GameSalad Publishing Binaries (RC & Current) - Updated 2020-07-06

Comments

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 436

For what it is worth, I just tested and iOS ironsource interstitial doesn't work for me. But Admob works as expected both for banner and interstitial.

• badcomicsbadcomics Member, PRO Posts: 30
    edited December 2019

I just test using both Admob Interstitial and banner and still an issue on iOS.
    Losing ad money

badcomics what issues are you seeing? What version are you using? And are you building with the RC? I want to understand how we can have such different experiences.

Creator on Windows 1.25.6227.28368
    Compiling with the "Build RC" in my Portfolio
    Using TestFlight and testing on an iPhone 11

edited December 2019

Could it be the newer iOS version?
    Only the latest app that I updated has the issue. Does not display any ads. Banner or Interstitial.

Worked before. Not an issue on my Android devices, only iOS devices.

• bob loblawbob loblaw Member, PRO Posts: 793

you want to send me a test flight link in personal messages and i’ll let you know what it does on my iphone 7? happy to give feedback if i can.

I just did a test flight build for my app and both banner and interstitial work perfectly fine on an:

iPhone 7
    iOS: 13.2.3
    I built using "Build RC".
    And I don't have the "legacy" ids populated. Just the new ones.

The only difference I see is that I am using a Mac. Let me see if the problem is only on a PC. Maybe ironsource works on a PC. That would be great.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

So there should be no difference whether you're on PC or Mac since the output binary doesn't depend on that.

Try putting in the admob test IDs. If those work, then it's something else. If they don't then we have something wrong in the app or there's something different about how we interact with your particular game logic that has changed.

TLDR;

Try it with Admob Test Ids: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/test-ads
    Does it work?
    Yes - Then it's something in your setup.
    No - Then it's something with your game logic and any update in the engines we made. PM me your publishing link.

Thx all, will try though ids have not changed. My other apps not updated still work. I'll give it a try and let you know in a couple of days. Thx

Adent42, I agree the PC version can't be issued since compile in cloud. Will try you suggestion. Thx to you, adriangomex and Bob loblaw. Will come back after Christmas with results.

So I lied and since you said it worked for you, I had to see if something in the setup was messed with. Somehow, my AppID was not set. Now, I never go into the settings for the ads once set upo in Gamesalad so I don't know what happened because the ads used to work. Anyhow, I put in the ad IDs and iOS ads now work. BTW, my Android App Id was missing as well and the ads showed on Android. Go figure. I am recompiling my apps and uploading after New Years. THX everyone. Have a Merry Christmas, happy holidays and have a happy New Year!

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@adent42 Hey I was wondering if iOS universal is built using iOS 12.1 SDK now? I know some people were having issues with iPad Pro 2018's displaying in "compatibility mode" and I think that was due to previous versions not being built off this. I see in the publishing portal that 12.1 is the minimum now, does this mean the SDK is also 12.1 and should support those new aspect ratios?

These link talk about it a bit, and there are a few apple documentation pages out there too:

https://useyourloaf.com/blog/supporting-new-ipad-pro-models/

https://medium.com/@hacknicity/how-ipad-apps-adapt-to-the-new-11-and-12-9-ipads-pro-cabd1c0e5f20

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

I forget if the RC uses 12.0 or 12.1 but it's more up-to-date.

@adent42 said:
    I forget if the RC uses 12.0 or 12.1 but it's more up-to-date.

Thanks, I'll try building RC and see if I can find a tester with a iPad Pro 2018 to confirm.

@AlchimiaStudios the RC uses 12.1

RC has been updated, check the notes. I think this was the last big RC issues for iOS so I might just push iOS to Release soon. Next up is finding and fixing issues with Google Play services on Android.

@adent42 said:
    @AlchimiaStudios the RC uses 12.1

Thanks for confirming.

I seem to be getting a code sign error when I publish and generate using the RC and then try to sign. If I use the normal generation it works fine and I can sign no problem.

I also cleared out my keychain and started fresh with cert and profiles, and am still getting this error.

I also tried uploading and generating a blank project and still get the same results as an actual project. Gonna try another computer tomorrow and see if it's any different.

Im using the 1.25.88 version on Mac.

Any ideas @adent42 or anyone else who might have seen this too?

.96 seems to work pretty good right now

edited March 2020

Hey @adent42 did you see this news today? https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=03042020b looks like all iOS apps have to be built against iOS13 SDK starting April 30th now, gotta love apple sometimes.

interesting

@AlchimiaStudios now i have! It's kind of sad, they used to try to hit somewhere in the 90 percentile before forcing an update. The real killer for us, time wise, will be the storyboard requirement. I think I have the last of the major iOS issues in the RC ironed out (and even if not, it's still working better than the old release). So I'm gonna throw that out there soon.

I'm gonna release another RC this weekend. I suspect the codesiging is linked to the SDK versions available (and by extension, the Xcode version). I'll PM you when I have some time to look at that issue.

edited March 2020

@adent42 said:
    @AlchimiaStudios now i have! It's kind of sad, they used to try to hit somewhere in the 90 percentile before forcing an update. The real killer for us, time wise, will be the storyboard requirement. I think I have the last of the major iOS issues in the RC ironed out (and even if not, it's still working better than the old release). So I'm gonna throw that out there soon.

I'm gonna release another RC this weekend. I suspect the codesigning is linked to the SDK versions available (and by extension, the Xcode version). I'll PM you when I have some time to look at that issue.

Thanks, that sounds good. Since the codesigning problem seems to be related to the location of the codesign_allocator, I wonder if it's just an issue with me using an older version and it's looking in the wrong location for that. I'll try signing on a more updated mac/GS version this weekend.

Yeah that storyboard launch screen requirement is unfortunate.

a number of people including myself have done universal builds with automatic adjustments, which should work on every iphone screen size. i’m wondering if that will meet apple’s requirement, or can somehow be incorporated to meet the requirements.

• takaharutakaharu Member, PRO Posts: 11

ironsource does not work.
    Why?

iPhone 7
    iOS: 13.2.3
    I built using "Build RC".

@takaharu I think ironsource on IOS still a work in progress (it has not worked for me). I would suggest you switch to admob until they fix it.

Thank you very much.

I used admob, but when I updated it two or three days ago with RC, the behavior became strange.
    Are you OK?

※ We use Google Translate.

@adriangomez & @takaharu IronSrc should work fine, the test ads did display as requested.

If you are having problems, please try disabling ad networks. If you find one with an integration issue, let us know.

We'll look into it on our side as well.

I disabled the ad network and tested again, but IronSrc does not work.
    Android is no problem.
    Only iOS does not work.

The operation test was performed with TestFlight.

※ We use Google Translate.