Best Ad service to use

Hi GS community,

Just wondering which Ad service to use in GS for a Horizontal banner thats always displayed ?
(I'm a complete Ad rookie)
Many Thanks.

Best Answer

• pHghostpHghost London, UKPosts: 2,342
    Accepted Answer

For banners, I would suggest AdMob.

Answers

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@zzap64 said:
    Hi GS community,

Just wondering which Ad service to use in GS for a Horizontal banner thats always displayed ?
    (I'm a complete Ad rookie)
    Many Thanks.

PS - Lovin' the handle @zzap64 ! - Welcome! - a fellow C64 veteran? - Many happy memories coding and playing games on my C64, and if you're still retro-minded, maybe take a look at one of my free apps, Retro Snippets Challenge! - it's a different kind of Retrogaming quiz - you might like it!... :wink:

• zzap64zzap64 Member Posts: 405

Hey thanks for the replies.

@Japster , yeah..I worked at Activision & developed Cassette/disc games back in the late 80's,still a big fan of that era. Check out From bedrooms to Billions - Amiga years, great documentary.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited January 2018

@zzap64 said:
    Hey thanks for the replies.

@Japster , yeah..I worked at Activision & developed Cassette/disc games back in the late 80's,still a big fan of that era. Check out From bedrooms to Billions - Amiga years, great documentary.

That's fantastic! - an insider/legend from the golden era!

I actually supplied perks for the B2B original campaign! - Anthony kindly gave me a couple of awesome Oli Frey signed posters and the deluxe Blu-Ray set.... :smiley: I'll have to grab the Amiga years too - missed it originally as have been too busy... :(

Ps - We nearly managed to release a C64 game - 'Defector', it's a flick screen adventure now on Games That Weren't, but we kinda missed the boat... :smile: (Yeah, I always loved developing games!)

Take care - and great to meet a fellow C64 ex-coder here of all places, let alone from such an illustrious 80's legend!

hehe, not sure about being an 80's legend but I do have a few grey hairs now :)

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I use admob

Atari 2600–-colecovision—-Vic 20- —adam computer- —Apple ii clone—- amiga 500

Your my new best friend.

Nice, started off using a Commodore Pet at school and remember watching the seniors playing Elite on the BBC B computer and was completely amazed. MY first home computer was the Vic 20 playing the Scott Adams adventures & international soccer via cart.