GameSalad

about (deepblueapps) merge projects

hello every one,
I have I problem that I need to merge projects >> and someone told me that deepblueapps has a tool for this >> but there is a problem in the website , I can't buy anything ! every thing disappear from the cart , and also there isn't any option for buying and so on.... I don't know if this problem is just for me ... but can somebody help me ? please I realy need this merge tool ... is there any other website or methods ?????

Comments

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKPosts: 1,889Member

Try contacting @UtopianGames <- DeepBlueApps directly to see if it's still available and if the tool still works with the latest version of GameSalad. You might be able to buy it directly from them.

From a post I saw recently I don't think they're selling tools and templates on their own site anymore because the costs to run the store wasn't worth it.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,670Member
    edited July 2016

The DBA site is all but closed, the shopping cart has expired and we wont be renewing, sorry.

Wayne is still running his sister site DBi and i just found this link for you with the merger for sale at £2.99 http://www.deepblueideas.com/product/gs-project-merger/

• JH4musicJH4music Posts: 23Member, PRO

I tried to buy this tool from the deepblueideas site about a month ago, the download link didn't work. I tried to contact Wayne through his site, and never got a response. I also opened a paypal case, and got the same silence. It's a shame, I would love to be able to buy these tools.

• UtopianGamesUtopianGames Posts: 5,670Member
    edited July 2016

@wayne001 Tagged Wayne in to see if he sees the above.

• lara.abulhamayellara.abulhamayel Posts: 14Member, PRO

@UtopianGames said:
    The DBA site is all but closed, the shopping cart has expired and we wont be renewing, sorry.

Wayne is still running his sister site DBi and i just found this link for you with the merger for sale at £2.99 http://www.deepblueideas.com/product/gs-project-merger/

Thank you ❤️❤️❤️❤️!!!!!

• wayneh001wayneh001 Posts: 299Member

@JH4music Sorry to hear you were having problems purchasing something from the DBI (or DBA) sites. I never saw an email from you about not being able to download. Drop me a mail and I'll send the tool over to you ( sales [at] deepblueideas.com ).

Cheers
    Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for reaching out to me. I just sent you an email.

John

@JH4music Got your mail thanks. Sent you some links to the tools and templates.

Cheers
    Wayne

Thanks Wayne,

These links worked. Glad you saw my post here.

• fmakawafmakawa Posts: 542Member, PRO

@wayneh001 just checking, do they work on Windows?

@fmakawa Sorry no. This version of all the tools is Mac only. I did start converting them to Windows some time ago, but stopped development.

Cheers
    Wayne

• junderhilljunderhill Posts: 3Member

I just purchased this and it seems to work great. Just what I needed! Thanks, Wayne!
    @wayneh001

• JapsterJapster Posts: 381Member, PRO

@wayneh001 said:
    @fmakawa Sorry no. This version of all the tools is Mac only. I did start converting them to Windows some time ago, but stopped development.

Cheers
    Wayne

Hi @wayneh001 - Just spotted this post! - I bought this ages and ages ago, and it worked GREAT!.... however, it always fails and complains about my projects now, so I've been unable to use it at all... :disappointed:

At the moment, I'm desperate to be able to merge in suitable actors, menu's, high score table logic etc into a project, and I'm completely stuck! - is there a newer version that's compatible with the latest Creator builds, or should it just work still anyway please mate, in which case I haven't got a clue why it doesn't like them! :frowning:

PS - I'll try a current project, created from scratch on my Mac, in the meantime, to confirm either way for that one too...

Cheers,

Den.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Posts: 1,512Member

@Japster this project merger works still, I use is very regularly for clients but you just need to do a few extra steps. The issue with the last know merger is it will copy a table called purchasetable creating 2 in your project (which GS restricts you from deleting and will result in your app being rejected by the app stores. All you have to do is modify the xml file to the purchasetable (make sure you get the right one!) and then delete it. If you get stuck and can't do it, PM me and I'll do it for you.

• jessicapatel123jessicapatel123 Posts: 1Member
    edited November 2016

hello everyone i also work a project and i saw you project has perfect and also new user.

regards
    jessica patel
    24*7 prodissertation.co.uk uk

• JapsterJapster Posts: 381Member, PRO

@gingagaming said:
    @Japster this project merger works still, I use is very regularly for clients but you just need to do a few extra steps. The issue with the last know merger is it will copy a table called purchasetable creating 2 in your project (which GS restricts you from deleting and will result in your app being rejected by the app stores. All you have to do is modify the xml file to the purchasetable (make sure you get the right one!) and then delete it. If you get stuck and can't do it, PM me and I'll do it for you.

@gingagaming - Thanks mate, much appreciated - Good point about the 2 tables, and I'll check that when I get home mate!

I did try the DBA Project merge util again (I actually bought all of them last year, thank goodness for DBA! :smiley: ), and it seemed to work at merging standard helper projects into my game - It's just my previous ones, that started life on PC GS, that seem to cause an issue with it I think... :frowning:

Massive thanks for the offer mate, and the advice!

• smurftedsmurfted Posts: 419Member, PRO

Hopefully this will be implemented into GS soon, as its so important...

• The DBA site is all but closed, the shopping cart has expired and we wont be renewing, sorry.

Regards
    Katni Marble Exporter in New Zealand.