GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Calling all would-be Sous Chefs and Line Cooks!

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
edited January 2012 in News from the Dev Team
Making a GameSalad is tougher than it sounds - and sometimes we need a little extra help in the kitchen to make sure the we get everything just right. The GameSalad team is looking for a few good chefs - (and cooks!) to bolster our already significant crew of dedicated folks who help make GameSalad great. We'll be reviewing applications throughout the coming weeks for both Sous Chef's and Line Cooks.

NOTE: Sous Chefs and Line Cooks are voluntary users who are granted early access to release candidates in exchange for feedback. Sous Chefs are also granted expanded privileges in the GameSalad forums. This is not an official company position or employed position in any way. Those applicants who are invited to join the ranks of Sous Chefs or Line Cooks will be asked to agree to the terms of our Pre-Release Tester Agreement and our standard Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Apply to become a GameSalad Sous Chef and/or Line Cook here: http://gamesalad.com/about-page/lc-application !

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member
    Hey @SaladStraightShooter ... This is great news :) Should get more hands on deck during testing phases and hopefully see more stable builds ... Just as a heads up, your link doesn't work ... You need to remove the '!' at the end
  • IsabelleKIsabelleK Posts: 2,807Member, Sous Chef
    That's cool :) I'm a Line Cook, but maybe I will get a promotion to Sous Chef :)
  • uptimistikuptimistik Trinidad and TobagoPosts: 3,597Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Line cook here too! Won't mind the bump up! ;p

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    Fixed it - note to self, push the exclamation point AWAY from the link next time... :D

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• ultimaultima Posts: 1,204Member, PRO
    edited January 2012
    what is the difference between gs sous and lc?
    Line Cook gets the pre-releases without the Forum Mod. privileges.

• ultimaultima Posts: 1,204Member, PRO
    pre-release sounds nice, plus the ability to voice out concern also sounds good.
  • SharkawyDevSharkawyDev Posts: 225Member
    that's a very good news and a chance to support GameSalad and the community
  • micksolomicksolo Posts: 264Member
    I'm trying to apply but when I get to 25% pressing next just times out?
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Posts: 3,190Member
    edited January 2012
    @SSS

the year age limit sucks...
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member
    I've completed the application. Let's see if I can merge GS with real life (I'm already a sous chef there) :-)
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Posts: 646Member
    edited January 2012
    I would be Line Cook. I hope i get Line-cook, i love the GS-Comminuty so much and it would be nice to test version for others. GS is so great :)

Cheers
    ---
    Benjamin
  • StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomPosts: 3,987Member
    cool..more people to chat with in our secret society...

Obviously you have to walk over a long line of hot coals, drink the juice of mouse and do some chanting... but after that you can edit posts woo hoo!!
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,904Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm surprised leonarddeveloper hasn't posted yet..lol. He's been lobbying to be a sous. :) only teasing Leonard.
  • Rob2Rob2 Posts: 2,402Member
    @Benjamin @uptimistik @TheMoonwalls I didn't even realise line cooks existed - how did you guys become line cooks ?
    @Rob2, Yodapollo called me on Skype, early 2011 :)
  • Rob2Rob2 Posts: 2,402Member
    much appreciated thanx m8 :)
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @All - Calvin makes a good point. Those interested in becoming a sous chef/line cook must be of legal age in order to agree to the terms of the pre-release and non-disclosure agreements.

@SSS

why can't we just let us parents to sign it?
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    @Calvin9403 - The person entering into the agreement has to be of legal age to be bound to those terms and agreements. If you got a pre-release of the software, and went off and posted about it somewhere, and let out information they didn't want let out at that time, they have no recourse to take against a minor, and you would basically get away with murder.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

And BTW, if you get pre-release and tell anybody about it, you will get so big financial penalty, that you will be homeless :P

guess I have to wait 3 more years!
  • ckck Posts: 224Member
    NDAs aren't worth the paper they're written on - particularly in this context.
    edited January 2012
    Actually, CK, NDA's in this case are taken extremely - and legally - serious - hence why we require you be of legal age to fully acknowledge possible repercussions in the event of a breach of the agreement.

Regardless, this thread is bleeding a bit off topic - let's try to keep the discussion on becoming a sous chef/line cook. If you have further questions or concerns, feel free to hit me up via PM.

• POMPOM Posts: 2,599Member
    edited January 2012
    It will be my honor to be a chef , Ive applied ..
    Fingers crossed :D

Roy.
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    edited January 2012
    @SaladstraightShooter
    This is extremely exciting news!, I relay want to be a sous chef!, unfortunately the survey didn't have any "Why you want to be a sous chef" or anything box so i dint get to talk about my GameSalad Tutorials site! ;)
    ---------
    Have a look at my GS Tutorials
    Leonard, you're over 18??? Had no idea...

• JamieOneilJamieOneil Posts: 877Member
    hm, not sure about me.
    I share this account with my Brother (Jamie). And im 18, but he is not. Could i still do this, even though its not just me that uses this account ?
  • JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Posts: 6,256Member
    @ JamieOneil

For obvious reasons, if your a sous chef you cant let any one else have access to your account.
  • gamedivisiongamedivision Posts: 807Member
    edited January 2012
    wow they'll be more sous than users,i can see whats gona happen,sous will be arguing who's gona close what post.
    i'd love to be a tester but i havent released a title yet,never mind
This discussion has been closed.