Help with immovable actors

Hi there,
I am currently making a game that is "infinite". It has 8 ledges that move down using the move behavior. I have the wrap y setting selected so that when they get to the bottom of the screen they go back to the top. The issue is they collide with a ball in my game and when they do they obviously move. If I uncheck movable on the ledges they don't move at all. I have tried to fix this using interpolate saying: every .01 seconds interpolate selfpositiony to selfpositiony-10. This however did not work for the ledges because for some reason they would not wrap y on the screen then, they would just infinitely move down. Does anyone have a solution that would allow the ledges o wrap y and move down but not be moved by the collision of the ball? One more thing, I need to use wrap y instead of having the ledges pop back to the top of the screen using interpolate because that can lag and the ledges can change positions over time.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• RabidParrotRabidParrot Formally RabidParrot. Member Posts: 956
    edited February 2015

@GamesforGood

So you want the actor to move on the y- axis and not the x-axis?

Why no constrain the actors x? You can then click movable and the actor will maintain what every x value you constrain it to.

If you don't want the actor to rotate make sure you turn on Fixed Rotation.

• GamesforGoodGamesforGood Member Posts: 73

Good Idea Thanks.