Vote - NEW WINDOWS Project Merger for GameSalad™

fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565
edited March 2017 in Working with GS (PC)

So @gingagaming and Wayne from Deep Blue Ideas have done us a massive service by updating and rereleasing the Project Merger tool for Gamesalad. It makes project work so much easier by allowing you to fuse two different projects together. Something we all need when working with templates. Unfortunately, its only for Mac. Now, Gingagaming has stated they will gladly go through the process of creating a Windows version if there is a enough interest for it. So friends, Romans and Countrymen please express your excitement and need for this by voting below!

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

You should have an option:

Not interesteted, as I don't use Windows.

Just to have a balanced poll. If you select answers in such a way that it doesn't give a balanced perspective, the poll's worth is somewhat reduced.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@pHghost said:
    You should have an option:

Not interesteted, as I don't use Windows.

Just to have a balanced poll. If you select answers in such a way that it doesn't give a balanced perspective, the poll's worth is somewhat reduced.

I thought of it but figured my remit was to find general interest in it and not those disinterested. Therefore simply participating in the poll highlighted said interest so I phrased the questions to highlight the depth of that interest. I would have put just one option that simply said "yes" but I didn't think that was possible.

edited March 2017

I understand what you're getting at, but having four answers which all pretty much say yes, in various degrees, and not even one no -- if you are trying to show a developer there's interest to support this, by shutting out no, you might make them see this as biased and not take it seriously.

For example, what if there were more no answers than all the yes put together?

Also, you HAVE to vote to see the answers of others, so anyone who just wants to see the results will need to vote, most likely the last option, which is close to neutral, but still has a positive spin on it, giving you a false result to the poll.

If you don't want a no, at least a neutral "I don't care" would be good.

@pHghost said:
    Also, you HAVE to vote to see the answers of others

Actually, my bad, just noticed you can click a link next to the vote button which shows you the result without voting.

• wayneh001wayneh001 Member Posts: 300

@fmakawa I'll have a chat with @UtopianGames and @gingagaming re the feasibility for developing the Windows version. Testing the PC version is the most time consuming aspect of the development. But we'll keep you updated if we're able to proceed with the Windows version.

Would you be available to help test the PC version of the tool - and help create various use case / test files? If so PM me.

Cheers
    Wayne
    deepblueideas.com

@pHghost said:
    I understand what you're getting at, but having four answers which all pretty much say yes, in various degrees, and not even one no -- if you are trying to show a developer there's interest to support this, by shutting out no, you might make them see this as biased and not take it seriously.

For example, what if there were more no answers than all the yes put together?

Also, you HAVE to vote to see the answers of others, so anyone who just wants to see the results will need to vote, most likely the last option, which is close to neutral, but still has a positive spin on it, giving you a false result to the poll.

If you don't want a no, at least a neutral "I don't care" would be good.

Because there are always people who say no. Perhaps because they are catered to by the Mac edition or simply don't want it. When you make something you are catering to those who want it. So I am simply establishing if there is anyone who wants it.

@wayneh001 said:
    @fmakawa I'll have a chat with @UtopianGames and @gingagaming re the feasibility for developing the Windows version. Testing the PC version is the most time consuming aspect of the development. But we'll keep you updated if we're able to proceed with the Windows version.

Would you be available to help test the PC version of the tool - and help create various use case / test files? If so PM me.

Cheers
    Wayne
    deepblueideas.com

Gladly. Pmed !

• iraqiraqiraqiraq iraq baghdad , muslimMember Posts: 89

if you make the app gamesalad please upgrade the app make him can crop image from big image like unity

• ldrahcir@yahoo.comldrahcir@yahoo.com Member, PRO Posts: 4

man i need this right now... as i print and rebuild... make mistakes... waste time... pretty please with sugar on top...!

This is very unlikely to happen right now. Even the Mac version is not working 100% flawlessly and with the new Web Creator coming...

It was a great tool. A shame it's fading away...

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@pHghost said:
    This is very unlikely to happen right now. Even the Mac version is not working 100% flawlessly and with the new Web Creator coming...

Unfortunately with the new web version coming, we have decided to not support the software beyond Creator V1. Unfortunately the last update to the merger did not fully merge all files and whilst it works for most projects, we cannot guarantee the compatibility with the web version so the decision was made to withdraw the project merger completely and no longer support either Mac or Windows. This move is for the safety of all users who will make the move from Creator V1 to Web creator V2 as we cannot guarantee any compatibility when the switch happens sometime next year.

It was a great tool. A shame it's fading away...

I agree, All I can suggest is asking @adent42 to add a merger tool to the web version. If enough people request it, Im sure GameSalad will eventually listen and add it in the future.