December, then I have another in January and February.

I am happy overall with GameSalad and trust that everything arrived.

Report also say that more clearly, because we each have a situation in time and money, some can come in handy, because we already had it.

Command this message in Spanish, because we are many, and translated into English with google

Regards GS community

As time has progressed we can all see that this mishap has affected many more of us GS users than GS let on to originally and I'm sure there are many that don't respond on these forums.

I think when some developers are owed literally thousands of dollars, the very least GS could be doing is contacting those developers directly. $3000+ is not small change.

edited March 2014

In case you haven't noticed GS sent an email early this morning advising on making sure your deep link and content ID were input into the GS page of your portfolio in the incentive tab if you have not done so already

I did not receive that email D:

edited March 2014

"Chaser,

The Appbackr program was wildly successful and has now reached their cap. No new submissions will be eligible for Appbackr incentives and we will be paying out incentives to previously submitted apps every month as we get confirmation and payment from the Appbackr folks.

That being said, in an audit of Appbackr’s report to us we notice a number of discrepancies. So now is the time to help us help you!

Please use the Incentives tab on your published games to provide us with your app’s Content ID and Deep Link (as outlined in our Terms and Conditions: http://gamesalad.com/gamesalad-and-tizen-terms-conditions) by Wednesday, March 12, 2014. Please provide your Content ID and not your Tizen App ID. It should be a 5 digit number with a bunch of leading zeros.

We will submit this data to Appbackr to help you collect your incentives. These submissions may also help you earn a spot in the Intel Tizen incentive program (another $50!), since that’s based on app store Validation date and not on Submission date.

Thank you,
    GameSalad Team"

Was that something you needed to do, or something you'd already done? i.e. is this a generic email or one only sent out to those who had not completed that step?

edited March 2014

I already had the info submitted on the incentives tab back in January so I'm sure it's generic

Edit
    I did send them a question reply asking if I needed to hit the update button again

@Armelline said:
    Was that something you needed to do, or something you'd already done? i.e. is this a generic email or one only sent out to those who had not completed that step?

• izamizam Member, PRO Posts: 503

@Chaser said:
    I already had the info submitted on the incentives tab back in January so I'm sure it's generic

Edit
    I did send them a question reply asking if I needed to hit the update button again

same here. Got that email, and like you, also submitted info through that "incentives" tab in January. I wonder why it didn't get sent. I have a feeling the comment "game salad appbackr" submitted during the submission to Tizen on Tizen developer portal was not submitted to appbackr by the guys who review our apps. Maybe it got glossed over by them because there was quite a bit of app rejection and and resubmission and rejection and then resubmission again all because of that issue with the "back button" back then in January and December.

• tarsiustudiotarsiustudio Member Posts: 130

I still have not received any email. I sent my content ID and deep link when the game went to tizen. I do not speak English and I did not understand very well what they mean. I have to return to them to send the information content ID and deep link from the portfolio? or I have to send an email to GameSalad with the information? Thanks and forgive my English.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

Yes, the email was generic. We sent it to everyone who received an appbackr offer.

@tarsiustudio, please submit them on the portfolio. That goes directly into our database, allowing us to build reports for appbackr. If you did not receive an email, please check your spam box. You may have also clicked on the unsubscribe link by mistake, which would have taken you off the mailing list for the offer. If so, the copy posted in this thread matches the email, so you have the same information as everyone else.

We think the discrepancies were due to a few of issues:

• Some users didn't put in the gamesalad-appbackr comment.
    • Some games were submitted with slightly different names for the Tizen version, making them harder to match.
    • Some apps had multiple offers (e.g. for the Android vs iOS version). Appbackr sometimes matched and paid us for the wrong offer so we're using this data to ask for corrected payments.

Combine those bits of confusion with the volume of apps submitted, the approval/rejection cycles on app approvals at Tizen, and the fact that we only get monthly reports and we are where we are now.

Thanks in advance for your understanding. Please make sure to submit the correct Tizen Content IDs to help us resolve this!

• StoneclipseStoneclipse Member, PRO Posts: 130

I did not receive any email too. Ive got 2 apps submitted to tizen in january and ive filled out the incentives tab in january and have not receive anything yet.

So to confirm then: If you didn't have existing apps on the app stores, you weren't sent an appbackr email and you were not eligible for incentives? No apps submitted after the start of the promotion are receiving incentives?

• tarsiustudiotarsiustudio Member Posts: 130

@adent42 then I have to re-send anything? send my ID and deep link from my portfolio. Sorry to repeat the question but google translator is not very good and to avoid any misunderstanding, I want to be sure whether to send reports of ID and deep link now I have to resend or no longer have to do anything.

I've checked my spam email and do not have any either and I looked at my account and I turned GameSalad subscribe to newsletter option if I know why ye not reach me or not sent