Did my luck finally change?

Speedy007Speedy007 Member Posts: 229

Lets hope I don't jinx myself for posting this, but has my luck changed??? I submitted two apps for review today and after only 3 hours they were changed into IN REVIEW... That was the quickest ever....I doubt the IN REVIEW will be anywhere near as quick cause its got alot of upgrades in it and they will have to play awhile to try them all...Fingers Crossed...

Comments

• stahboystahboy Member, PRO Posts: 150

Wow, I'm so jealous :)

• Speedy007Speedy007 Member Posts: 229

App was REJECTED woop woop...And not even for the same reason as last time...Lets see what did they say??? Oh wait it was...

We found several screens of your app were crowded and/or laid out in a way that made it difficult to use your app or complete tasks within your app.

Please see the attached screenshots for more information. These screenshots represent some examples of this problem but may not represent all instances of this issue.

Please revise your app to ensure the content and controls on the screen are easy to read and interact with. For more information, review the following resources on the iOS Dev Center:

Anyways Im gonna post a link to the Gamesalad Arcade version and see if you think its to hard to understand...I plan on submitting a appeal to the App Review Board sometime tomorrow.

Here it is arcade.gamesalad.com/games/124309

Was the game to hard for ya'll???(It is made for touch and keyboard...Arrows to go up and down and space to shoot.

App was REJECTED...

We found several screens of your app were crowded and/or laid out in a way that made it difficult to use your app or complete tasks within your app.

Please see the attached screenshots for more information. These screenshots represent some examples of this problem but may not represent all instances of this issue.

Please revise your app to ensure the content and controls on the screen are easy to read and interact with. For more information, review the following resources on the iOS Dev Center:

Anyways Im gonna post a link to the Gamesalad Arcade version and see if you think its to hard to understand...I plan on submitting a appeal to the App Review Board sometime tomorrow.

Tell me what you think?(The main characters are just a rough draft to learn the schematics , I was thinking about making them airplanes or different birds. Next update will allow you to switch to different characters)
    arcade.gamesalad.com/games/124309

Feedback is welcome

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

To be honest I did find the layout a bit confusing. It seems pretty arbitrary to reject it though when a lot of AAA games are far, far worse in this regard.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Speedy007 said:

Do you have some screenshots of how the game looks on both iPad and iPhone (if it runs on both)? The culprit might be there somewhere.

• LovejoyLovejoy Member Posts: 2,078
    edited October 2014

Maybe the up and down buttons are too close together so it makes it difficult to move when playing on iPhones.

Fortuna Infortuna Forti Una

Sure thing.They are sideways since thats how apple sent them.They aren't even the full screenshots..They cut out my arrows...I Ad-hoc tested it and all was in the right place.

I have had a few friends try it out and they thought the game was fine...Here is the screenshots they sent me.They aren't even the full screenshots..They cut out my arrows...I Ad-hoc tested it and all was in the right place..

or maybe it was cut like that...They never said...I should try and publish in a different mode and make a help..we shall see

or maybe it was cut like that...They never said...I should try and publish in a different mode and make a help..we shall see

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
    edited October 2014

Even though they didn't seem to mention it, I have to wonder if it's partly the 'flappy birds' fault. Maybe replace that with something else?

Well, if it is cut off like that on certain devices, then that explains it.

"We found several screens of your app were crowded and/or laid out in a way that made it difficult to use your app or complete tasks within your app."

If it cuts off some of the controls, especially one of the arrows, I completely understand why Apple would make this decision.

And as @jamie_c‌ mentions, and I advised you to do several times in the past, I highly recommend replacing the flappy bird with something that isn't bound by copyright.

Good luck!

Why did you start this second thread on the same topic? The mods will either delete duplicates or merge them.

Making multiple threads at once will not get you an answer faster.

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Member, Sous Chef Posts: 10,408

merged

and as others have said, the screenshots are showing you the exact problem. You built this as a universal app, and when they play it on an iPad the controls are cropped. You will need to use logic to place them on the screen based on the detected resolution, or build them as an iPhone only app.

Ok..Thanks guys...My bad on the double posts.