GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertising on the Forum (Amended)

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
Hello all!

There has been a fair amount of discussion lately regarding GameSalad's stance regarding advertising on the forums. I wanted to take a moment clarify the forum rules regarding this, as well as make some amendments to the previous rules that were in place.

Advertising:

• If you're offering free items, by all means do so - there is absolutely no restriction to sharing a free template, artwork, sounds, etc. This is at your discretion!
  •  
  • Requesting ideas for artwork and sound packs that appeal to the community, to be created and sold on the main Marketplace. This one is an important change to note. Previously no advertising was allowed on the forum, including idea gathering. The assumption based on this was that a user could use this as a way to circumvent the Marketplace and the forum rules to sell via email or private messaging. Obviously this one was a bit more oversight than was necessary - we encourage you to offer your items for sale on the marketplace so they reach a broader audience - and posts presented in a manner where it's clear you're looking for ideas are completely safe. (However, please refrain from including your email in these posts or discussing prices.)
  •  
  • Advertising your website where you sell your personal templates - this rule returns to its previous stance - no advertisements of personal websites outside of the "Third Party Links" thread or an unobtrusive link in your signature. (no images, please)
  •  
  • Announcing a new template you created for sale - (amended) After gauging community feedback on this point, announcing templates for sale is no longer allowed. Free templates can still be announced, as in the first point. Note that announcing your latest game/app does not fall under this rule.
  •  
  • Announcing your new game/application - rules regarding this remain the same. Please refrain from posting prices - a simple "Available now on the appstore" is sufficient.
  •  
  • Advertising third party software (specifically tools not related to GameSalad functionality, or competitor software), or websites not specifically related to GameSalad are not allowed. We appreciate that you wish to share some of these programs with the community, but the GameSalad forum is not an appropriate venue.
  •  
  • Advertising games/applications not made with GameSalad - We understand that GameSalad may not be the only tool our developers use in the marketplace, but if you don't even use GameSalad to develop, please don't post these items on the forum to advertise.
  •  
  • Advertising a competitor - this is strictly not allowed. Discussion regarding a competitor is fine, but do not include links or pricing.
  •  
  • Advertising game promotional services - this is strictly not allowed. More often than not services of these type have proven to be dubious at best and of limited use to the community - legitimate promotional services can be found elsewhere.
  •  
  • Discussing costs, competitor pricing, purchase prices or rates - this is strictly not allowed. Discuss any of these terms via private message or email exchange.
I hope this helps to clarify things, and as always please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,
-SSS

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    Update: Amended sections of the rules for clarity.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited April 2012
    Update:

With the creation of the "Services" section, please abide by the above rules when creating a post. Including contact information is allowed in this section, at your discretion. The following additional points apply to this section:
    • Artists must provide a watermarked art sample or link to a portfolio in order to promote their services. Music/Sound providers can provide this if at all possible. Failure to include a sample of your work (if an artist) will result in the thread being closed.
    • These services categories are not to be utilized for promotional services of any kind, as in the above rules.
    • Anyone found to be utilizing stolen/copyrighted/or other protected works will be removed from the section. Please flag accordingly.
    • Spamming your service/requests will result in your removal from the category.
    • Please try to minimize discussions in this section regarding costs/fees/rates. Please utilize private messaging/email for in-depth business discussions.
    GameSalad does not endorse the use of any third-party services and will not intervene in payment disputes, conflicts, or any other issues resulting from utilizing these services. Use the services at your own risk.

Please utilize the "FLAG" feature accordingly if a member violates the above!

Additional amendment:
    • Signatures must remain at the default font size to be allowed - larger fonts skew html and are distracting.
    • No images are allowed in signatures - these have proven to be distracting.
    • Signatures are not to be treated as paid advertising space for sites you are unaffiliated with.
    If you have any questions, please let me know!

This discussion has been closed.