Google Play and Leaderboards - status?

mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCSMember Posts: 634

Hello -

I seem to trip on the silliest of things re: GS.

I have searched on the topics of Google Play and Gamesalad, and mostly found Gingagaming's 2014 post on Google Play vs Amazon Game Circle, where in the thread it was mentioned that there was no compatibility with Google Play at that time, so Amazon Game Circle was the workaround for Android apps.

I ask: does this still apply? Or can I now implement leaderboards in my app via Google Play?

The reason I ask is because I went through the Google Play motions to establish a leaderboard, copied the leaderboard id to the app, and published, but the leaderboard does not come up in the app when I tap on the appropriate button.

Thanks, regards.

Comments

• MentalDonkeyGamesMentalDonkeyGames Member Posts: 1,276

Google Play leaderboards are not supported at the moment...

It´s been requested for a long time now, and we still do not have it implemented in GS. Witch, in my opinion, is kind of ridiculous, because it´s such a basic feature that it should´ve been implemented ages ago...

Here´s a link to the feature request
    bugs.gamesalad.com/show_bug.cgi?id=319

Mental Donkey Games
    Website - Facebook - Twitter

• mhedgesmhedges Raised on VCS Member Posts: 634

@NipaDidIt ,

Thanks for the reply. Well, there's my problem! :D I'll just have to go with the workaround solution.

• dragonking94dragonking94 Member Posts: 27

My license of gs pro is finished and I not renew because the google play services are not implemented. For my is very important because my android games aren't competitive in the market.