Two small requests from Apple ...

CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Hi @adent42 @ForumNinja I was lucky enough to talk to people from Apple and show them the game that I'm working on and it's almost ready.
They made several comments to me, but there are 2 that I can not solve and I think that these maybe would be very simple to implement for you
1- the loading wheel, in iPhone X falls on the safe area, they asked me to lift it a little, it would be great if we could modify the position of this
2- In my game I use the vibration every time I lose a life, they told me that it is very strong. Then I told them that I colud remove it, but they insisted that it is not bad to have it, only that it has to be softer and that in your API this can be controlled. It would be great to have a parameter to control the strength of the buzz.

I know you have many things to do, but these points seem simple to implement and maybe you can consider them for the next update.

Thank you

Comments

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

+1 that would be great.

especially loading wheel position @adent42

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

@unbeatenpixel said:
    +1 that would be great.

especially loading wheel position @adent42

Agreed.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

Buzz strength isn't easy since it's a tool change, but tomorrow's RC build will have a shifted loading wheel.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

@CasualEvolution try generating your app with "Build RC". Hopefully the loading wheel is in a better spot for you.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

Also @CasualEvolution could you send a screenshot of the screen with loading wheel? If it is right, I want to update my games too.

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Hi @adent42 and @unbeatenpixel sorry, but I do not have an iphone X, the comment was made to me by Apple but I have not seen what it looks like on that phone. What I can do is export a new build and on Monday send them back a testflight and ask them to tell me how they see it now and if they can send me a screen capture even better, but hey, I can not guarantee that I'll get it :)

edited June 2018

@Adent42 I keep trying "Build RC" to test the loading wheel on my iPhoneX but it says "The version of GameSalad used to create this project is not supported. Please download the latest version."

I'm using 1.25.92 to publish and build.

Am I missing something?

Actually, the publishing/portfolio page shows my build is 1.25.91 but my GS shows 1.25.92.

I've reinstalled directly from the downloads and tried doing updates and the creator tells me it is 1.25.92. Tried republishing and it still shows 1.25.91.... with same publishing error.

Not sure what's going on.

• paulkerrypaulkerry Member, PRO Posts: 25

having the same issue "The version of GameSalad used to create this project is not supported. Please download the latest version." in 2020

Can someone from GameSalad please fix the generate button for iOS. it just doesn't work.

@paulkerry could you DM me the publishing URL. I think i know what's up and if it's what I suspect it is, you can generate fine with the RC. This RC is looking good, so if that's the case, we'll be able to push it to mainline sometime next week.