GameSalad

State of GameSalad on 7-19-2017 (Web Version Semi-open Beta)

1234568»

Comments

• ToqueToque Posts: 990Member, PRO

@JamesD said:

@Toque said:

Have you tried the gamesalad Creator on your desktop?

Yes (for windows, don't have mac) and for the most part it's slow and constantly crashes.

Gamesalad used to crash a lot but it has been really stable for a long time. I’m not sure why your windows machine is having problems with it. Im a mac guy.

That would be very frustrating.

edited November 10

I'm just wondering if there is a future for GameSalad as standalone application, I've not really got a specific question, I just like to know what's happening in a general.

I can only assume once the webtool is finished then they will kill creator support. It won’t take long and it will be obsolete. Be an App store or xcode update or operating system update.

I joined GS to make games. But I stayed because of the forums. Bunch of lunatics. But they make it a lot of fun!!

• pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,059Member

@DigiChain said:
    Well with need for updates to support iPhoneX, updates for Admob banner ad positioning required by November 20th, and the lack of progress on High Sierra support - it would seem GS creator is already in the process of being neglected / killed off right now.

I don't think the two are linked.

High Sierra support is crucial, and needs to come as soon as possible. I'm getting impatient having to wait with the update because of this issue.

Support for iPhone X, updating AdMob ad positioning don't need a Creator update, it's a backend thing when they generate a binary on their server.

• DigiChainDigiChain Posts: 1,145Member, PRO

@pHghost said:
    Support for iPhone X, updating AdMob ad positioning don't need a Creator update, it's a backend thing when they generate a binary on their server.

Yes, I think you're correct there.
    Even so, we've had no indication that they're working on sorting these issues.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,059Member

Yes, that's true. There's been no indication on anything at all.

• Machinist+AppsMachinist Apps Posts: 45Member, PRO

I get more & more nervous every time I read these posts. I'm an Independent app developer as I'm sure many of you are. I have a Machinist calculator app that I started in 2015 and have spent around 2000 hours on. It does ok but not good enough to quit my real job.

I tried to import my app into the new online creator with no luck. I get a message saying "Syncing project with Server". Since my main app has 37 scenes and 127 actors I tried one of my simpler apps which has only one scene. It loaded no problem but my actors are all plagued with errors. One actor alone has 27 errors. I can't afford to start over. Can I/we count on GameSalad to get importing working for all users?

Thanks- Shane

@Machinist Apps said:
    I get more & more nervous every time I read these posts. I'm an Independent app developer as I'm sure many of you are. I have a Machinist calculator app that I started in 2015 and have spent around 2000 hours on. It does ok but not good enough to quit my real job.

I tried to import my app into the new online creator with no luck. I get a message saying "Syncing project with Server". Since my main app has 37 scenes and 127 actors I tried one of my simpler apps which has only one scene. It loaded no problem but my actors are all plagued with errors. One actor alone has 27 errors. I can't afford to start over. Can I/we count on GameSalad to get importing working for all users?

Thanks- Shane

WebGS is not finished at all. I played with it but I would never use it yet. Stick with creator for now.

• zzap64zzap64 Posts: 400Member, PRO
    edited November 13

Yep, mine is up for renewal and I'm seriously considering leaving, very sad times.

1234568»