GameSalad Publishing Binaries (RC & Current) - Updated 2020-07-06

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@marc_greiff I saw that once or twice while developing but couldn't reproduce it, so I chalked it up to something i fixed with debug code. We'll keep trying to repo, but if you end up figuring a consistent way to reproduce the error, please DM me.

• kartimanukartimanu Member, PRO Posts: 7

Hello, I am using GameSalad 1.25.97 and it outputs a *.app file. I am using xcode Version 11.4, doesn't have Application Loader. Is there a way I can get GameSalad to output *.ipa file instead?

• pinkio75pinkio75 Member, PRO Posts: 1,211
    edited April 2020

@kartimanu said:
    Hello, I am using GameSalad 1.25.97 and it outputs a *.app file. I am using xcode Version 11.4, doesn't have Application Loader. Is there a way I can get GameSalad to output *.ipa file instead?

When you publish the game click on publish button to obtain a .ipa file.

Than download Transporter directly from the Appstore use it to upload .ipa o.pkg to the Apple store.

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229
    edited April 2020

@adent42

While I'm at it, I'd also like to re-up my plea for GameAnalytics free platform integration:

https://gameanalytics.com

It's the best one, It's granular, it can show us other similar games analytics for comparison, it's the one publishers require us to have, it's almost impossible to be competitive without it.

From a marketing and user acquisition perspective this (and facebook integration) are pretty much the last pieces of the puzzle for limitless possibilities and results, we are almost there!!!

Thank you in advance @adent42 :p

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@blob gonna move your bug into another thread, this one is for discussion of the Game App RCs, not Crreator.

New RC, check the first post.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@adent42 Ive just used the latest RC for a iOS universal build and now getting the following error:

ERROR ITMS-90208: "Invalid Bundle. The bundle XXXXX.app does not support the minimum OS Version specified in the Info.plist."

Its hard coded 12.1 in publishing (as you don't allow us to change the minimum supported device)

Error is produced by using the transporter app when delivering to iTunesConnect.

Try again, I deployed the changes that let you set the minimum version about an hour after I deployed the new RC, so you might have generated in that window.

Oh wait, I didn't deploy it to prod, gimme a sec.

@adent42 said:
    Try again, I deployed the changes that let you set the minimum version about an hour after I deployed the new RC, so you might have generated in that window.

Now we have the option between 12.1 and 13.0 I changed the setting to 13.0, waited for it to finish saving and tried RC again and it still gave the same error. Its specifically saying that it doesn't support the min OS version specified in the info.plist

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

iOS joystick support? Very nice, gonna have to try that out.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

@adent42 said:
    Oh wait, I didn't deploy it to prod, gimme a sec.

I have tried again this morning and still not working. Furthermore, I have noticed that the drop down box has reverted back to 12.1 and not 13.0 as it was saved yesterday... I therefore saved it again as 13.0 and then recompiled but still get the same info.plist error. If I leave the page and return its always set to 12.1 so maybe something to do with this @adent42 ?

@gingagaming ack. i may have removed the saving code for that field since we stopped supporting setting it. let me just make it default to the right value depending on which thing you click, i'll let you know here when it's fixed.

• robinsonaj1762robinsonaj1762 Member Posts: 4

Hello everyone, I am new to Gamesalad and need help. I have a time factor applied to my game, in the gamesalad creator the funtion I assigned from the attribute change to Time works well for me. He stops at each end of the game stages, moves on to the next, and continues the count. Just as I wanted.
    But I export in html5 and time doesn't stop. Keep moving forward- I don't understand what's going on.
    The other thing is that I need to generate a score ranking ... Can you help me please?

New update out. Despite putting it out as an RC, we found a couple of small issues. It's a pretty big update so we thought it would be better to get it out there for testing. We'll have another build out tomorrow we think.

Hey everyone. In deploying the RC, we accidentally broke normal publishing. Everything should be good again.

New RC. Minor code fixes and fixing the IronSrc flag. Eventually we'll let users edit the flag like GDRP, but for now it's off, so your ad networks can't sell user info.

• greglevygreglevy Member, PRO Posts: 85

Hi

Where do I download the new RC?

Thanks

Greg

I think this is a RC on the server side of things (binaries for publishing). So you just upload your app and generate using the RC button.

• greglevygreglevy Member, PRO Posts: 85

Thanks

Greg

• TechnaturallyTechnaturally Member, PRO Posts: 31

@adent42 - is AdMob disabled in the Build RC option for iOS currently? It was working but now it's not. The same exact project using 'Generate App' displays AdMob test reward ads no problem, but when rebuilt using Build RC they fail to show (tested many times, I can switch back and forth between 'Generate App' and 'Build RC' to consistently reproduce the behaviour.

On iPhone SE, iOS 13.3.1

It would be great to have AdMob ads working properly as well as all the latest features/fixes in the RC as soon as possible, since I'm looking to release an update to my game very soon.

Thanks.

@Technaturally that may be a bug, we're moving to the newest SDK and there are some changes that were unexpected. I'll do some extra testing. (I tested banner ads and they seemed to work so I moved on).

@Technaturally there will be an Admob fix release tonight. It's because Xcode hates me. Check back tomorrow!

Sorry it's still not out yet!

I had to upgrade Xcode which caused another problem. The problem has been resolved, but we're still working to QA/verify the new build.

@adent42 Hey I've been getting some reports of iPad 7th gen (10.2") launching with a red image. The other iPad's and devices are fine and are using our launch image we've added in publishing. Any reason this might be happening you can think of?

Can you send me the link to the publishing page for the item?

The current RC will show black instead of read, but I'm curious what files are missing.

@AlchimiaStudios FYI the red is the default background I used to make it obvious that an image was missing in my testing. What's happening is none of the loading images match the current configuration, so it's showing red. The new RC will show black if an image is missing, but is also less susceptible to missing images because we'll only be using two images and scaling appropriately via the Storyboard.

• squirrel42squirrel42 Member, PRO Posts: 195

@adent42 IronSource was working for me but now is not, has anything changes in the publishing binary?

Did you recently push with RC on iOS? If you did, then yes we've updated to the latest IronSrc. If you're on Android, no change. There's a known issue with Admob on the current iOS RC, but IronSrc worked when last I checked.

• TechnaturallyTechnaturally Member, PRO Posts: 31

Thanks for the fix, I just used the new Build RC release and Admob is working again. Cheers.