GameSalad Template Import?

So I want to purchase a much needed template for GameSalad. However, I do not see any documentation on how to import a template into a current game ( neither on the publishers site nor here ). Is this possible? or will everything have to manually copied into the correct project?

Thanks.

Comments

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922
    Buy DBA's project merger app. Just search for deep blue apps on google.
  • olivex81olivex81 Member Posts: 8
    seems like it would be a basic function.
    It's not which is why DBA made the app. I own it and it works great.
  • RPRP Member Posts: 1,990
    You are in for more suprises when you go with the "basic" copy paste method.
  • sparkaniasparkania Member, PRO Posts: 300
    edited December 2012
    so after Buying a template, you have to Buy an importer for templates sold here at gamesalad?

I just bought a template and I cannot use it. it does not have a project file
    That's what a template is a project file so not sure what you mean. The template should be a gamesalad file. The person was asking about merging a template into an existing project.
    well, my comment was a bit to quick. I later read about it being for Merging stuff..

But I am still stuck, I bought the Racerz template, but there is not a .gsproj file in it.. did I miss something? it does not seem possible to import that. and the Dashboard does not show it even though I have completed the purchase.. I guess I was expecting a Template sold in the GS marketplace to be able to be Opened in GS..
  • UtopianGamesUtopianGames Member Posts: 5,692
    @sparkania just sent you a pm but looks like Wayne is sorting you out :)

Darren.
  • PixelMetalPixelMetal Member Posts: 283
    seems like it would be a basic function.
    It should be.

• wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300
    Hi, seems we are communicating via mail too Tim.

OK, we understand what might be happening now... You purchased the template from the GS MARKETPLACE? If this is so, then the PC version came out AFTER that template was uploaded to the Marketplace.

We do have a PC version, which Darren is preparing and sending to you.

The other point mention from @FryingBaconStudios was, if you wanted to merge 2 or more projects together, we have a tool to help with this (the tool is Mac only at this time though).

Hope this helps
    Wayne
    wow.. ok.. well then before we go to far on this.
    I am running GS 0.10.00 (beta?) on a PC.
    Looking to learn from your game to create a overhead driving game (similar in function but totally different game) . If I can get the hang of GS, then I will go Pro and produce my app for Android.
    Thanks Wayne and Darren! Great helping me out. might want to add a note in the marketplace about the template version.

Thanks again!! Sorry for stomping on the thread.