Tizen & Appbackr program updates 20-May-2014

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059
    edited March 2014

@tarsiustudio just enter info on publishing page, no need to email us.

@Armelline only people who were contacted have appbackr incentives. You may still qualify for Intel incentives which is separate ($50, free months). We award those based on when you were accepted into the store by Intel. If you are one of the first 1000 aps, then you will receive the $50 incentive.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,332
    edited March 2014

Armelline only people who were contacted have appbackr incentives. You may still qualify for Intel incentives which is separate ($50, free months). We award those based on when you were accepted into the store by Intel. If you are one of the first 1000 aps, then you will receive the $50 incentive.

Yeah, that's what I figured. I definitely had 4 apps that were some of the first 1000, but would have been nice to be eligible for some appbackr incentives too. Guess it's one of those situations where some people were luckier than others :D Guess my time with Tizen finished once that 1000th app was submitted :D

I did update and submit thousands of dollars worth of incentivised apps for a client, so I've got a cut of that coming, though, which is something at least :D

• tarsiustudiotarsiustudio Member Posts: 130

@adent 42 ok, I had already sent but I have given the information to send back my 2 games, I hope we can all receive payments and months soon

• ChakkuChakku Member Posts: 1,513
    edited March 2014

@adent42‌

I thought that games never-before-published were also eligible for appbackr, and that appbackr would just grade them then and there?

This is what I was told- "For new apps that have never been published, they attempt to project the score based on things they can measure like if the game crashes when they run it through simulators, framerate, complexity of the scenes, etc. "

Chakku

• CodeMonsterCodeMonster ACT, AustraliaMember Posts: 1,078

Never recieved an email :(

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Member Posts: 5,390

Every time I tried to put gamesalad-appbackr in the validation, I got an error so submitted without and sent an email to Dan with all my details. All info is on portfolio as well

• mulyincmulyinc Member, PRO Posts: 102

First of all many thanks for GS and @adent42 for taking care of the issue. Just wondering if there is maybe an issue with your database? We had in the past the issue that our paypal address was changed back in June 2013 and still 2 times the last one a week ago GS is using the wrong old one. So maybe there is also an issue? Where should I send an email to for a proof that the correct details are with you? Thanks

• ChaserChaser Member Posts: 1,453

Both of my apps had no name changes but did have version updates. Example iTunes App Store version 1.2 compared to Tizen App Store version 2.0

• TechawareTechaware Member Posts: 1

Hmm, it seems I was late to the party. I saw the incentive offer and sent my game off to join Tizen's store. It was just accepted today. Then I found this post. I assume I am not eligible for the $50 or free months since you already hit 1000 a few weeks ago. I was just wondering if you could update the incentive page to say that you have already hit 1000 so us new people don't get our hopes up.

Or is the 3 month incentive still on the table, but not the appbackr portion of the offer?

Anyway, I have been enjoying my time with game salad so far.. good work guys!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

My app was in the Tizen store back in December but it was rejected because of the vector to angle issues. I did put in all my info then and email and in my portfolio. I just got an email to add a different type of number than asked for before. The last Tizen update now crashes my game and made the vector issues worse. I could really care less about the money. What interests me is for GS to fix the issues with Tizen so my game runs properly on the platform as I'd like to be on their store. I'd don't know if I'll lose the incentive because of this GS issue and not really concerned about it. Once again GS rolls out a feature and it doesn't work properly, while at the same time offering incentives to use a platform that doesn't work properly. I submitted a bug report long ago and even offered the link to my game to test. This game works flawless on all other platforms and has been on the App Store for almost a year. It scored a 9.6 rating so the game is top notch. So how does a well coded top notch game not work? I'm not ranting, I'm just asking GS to be more thoughtful about this stuff.

• SpinzSpinz NorwayMember, PRO Posts: 42

I have not recived any email please send me one i have 2 apps for sale on tizen store

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,059
    edited March 2014

@Spinz check further back in the thread for a copy of the email. Please make sure you have submitted correct Tizen Deep Links and Content IDs via the Incentives tab of the publishing portfolio by Wednesday.

• SpinzSpinz NorwayMember, PRO Posts: 42

i have entred but it says Waiting for Confirmation and Payment. it have not changen since i pulished my apps

• AdamgoproAdamgopro Member Posts: 310

@adent42 hi i have 2 accepted apps in early February i have put in the correct deep link and content id in the incentives tab will i still be eligible for the free months?

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610

@adent42 I submitted everything as instructed for my two games in January I think (It has been that long now I am not sure) and I haven't received anything at all.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

i think they are asking everyone to resubmit no matter what.

if you submitted back in Jan, just do it again to be safe.

• colandercolander Member Posts: 1,610
    edited March 2014

@jonmulcahy everything was still on the page so I just clicked Update is that all i need to do?

@colander said:
    jonmulcahy everything was still on the page so I just clicked Update is that all i need to do?

thats all i did!

@jonmulcahy‌ so all I have to do is go into my publishing portfolio and update my info in the incensitives tab? I submitted my games in jan and still Havnt recieved rewards.

• quantumsheepquantumsheep Member Posts: 8,188
    edited March 2014

@CodeMonster said:
    jonmulcahy‌ so all I have to do is go into my publishing portfolio and update my info in the incensitives tab? I submitted my games in jan and still Havnt recieved rewards.

Send GS an email with your deep link and content id numbers for each app to be on the safe side.

e.g

MyGreatApp
    Deep Link: djhfahiu
    ContentID: 0000044553

MyGreatApp 2
    Deep Link: djhfahiu
    ContentID: 0000044543

etc etc

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: https://quantumsheep.itch.io

@adent42‌

Should we keep the long string of 0s? And we do resubmit even if we already submitted initially?

Thanks
    Chakku

edited March 2014

@Chakku said:
    adent42‌

Should we keep the long string of 0s? And we do resubmit even if we already submitted initially?

Thanks
    Chakku

Keep the string of 0000s

Send them the info asked for: Deep Link and Content ID for each app - even if you've done so before.

Send to: xxx @ gamesalad.com (sorry Fred!)

Include your name, your GS Username too - any and all info that will help them quickly identify you and your apps.

Also, while I'm here, check the Tax Info details on your profile - it's under 'settings' - make sure that's filled out correctly.

Hurry now!

QS

Edited by @adent42: Please do not email Fred. Please make sure to enter your information via the "Incentive" tab of your Game's Publishing Portfolio page.

@‌quantamsheep

Is this required even if we did not receive the generic email? Thanks for the quick reply and for the time warning :)

Also, Fred@gamesalad.com is the legit email right? I thought his name was Dan to be honest.

Thanks
    Chakku

Fred is the poor fellow that sent the email out so I'd send it to him, rather than Dan.

Or Gertrude...

QS =D

at the very least, whether you go the email or not. EVERYONE should be going to the incentives page and resubmitting the tizen info.

EVERYONE

@jonmulcahy said:
    at the very least, whether you go the email or not. EVERYONE should be going to the incentives page and resubmitting the tizen info.

EVERYONE

Thanks for setting me up!

QS =D

edited March 2014

@Chakku the extra zeros don't really matter to us. But it's better to get the whole string than to risk missing anything with a bad copy paste by removing the zero.

The fred@gamesalad.com thing was a bit of a snafu on my part. It's legit in that it came from us. It's not legit in that you can't actually reply to it. Please enter your data even if you didn't get the generic email, it's will help us in the future when talking to platform providers if we can show them how many games gamesalad users can bring to the system, which gives us more leverage to get you all incentives!

• AxygamesAxygames Member, PRO Posts: 203
    edited March 2014

where are my incentives? :# :# :# hahahahahahahahah