How much money can i earn?

Average amount of time my game is played in every day lets say 10 minutes.
How much money can I earn from a free game that gets downloaded 1000 times?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

• DuesDues Member Posts: 1,159

@Socks said:

That is nonsense! He will make much more!

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

@Socks said:

Give or take a few pence

• KevinCrossKevinCross London, UKMember Posts: 1,894

That question can't really be answered, especially not with only two parameters: 1000 downloads and 5 minutes play a day.

That would also depend on a number of factors including:

• type of ads
    • how much you get paid per ad
    • whether you get paid for ad impressions or ad click throughs
    • how often you show those ads
    • whether you have in app purchases and the price of those
    • are the in app purchases good value and worth paying for (not all 1000 people would be in app purchasers)
    • how many of the 1000 people still have the game installed (be surprised if it's a 100%)
    • how many of those that have it installed do actually play for 5 minutes every day (again I'd imagine that would be a very very very small percent, regardless of how good your game is)

There's probably a shed load more things to factor in.

• freneticzfreneticz SwedenMember, PRO Posts: 774

I would say.....between 0 and 1 million

• JSprojectJSproject Member Posts: 730

Every single person that I have ever seen asking a question like "how much money can I earn" on the forums has been struck with reality within a year or so (often much sooner than that) and then... silence. Maybe the OP will be the exception to this universal rule? ;)

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

One of my games was downloaded about 5,000 times and I made $3. You shouldn't expect those types of riches your first time out though.

@BazookaTime said:
    One of my games was downloaded about 5,000 times and I made $3. You shouldn't expect those types of riches your first time out though.

What did you do with all the money ? I'm guessing most of it all went on a baby giraffe ?

@Socks said:

@BazookaTime said:

What did you do with all the money ? I'm guessing most of it all went on a baby giraffe ?

lol :)

@Socks said:

@BazookaTime said:

Does it feed from the halfling on the right?

@Dues said:

That's BazookaTime's brother, he paid for him to have the change with the money left over from the giraffe.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited May 2016

@shahadat7517171 and @Socks

@BazookaTime said:

Aaahh! The most frequently asked question in this business.

How to you end up with a $1m from app development?

Start with $2m! :D

@Socks said:

@Dues said:

That's BazookaTime's brother, he paid for him to have the change with the money left over from the giraffe.

Ahh! But I was talking about the half woman even more to the right.

• dimsdaledimsdale Member, PRO Posts: 495

our first game made $500, second game made $20.

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440

@dimsdale said:
    our first game made $500, second game made $20.

This may sum it up in 1 sentence. You may think you have a hit on your hands and it may not sell as well vs your "quick game" may do all right....

• FranzKellerFranzKeller Member Posts: 517

The world is changing quickly, when people can't be bothered to buy a 99c game. ; - )
    ( Those NES cart games, they were quite pricey when new - and there were shortages! )

Most people use free / IAP / ads now, right?
    I guess I better "get with the program" ...

• Spalding004Spalding004 Member, BASIC Posts: 89

@FranzKeller said:
    The world is changing quickly, when people can't be bothered to buy a 99c game. ; - )
    ( Those NES cart games, they were quite pricey when new - and there were shortages! )

Most people use free / IAP / ads now, right?
    I guess I better "get with the program" ...

Except now there are ad-blockers out there, so now even ads aren't as helpful as they once were.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited June 2016

@Spalding004 adblockers did little to nothing to my ad revenue the normal user doesn't use them

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@BigDave said:
    @Spalding004 adblockers did little to nothing to my ad revenue the normal user doesn't use them

Huh! That's good to know. Thanks.

• HypnorabbitHypnorabbit SingaporeMember, PRO Posts: 263

Ran(0,1000000)

@Hypnorabbit said:
    Ran(0,1000000)

I like your optimism, a more accurate estimate for most people though (when taking various dev fees and licenses into account) is more in the ball park of USD: random(-399,-1000)

;)

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

Kirafu quit his job and has spent the last two years making Roll Turtle – and it's quite magnificent. I suspect he's not ordering his Ferrari just yet. He's also probably regretting quitting his job.

• NNterprisesNNterprises Member, PRO Posts: 387

A free game using only ads on Gplay or Apple will have a bunch of variables making it impossible to tell you a good answer.

For Amazon underground you get 0.002 for every minute people play your game. So 1000 users at 10 min EACH/ PER day is 20$ a day for amazon underground only
    (or 600 a month, or 7200 yearly)

Amazon underground is NO ads allowed and must be free to play so this will be your only revenue.

But yea the others are impossible to tell