Get Me Outta Here is Out Now!

2»

Comments

• supafly129supafly129 Member Posts: 454

Wow 4.5 Touch Arcade review from the notorious Dotson! Well deserved. Keeping my fingers crossed for a US feature this week :)

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440

Fingers crossed over here for a US feature...

• RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Member Posts: 659

Thanks everyone! Fun to see the features in all those countries. Not sure if we are going to make the US feature by the end of the week, but either way it has been great to see people enjoying the game. On top of the TA review they also gave us game of the week on Friday which was pretty rad! Thanks for the support everyone :)

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

This is in the mexican appstore, in the "new games we love" section. Congrats!

edited April 2017

Well it looks like we got passed up for a US front page feature. None the less, it was really cool to get featured in most other countries, get some great reviews and game of the week over at TA, and hear from all you guys here and on the TA forums. Really excited people have enjoyed the game so much. Thanks everyone in this community for the support!

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

I can't believe this didn't get a US feature, it is a great game and CM published it. I wonder how many downloads you missed out because of the lack of a US feature.

How was it working with the publisher?

@BazookaTime said:
    I can't believe this didn't get a US feature, it is a great game and CM published it. I wonder how many downloads you missed out because of the lack of a US feature.

Thanks. I'm not sure either. Without the US feature we hit 100k downloads, and a very small percentage of that was from the states. I've heard with the US feature it could have been like 5-7 times that for a free game.

@goliath said:
    How was it working with the publisher?

Our experience was very positive. Though I think it depends on the publisher. Not sure if we would have gotten featured in all those countries or as much coverage without the help.
    Though there are still things outside of the publishers hands. For example no one could predict the extremely busy launch week we were in.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

You even got mentioned on the TA best games of the month email. Surprised that didn't lead to more US downloads!

• kirafukirafu Member, PRO Posts: 314

I read TA best games of the month email, and saw this game, I thought, "I know this game! This is my friend made it!" congratulation!

Congrats on the TA email.. I hope that boosted sales. We would always like to hear some sales info even if you don't want to give specific numbers.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

This is great to see guys! - glad you got such a great response too! - will download and have a play tonight!

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 523
    edited May 2017

Hi @RossmanBrothersGames , if you can say it, I would like to know how it was to you the model of monetization of the game, that is to say that it worked to you more: the ads or the sale of the game eliminating the ads or the independent support? that is, which of these produced the highest % of sales?
    Thank you

@pHghost said:
    You even got mentioned on the TA best games of the month email. Surprised that didn't lead to more US downloads!

@kirafu said:
    I read TA best games of the month email, and saw this game, I thought, "I know this game! This is my friend made it!" congratulation!

@goliath said:
    Congrats on the TA email.. I hope that boosted sales. We would always like to hear some sales info even if you don't want to give specific numbers.

Thanks guys. Definitely the most encouraging thing was the reception we got from players and from Touch Arcade and Pocket Gamer. Both gave us pretty good reviews and had us in their best of the month for April. US downloads did go up a bit, it is now our biggest country where the UK and a few others were above it before as we got featured in other countries. With that, though we are encouraged, sales aren't anything for us to start doing this part time or something like that. No big deal, its really tough even for a good game to do well.

@CasualEvolution said:
    Hi @RossmanBrothersGames , if you can say it, I would like to know how it was to you the model of monetization of the game, that is to say that it worked to you more: the ads or the sale of the game eliminating the ads or the independent support? that is, which of these produced the highest % of sales?
    Thank you

While I can't give specifics since I am working with a publisher, I would say it seems it has been about half ads half IAP. The Indie Supporter IAP actually did pretty well percentage wise, which is cool to see that fans of the game responded with wanting to support it. We never really got a very good eCPM from Chartboost. It was high during the testing portion then once the game went live it dropped down. Unfortunate that Gamesalad doesn't have much competition for Reward video ads. As other ad agencies will contact you offering better percentages.

Anyway, thanks everyone for playing.