GameSalad Publishing Binaries (RC & Current) - Updated 2020-07-06

Comments

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Where's the RC link again @adent42? Can't see it in your original post.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Sound works again, but still have a xtra sound text to the left when change between sound on/off. Not in creator only on device

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

@freneticz can you PM me your publishing link and a screenshot of the issue?
    @Hypnorabbit you just need to use the Build RC button on the publishing page. As long as you're using a 1.25.x release, you're good to go.

• gizzi93gizzi93 Member, PRO Posts: 67
    edited September 2018

@adent42 Is the newest RC showing interstitial ads without caching?

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

@adent42 First impressions on my own device are good. No crashing and the sound issue is fixed.
    I am about to publish to G-Play and I will keep and eye on the graphs for crash-rate. Update you soon...

Thanks for your hard work on this.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,052

@gizzi93 yep! It looks like the code was already like that, but I'm not sure if that was compiled into one of the previous releases or something I did later. But yes, the interstitial ads do show without caching.

@freneticz so the new version of OpenAL I'm using uses a different sound API than the original. My guess is that what you're seeing is part how volume works with the new sound API and is part of the OS. I'll have to see that screenshot to be sure, but just my first guess.

@adent42 said:
    @gizzi93 yep! It looks like the code was already like that, but I'm not sure if that was compiled into one of the previous releases or something I did later. But yes, the interstitial ads do show without caching.

Awesome....hope that fixes the Chartboost issues I've been having.

Our testing looks good so far and I haven't heard of any major issues from this thread, so we're on track to promote this RC on Friday. Shortly after there will be an RC to remove Revmob which will probably get promoted pretty quickly.

Thats> @adent42 said:

Our testing looks good so far and I haven't heard of any major issues from this thread, so we're on track to promote this RC on Friday. Shortly after there will be an RC to remove Revmob which will probably get promoted pretty quickly.

Thats awesome....any word on ad mediation ?

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302

How come "Launch image" quickly disappears now? I published with .95, generate APK, Google Play, game works fine and all except for that intro... not such a big deal but, can this be fixed?

• Simple Gamer ArtsSimple Gamer Arts Member, PRO Posts: 302

P.S. sound is still distorting a bit (published with .95, generate APK, Google Play)

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 682

@adent42 Thanks for the hard work. My crash-rate is returning to normal. ;)

Sorry for slow updating, had some stuff we needed to take care of on the edu side. I just pushed an RC with some Android Update (info in first post).

• DigiChainDigiChain Member, PRO Posts: 1,277

Thanks @adent42 - Great to see Chartboost is up to date on Android!

edited October 2018

Yah, after I finish Google Play Game Services, I'll probably head back over to iOS. I also have an iOS update for Admob to test and compile.

RC Notes updated. More details here: https://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/96932/google-play-games-available-in-rc/p1?new=1

TL;DR:

• Admob Banner / Interstitial / and Video Reward ads can all be used at once (though we have seen issues in the past with enabling Banner ads and Interstitial ads at the same time, so be careful.
    • Admob mediation can be used to mediate Chartboost ads on Android. This is not the final mediation solution, but something we wanted try as it was relatively easy (on android) and gives us a chance to learn more about the mediation landscape and coding.
  • ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

@adent42 When I publish using the RC button on iOS, I get what appears to be your Admob testing project.

You can guess which project I was using to test publishing with where I didn't notice... it should be fixed now.

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

Currently experiencing ads not working with this RC. They were working fine with apps built two days ago, but starting yesterday builds with the RC no longer show Admob ads. Previous builds prior to yesterday still do like normal. Sent you a message @adent42

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

@8BitAvrin Looks like's it due to the new Chartboost dependency. (i.e. whether you're using chartboost or not, if the chartboost library isn't there, the ad manager doesn't load).

The quick fix is going to be leaving the Chartboost libraries there if Admob is enabled, so that will be happening shortly.

@8BitAvrin Okay. Fix is in. Admob should work for RC on Android again! Not sure about iOS, will start looking into it later today.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

@adent42 Not sure if it's a bug or was just one of those odd things that wouldn't happen again, but I did a generate of an iOS project using the RC button a couple of days ago and when loaded on an iPhone X there was no loading screen displayed. Showed up on iPad and normal iPhone, but not on the X models. I regenerated using the non-RC option and the loading screen was there as expected.

@Armelline thanks for the heads-up, I'll take a look.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

@adent42 Whenever I check off achievement for Google play in the publishing portal my game crashes on Android everytime, and I get an error. Leaderboards work fine.

@BBEnk PM me your game's portfolio page and I can take a look.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Keep up the good work adent. You’re a solo super warrior.

• hzappshzapps Member, PRO Posts: 173

I have had Invalid Binary last night for iOS upload. Re did Apple certificate, redid mobile provisioning file, deleted and re did the Apple ID. The bundle looks correct. I do have Chartboost selected and the numbers inserted on services. It uploads without errors and then bombs out with a message five minutes later from Apple saying invalid binary. I did zip the file from the ipa. It appears the versions are matching from GS publisher to the Apple connect. I can’t seem to remember if I am missing something. I had a binary issue a while back I just can’t problem solve what I’m leaving out. It’s for Yellows Revenge.

Thanks Mike Lowe.

• NKBDLNKBDL Member, PRO Posts: 100

Build RC has been pending forever.. help please...