Is there a rule or command to blur anything behind an image?

Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

I know I can blur the image in any photo editor to make the things behind it look blurry but I'm still wondering if there is a way to make it happen no matter what the trigger is.

Best Answer

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Posts: 1,276
    Accepted Answer

Here is a blur style demo. It´s not perfect, but it´s what you can do in GameSalad.

Click the image to blur / unblur (is that a word? :smiley: )

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

Answers

• Luke20wLuke20w Member, PRO Posts: 50

An actor alpha color is its transparency so by making its alpha less its transparency will go down. You could make a rule that says; If touch is pressed change attribute self.color.alpha to 0.2. That will blur the actor to 20% transparency and you could change the 0.2 to whatever you want. Hope this helps!

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453
    edited July 2015

@Luke20w said:
    An actor alpha color is its transparency so by making its alpha less its transparency will go down. You could make a rule that says; If touch is pressed change attribute self.color.alpha to 0.2. That will blur the actor to 20% transparency and you could change the 0.2 to whatever you want. Hope this helps!

What?! transparency isn't blurring
    I guess you could make an actor that is blurred in photo editor then overlay that actor on top of your original actor, and change that blurred actor's alpha to create some sort of fake blurred effect...but transparency is definitely not blur.

• tintrantintran Member Posts: 453

@NipaDidIt said:
    Here is a blur style demo. It´s not perfect, but it´s what you can do in GameSalad.

Nice blur effect.

• PestoPesto Member Posts: 38

That's a great technique/trick NipaDidIt!
    Change transparency, replicate and adjust position (90 degree increments) ever so slightly.

• Dell7730Dell7730 Member, PRO Posts: 388

@NipaDidIt said:

this is great, will surely use this on my next games

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@NipaDidIt There's a bug with the forum software that causes attachments to disappear when a thread is marked as "answered." You had a really nice demo and I'm wondering if you would be willing to post it again from a file-sharing site such as Dropbox, mediafire, etc.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@tatiang
    I frogot about that but... From some reason, i couldn´t find the demo i made earlier, but i whipped up a new one.

Download from DropBox.

Mental Donkey Games

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Whoops. I should have mentioned that I downloaded it initially and could upload it again. I tend to not want to post people's projects without first asking which is why I posted the request. Anyway, thanks and I hope it wasn't too much trouble. I had recommended another user check out your demo.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

@tatiang no trouble at all :smile:

Mental Donkey Games