GameSalad Publishing Binaries (RC & Current) - Updated 2020-07-06

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

@takaharu please PM me your publishing link (publish.gamesalad.com) and I can run some test.

• takaharutakaharu Member, PRO Posts: 11

Excuse me.
    What is PM?

※ We use Google Translate.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

@takaharu said:
    Excuse me.
    What is PM?

※ We use Google Translate.

Click on his name, that will take you to his profile. Then click on the button that says "message." That will allow you to send him a private message (PM).

Thank you

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229
    edited March 2020

@adent42 said:
    The real killer for us, time wise, will be the storyboard requirement.

Will be?? You guys are not working on it already?!!!

@adent42 no offense but this was announced 10 months ago around June 3 2019!
    I’m frighten that GS Team had no idea about this critical change until @AlchimiaStudios (thank you) posted about it few days ago

From Apple
    “As announced at WWDC19, starting April 2020, apps submitted to the App Store must use an Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen and must have an interface that supports any display size.”

April 30th Deadline! is gonna come quick! Please @adent42 let's get it going right now for the Storyboard requirements if you can.

We can't be stuck for 6 month again, unable to publish because of some other priority, this is paramount!!!
    This type of things is happening way to frequently,
    Thank you in advance..

P.S: I’m not being negative about the time frame but the past often informs the future, we have to prepare for the worse and hope for the best!
    For many of us this is serious stuff.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@blob said:

@adent42 said:

I’m frighten that GS Team had no idea about this critical change until @AlchimiaStudios (thank you) posted about it few days ago

From Apple
    “As announced at WWDC19, starting April 2020, apps submitted to the App Store must use an Xcode storyboard to provide the app’s launch screen and must have an interface that supports any display size.”

April 30th Deadline! is gonna come quick! Please @adent42 let's get it going right now for the Storyboard requirements if you can.

We can't be stuck for 6 month again, unable to publish because of some other priority, this is paramount!!!
    Thank you in advance..

P.S: I’m not being negative about the time frame but the past often informs the future, we have to prepare for the worse and hope for the best!

It should definitely be a top priority to get storyboard launch in, since we won't be able to publish/update iOS games without it. Our studio is scheduled to have a release right around then so i'm in agreeance it should be #1 right now.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

@AlchimiaStudios said:

@blob said:

@adent42 said:

From Apple

Thank you in advance..

It should definitely be a top priority to get storyboard launch in, since we won't be able to publish/update iOS games without it. Our studio is scheduled to have a release right around then so i'm in agreeance it should be #1 right now.

Same - I've got some client work due around then and it would be a nightmare to delay. Fingers crossed for a solution.

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,212
    edited March 2020

Guys probably GS fix this issue in time for the next month of 30 April with a RC release.
    Anyway @adent could you please reply about this issue?

I'm basing all my business on GS and i hope to not still in stop for months.

Regards.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568
    edited March 2020

@AlchimiaStudios said:

@blob said:

@adent42 said:

From Apple

Thank you in advance..

+1 I totally agree. This should be a top priority.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,054

It will be fixed in time.

Sorry for the panic: when I say killer, it's just that I'll need to fix it in the code AND the publishing process and that's always annoying. It's not find crashing/dark mode issues in Catalina time consuming.

What will likely happen at first is the story board is just gonna load the loading images.

I but I'm about 50% sure I can make it so you can upload a storyboard xib and assets.car you make on Xcode and we can get it to work. That's the ideal case, because then you can do a bunch of dynamic stuff with the storyboard to adapt to all the different screens. This feature, if it's possible under our current setup, will likely happen after the deadline.

But definitely, we'll have something ready before the deadline.

Oh, and we haven't started on it yet since it's relatively easy and we're been working out issues with threading that causes crashes on IAP and Ads (which we believe the current RC should have handled). I should be starting it sometime next week.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

Aaaah cant get a Android or IOS file out, i looked into the site you send me @adent42 but cant get it to work.... :(

@adent42 said:

Sorry for the panic: when I say killer, it's just that I'll need to fix it in the code AND the publishing process and that's always annoying. It's not find crashing/dark mode issues in Catalina time consuming.

What will likely happen at first is the story board is just gonna load the loading images.

I but I'm about 50% sure I can make it so you can upload a storyboard xib and assets.car you make on Xcode and we can get it to work. That's the ideal case, because then you can do a bunch of dynamic stuff with the storyboard to adapt to all the different screens. This feature, if it's possible under our current setup, will likely happen after the deadline.

Thanks for the clarifications/confirmation! Oh and as a side note I was able to resolve my signing issues with RC using a mac with newer Xcode/OS.

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

@adent42 said:

@AlchimiaStudios said:
    Thanks for the clarifications/confirmation!

Yes:) Thanks!

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

@adent42 said:

Sounds like a plan!

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@adent42 said:

Thank you :)

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

I will not return.

Sorry about that @takaharu, things should be running again. Part of the iOS publishing process got stuck (Icon processing). If you still see an issue, DM me and I'll look into it.

• adriangomezadriangomez Member, PRO Posts: 438

@adent42 No rush but you figured out the ironsource problem?

FYI. The iOS RC has been pushed to release build (still working on android)

edited March 2020

@adent42 said:
    FYI. The iOS RC has been pushed to release build (still working on android)

Hey @adent42 When I upload a build signed for iOS (with the new release build) to iTunesconnect i'm getting an odd error. It let's me upload but then fails when it tries to process it on apple's end.

ITMS-90502: Invalid Bundle - Your binary "************" has a 64-bit architecture slice, so you must include the "arm64" value for the UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities key in your Xcode project. Learn more

(https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/General/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/iPhoneOSKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009252-SW3).

It looks like it just needs to be set so that arm64 is a "requirement" in the dictionary keys. I'm guessing this is something on the publishing side of things? Any help would be appreciated.

@AlchimiaStudios I may have removed it during some testing. I'm working on some stuff, so I'll fix it in a future RC

That being said, new RC. Some basic support for IAP Subscriptions on iOS

@adent42 said:
    @AlchimiaStudios I may have removed it during some testing. I'm working on some stuff, so I'll fix it in a future RC

@adent42 said:

Ok thanks, hopefully soon. Trying to get a beta out ASAP but cannot upload to apple without that fix (unless the RC has it set correctly?).

@AlchimiaStudios I made a fix to the publishing process. Regenerate and you should be good to go.

@adent42 said:
    @AlchimiaStudios I made a fix to the publishing process. Regenerate and you should be good to go.

Wow, so quick! Thanks I'll give it a go.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,331

@adent42 said:

I may hate them as a user but all new features are much appreciated!

• indra.azizindra.aziz Member, PRO Posts: 100
    edited March 2020

Hi @adent42 I couldn't upload an update on Google Play Console because of target SDK

"Upload failed
    Your app currently targets API level 26 and must target at least API level 28 to ensure it is built on the latest APIs optimized for security and performance. Change your app's target API level to at least 28"

The highest on the publish page is currently 26. What am I doing wrong?

RESOLVED: Sorry I didn't use the Build RC, now the APK is uploaded without problems.

• marc_greiffmarc_greiff Member, PRO Posts: 250

Is anyone else having an issue on android devices with the soft navigation bar (the black bar at the bottom of the screen with the back and home buttons) covering the app after certain actions and not re-hiding??