GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about In App Purchase Restore Item Action .. And some gremlins

POMPOM Posts: 2,599Member
edited January 2012 in Working with GS (Mac)
Hey ,
So i want to add the option to "In App Purchase Restore Item" in the menu
I have some questions about how this works , I have 11 "none-ccunsumable" possible purchases - so that means 11 booleans .

Now lets say the player made 2 purchases and then deletes the game and reinstall , so obviously he will want to restore those 2 purchases ,
In this button ( "In App Purchase Restore Item" ) i have set it to restore all 11 optional purchases once pressed,
what will happen if the player press it? will it restore only the 2 purchases he made and ignore the rest 9 automatically ?
Will a pop up display to tell him that only 2 out of 9 has been restored?

And then , does it saves automatically the attribute with the "table" key like its doing in a normal purchase?

Thanks in advanced
Roy.

Comments

• GameTeamOneGameTeamOne Posts: 88Member, PRO
    For Restoring, what should happen is communication opens up with Apple, similar to a purchasing event. If you only bought 2 of 11 items, only those 2 will be unlocked with the other 9 being ignored since Apple's database will know you have not purchased them. No additional messaging should be seen.

Then, any unlocked goods will be saved automatically like a purchase event. It is still best practice to include a LOAD ATTRIBUTE behavior in your initial scene associated with your purchases.

And as you may have guessed, consumables cannot be restored.
  • POMPOM Posts: 2,599Member
    edited January 2012
    Thank you very much, i think you guys should add these answers to the tutorial cause i understood everything from it (its very informative) except what i asked.
    I think my game is ready for submission to apple with IAP now , ill run a few sandbox tests and upload ;)

Roy.
This discussion has been closed.