GameSalad

Is GameSalad a viable choice again?

Hi Guys,

My niece is having some trouble using Unity due to the complex menu structure so I'm thinking of re introducing her to GS, the issue is last I used GS it was FULL of bugs and issues that had been there months with no sign of being fixed not to mention lacking in basic features of a 2d game engine.

I suppose I'm looking to get a sense if this has changed enough to recommend GS to her, though I don't want to recommend a tool that's broken or one she wont be able to monetize effectively.

Which statement would you most agree with

(site currently under construction)

Is GameSalad a viable choice again? 8 votes

GS is once again a viable choice for commercial projects and has no major issues
0%
GS is ok but for commercial projects bus has some minor issues
37%
AlchimiaStudioswolala123Japster 3 votes
GS can be used for commercial but still has mojor issues
25%
RowdyPantsTwayne2 2 votes
GS has issues with being able to monetize your app
0%
I would not recomend using GS for a commercial project
0%
GS is still missing basic features of a 2d game engine and shows no signs of improving
37%
diogoredinTriangularity Gamesjoseaugusto 3 votes
ABANDON SHIP!!!!
0%

Comments

• -Timo--Timo- Posts: 2,313Member

Let's just say this. I am glad I worked with gamesalad for a few years but also really glad I moved on to different software (with real programming)

• Twayne2Twayne2 Posts: 153Member, PRO
    edited June 12
    GS can be used for commercial but still has mojor issues

I would have voted the first but appently there are bugs with ads or somethingl ike that going on right now. Personally, I love Gamesalad and have no issues with it except it really can't do multiplayer and really not 3-d. Otherwise, there is almost no feat I feel like I can't accomplish. All I have to do is stick with a problem figure out a solution. :smile:
    Well, there are probably a lot of things I can't do, but still there are a lot more things I can do. :smile: What bugs are you concerned about?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,357Member, BASIC

@adent42 As you may have noticed, I'm always shooting for something too! B)