DON't DOWNLOAD OS X YOSEMITE BETA

Conifer_AppsConifer_Apps Member Posts: 100

Although I love the new graphics, sadly I will be reverting back to mavericks due to some problems that, strangely enough, Yosemite is having only with Gamesalad. This is the only app that I've come across so far that does the following:

Gamesalad's lists don't work quite right. In rules you cannot see the selection for the trigger. The behavior list is present, but you cannot see any of the items. The attributes don't show up either. Just look at the picture, OK?

Yes, I recognize that this isn't gamesalad's fault, it's Apple's fault, but I'd thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Comments

• BlackCloakGSBlackCloakGS Member, PRO Posts: 2,250
    edited June 2014

I am running Yosemite in vmware fusion 6 and I am not seeing those issue what version of GameSalad are you running?

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 9,934

It's no ones fault. Yosemite was released in beta yesterday. GameSalad has hardly had time to begin supporting it.

Personally I would never install a beta os on any device I regularly used for personal or development purposes.

edited June 2014

Just a recommendation alway try mac beta software out in a vm first. Its safer that way.
    As @tenrdrmer‌ pointed out we have not even started a full test pass on 10.10 it just came out yesterday.

• Conifer_AppsConifer_Apps Member Posts: 100

Im running GS 0.11.0.13 beta.

@Conifer_Apps‌ do templates show up correctly?

• JodyMitomaJodyMitoma Member Posts: 307
    edited June 2014

Ouff, bad new! Let the Windows Creator 10.5 development stretch on even longer.
    Going on 2 weeks not working on my game due to requiring something from Windows Creator 10.5 or 11. Sucks.

edited June 2014

@BlackCloakGS Nope... Nothing seems to be working. All actors having the same issues as I mentioned. In the process of a system restore right now.

Phew.............. System restore did the trick. Everything is back to normal. Maybe next time I'll try it in VM Ware first.

• farhan94farhan94 Member, PRO Posts: 12

@Conifer_Apps‌ did you do a system restore to OS X Mavericks or Yosemite?

@farhan94 I went back to mavericks

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Conifer_Apps said:
    Yes, I recognize that this isn't gamesalad's fault, it's Apple's fault, but I'd thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

Damn Apple, they should have really written Yosemite to accommodate GameSalad 11.0.13, when will they learn !

;)

• MantoManto Member Posts: 796

GS 0.11.0.13 beta works fine for me on OS X Yosemite. However, some texts are hard to read (white text on light grey background) and scrolling seems slow. It's usable but not as good as on older versions of OS X.

• MeinMilchKaffeeMeinMilchKaffee Member, PRO Posts: 114

Works fine for me too! ( 0.11.0.13 )