IMPOSSIBLE RUSH > THREE POINTS

BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
edited October 2014 in Working with GS (Mac)

So a month ago I created this app called Three Points with Sabba Keynejad. It reached 330.000 Downloads and reached the top ten in the puzzle category in many countries. We also created Four Points, Five Points and Six Points of the same series.

A iteration of Four Points called Impossible Rush just reached the overall top rankings in the App Store.
Here is the story behind. And a good reason why Gamesalad should considering allowing Third Party SDK's.
There are some big deals right now not accesable. (I love gamesalad anyways)

Full story here:
https://gamemanifest.wordpress.com/2014/10/11/impossible-rush-three-points/

Comments

• LumpAppsLumpApps Member Posts: 2,880

What a story.
    I don't understand the part about the third party SDKs. You mean like being able to edit in xcode?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Yeah, it seems from the news article that the guy you sold the rights to was a big marketer, so he probably pulled his marketing strings to get it out there.

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited October 2014

@Bigdave Your a genius designer, and a good guy. I hope you and Sabba get the success you deserve. The article says that the others didn't monetize the app either.

Your ideas are worth a lot as seen from this. Brain teaser games appeal to both young and old, and all kinds of different cultures, which is why it has wide appeal over such a varied demographic. I wonder what methods that guy you sold the rights to used to advertise the game in such a way that it managed to gain so much attention in such little time?

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

thanks GUYSSSSSSSS!!
    @Franto !! :)

Apple just made me a very nice Happy birthday present!!!

They featured the app again!!!

This time in the "best Indie games" section. (at least in 3 countries so far)
    Really awesome didn't expected that.

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited October 2014

@BigDave You're welcome and congratulations!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited August 2016

The guy that cloned Three Points and Marketed the hell out of it is now a teen millionaire.

Mainly because the apps made him get investors for his revenue machine trading platform .

And now he appeared in german news I check on daily basis, he haunts me..

At 1:00 you see the game..

• iamcarteziamcartez Houston, TexasMember Posts: 648
  • jay2dxjay2dx Member Posts: 611
    edited August 2016

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634
    edited August 2016

@BigDave,

It's interesting (in a bad way, tut mir leide) that this happened to you. Some time ago you shared some stats, and I was of the opinion you had a nice amount of downloads per day (and that was on the one app you mentioned).

Visibility is certainly the hardest part of it all imho. Not the idea, not the coding, not the graphics, not the audio. That's all as good as one puts the effort into it. It's getting the people out there to know your app exists.

Now if I could choose between being a teen or a millionaire, I'd go with teen! :D

• ClockClock Member Posts: 308

Damn, that cruel. I personally like 3 points more than 4 points. He just clone the hell out of 3-points and he's proud of it.

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Dang.