GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Issue notice: Blurry device icons, etc.

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
edited January 2012 in News from the Dev Team
Hello all!

Recently the community began to report issues regarding device icons appearing blurry after publishing, as well as other similar problems. Thanks in large part to the community's feedback and reports on this issue, we have identified the cause and are currently working on a resolution. This fix will be implemented and including in a soon to arrive Hotfix, or within the upcoming release at the earliest. We apologize if this issue has negatively impacted your work, and thank you for your patience while we resolve it.

Cheers,
-SSS

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Posts: 2,807Member, Sous Chef
    Thanks SSS!
    Any updates about problems with publishing huge projects?
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    edited January 2012
    Glad this is now a known issue.. I was going crazy wondering if it was something I was doing wrong.

Btw, whatever 'hotfix' you guys issued also brought back the incredible lag when using GameSalad for more than a couple minutes. How this stuff keeps seeping back in to the builds is beyond me... :\

I would suggest you re-fix the Icon Issue again via the 'hotfix', as some of us have builds we want to send to Apple. I don't want to have to risk downloading a new version of the client just to do so. Especially with how reliable that's been as of late. I can ill afford any more lost time.
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Posts: 361Member, PRO
    edited January 2012
    Ok I'm a bit confused about this. I, along with several other devs, including Gamesalad itself, have released apps earlier this year and late last year all with the most recent build of GS and the icons were fine, but now in the past week or so the icons have become blurry. So wouldn't this just be a Gamesalad server issue that could be fixed like right now without the need for a patch, hotfix or new version of the software? I'm just trying to release my game before a large portion of the gamer community focuses all their handheld attention to the PS Vita for a month or so, but this minor but major issue is holding me back. Thanks for acknowledging the problem though.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• StormyStudioStormyStudio United KingdomPosts: 3,987Member
    Great to know is a GS problem at not my own...

I'd written it down as a 'thing to fix before release' in my list of err... 'things to fix before the release'...

So very pleased to know, I don't need to spend time looking into it...and instead can focus my energy on the other 10,000 other tweaks I'd like to implement.
  • nickb5552nickb5552 Posts: 452Member
    Thanks For All Your Help Team! Glad Its Not Just Me Hope The Fix Comes Soon! Thanks For The Help!
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    An update in case you folks missed it - this fix was included in the latest release, 0.9.90. Cheers!

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

This discussion has been closed.