Windows Creator Nightly, RC 0.13.1 is available

stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
edited April 2015 in GameSalad Kitchen

Windows Creator Nightly/Release Candidate build 0.13.1 is available

It is highly recommended that you uninstall any old versions of the Windows Creator Nightly before installing the new one.

Features

• Various bug fixes, including behaviors not triggering on table changes, and Change Scene not working.
  • Support for importing/exporting csv tables with row/column labels, and column data types.
  • Support for screenshots in native preview.
  • Support for joystick attributes (but see known issues)
  • Most game projects should import from Mac Creator 0.13
  • GameSalad Viewer 0.13.7 supported.
  • Support for the GameSalad Android Viewer over a usb port.
  • Windows Creator Nightly should install even if it can't open the firewall ports needed for GameSalad Viewer support. However, you will not be able to access the Viewer over wifi in this case. You will still be able to use the Android Viewer over usb.

Android Viewer over usb support
In order to use the Android Viewer over usb, you will need to install the Android SDK (found here). You will then need to tell Creator where to find the adb.exe program (under platform-tools of the SDK), which you can set in the preferences dialog.

Native Preview
We have temporarily disabled the OpenGL version check for native preview. If you run native preview and it crashes, please send us the result of the dxdiag program. This will help us support as many graphics cards as we can.

Known Issues

• While the Show Ad behavior still exists, it has been deprecated in favor of the Show Banner behavior, and will be removed in a future release. If you use Show Ad in your project, please change the behavior to Show Banner.
  • There is a known bug where if you use the new native previewer, and then try to use the old web previewer, Windows Creator may crash. Please shut down Creator and restart if you want to switch between the previewers.
  • While the joystick attributes can be used in your project, joysticks are not yet implemented in native or web preview. However, you can test joysticks by previewing on the viewers.
  • Network commands not currently supported.
  • The Windows version of adb.exe can lock up. If you try to use the Android Viewer over usb, and both Windows Creator and the Viewer appear to have locked up, try restarting your computer. If you still cannot use the Viewer, contact our tech support. Unfortunately this is not something we have control over.
  • If you open a project with File->Open after starting up Windows Creator instead of File->Open Recent, and try to preview, Creator may crash. For some reason the Open File dialog appears to cause the crash on some, but not all, machines.
  • Some Text/Font combinations in Display Text can cause native preview to crash. We think we've found a fix for it, which should be in the next RC.
  • Native preview on Vista machines will crash Windows Creator.

Note there is no difference between nightly 0.13.1 and RC. We felt that free users should have access to it, as the current official release is so out of date.

Report Any Bugs If you find bugs in the build, let us know! We'll be watching the forums, support tickets and bug database for info on this.

Thanks for your help!

Download the the build here:

http://gamesalad.com/download/releases

Scroll down until you see "Releases for Windows (Offline Setup)"

Comments

• FrantoFranto Member Posts: 779
    edited March 2015

Awesome! Excellent work, @Gamesalad. Looking forward to using this new version.

• wcsd9739wcsd9739 Member Posts: 37
    edited March 2015

Looking good! Any idea when we might expect a full release (or release candidate)?

• stevejstevej Member, PRO, Chef Emeritus Posts: 435
    edited March 2015

@wcsd9739 said:
    Looking good! Any idea when we might expect a full release (or release candidate)?

Final release should be in about 2-3 weeks. We're still deciding on when the RC will be out, possibly very soon. The 0.13 nightly will be promoted to an RC candidate today.

• kpluongkpluong Member, PRO Posts: 11

Is it possible to get us a list of all new features since 0.10.5? I'm really excited about this. Great job guys!

• kpluongkpluong Member, PRO Posts: 11
    edited March 2015

I'm still having difficulties displaying test from tables. Does anyone know why?

• SummationSummation Member, PRO Posts: 476

I noticed that you have to log in to see and use the Pro behaviors.

• wcsd9739wcsd9739 Member Posts: 37
    edited April 2015

@Summation said:
    I noticed that you have to log in to see and use the Pro behaviors.

It was like that before, wasn't it?

Also, is there a way to actually uninstall the Nightlies? I couldn't find anything that said "Uninstaller" or something. So I just deleted them...

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

GameSalad stops working when trying to preview my project - which worked before. It crashes with no error message.

@wcsd9739 said:
    Also, is there a way to actually uninstall the Nightlies? I couldn't find anything that said "Uninstaller" or something. So I just deleted them...

You should be able to go to "Programs and Features" in Control Panel, and uninstall it from there.

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

Just tried it and it does crash every time I try to add media.
    Looking good though, some good updates.
    Can't wait for stable, want to get a game made :)

@ookami007 said:
    GameSalad stops working when trying to preview my project - which worked before. It crashes with no error message.

Please submit a bug report with your project attached. Thanks!

@ogreofwart said:
    Just tried it and it does crash every time I try to add media.
    Looking good though, some good updates.
    Can't wait for stable, want to get a game made :)

I've been able to add media with no issues. Please submit a bug report detailing the steps you're doing (or attach a video showing the crash, if you can). Attaching the media file you're trying to add would also help.

• ookami007ookami007 Member Posts: 581

@stevej said:
    Please submit a bug report with your project attached. Thanks!

Done. Bug report submitted with the project.

• ogreofwartogreofwart Hello Everybody on the Gamesalad Planet. I come in peace, warts'n'all!!! Lancashire UKMember Posts: 281

@stevej I didn't read all of the known bugs carefully (naughty Ogre) I'm running Vista so there will be crash issues. :)

• gajaklukaszgajaklukasz Member, PRO Posts: 110

Awesome it works.
    Thank you very much GS Team.

• safransafran Member Posts: 32

Well, GOOD WORK!!! I've been switching back and forth using a hackintosh and a windows machine without problem.