GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad 0.9.91 is here! Introducing Kiip, Playhaven and Custom Splash Screens for All!

Comments

• LujeinStudiosLujeinStudios Posts: 4Member
    @SaladStraightShooter
    i like how you edit my comment very fast LOL LOL
    PM me if i helped you guys :D
  • dalnokidalnoki Posts: 27Member
    I'm a pro member, my playhaven supported game now out, where can I find the statistics? The request/impressions/download/revenue etc...?
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    Is there any word on an update guys? I'd like to use the 0.9.91 to publish, but I'm not too keen on risking a smushed splash screen.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @RacetotheMoon - better update on that shortly. :)

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited February 2012
    @RacetotheMoon, @Tshirtbooth, @All - fix is live for the splash screen issue (wherein the splash screen flips and squishes). In addition, the issue regarding Kiip in which Kiip was not properly pausing during rewards has also been fixed.

*EDIT: "pushed" did have negative connotations - clarified. :)

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    @SaladStraightShooter. Forgive my ignorance, but that does that mean it's a part of 0.9.91, without having to download anything, and is now available for us to make builds with? Or does that mean that it's now in testing and once it's through that part 0.9.91+ will be issued for download?

Either way, thanks for the heads up!
    edited February 2012
    @RacetotheMoon - it's in the publishing binaries, which means it's part of the publishing process and will be included in a publishing attempt. :)

• jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,377Member, Sous Chef
    When you said pushed I thought you meant delayed. Good to know its out there.
  • squirrel42squirrel42 Posts: 171Member, PRO
    Has this fixed the squashed splash for anyone, still not working for me...?
    edited February 2012
    @squirrel42 - did you re-publish your application since the fix was made available yesterday?

• squirrel42squirrel42 Posts: 171Member, PRO
    @SSS Several times yes...
  • butterbeanbutterbean Posts: 4,315Member, PRO
    @SSS: I also wanted to say that the interpolate bug is still present for Android games (apologies if this has already been brought to your attention)

I sent over my project, as well as the apk file to Rob on this, please let me know if there will be an update for this. I thought this issue had been resolved prior to the new version of GS.
  • CloudsClouds Posts: 1,599Member
    Interpolate is still screwed up for iOS games too.
  • HoneyTribeStudiosHoneyTribeStudios Posts: 1,792Member
    Yeah, the splash bug is still there for iPad. Wondering if I should pull a binary I uploaded or just leave it.

Give me a buzz if you need some original music in your games.

• floydianspiralfloydianspiral Posts: 308Member, PRO
    I'm in the exact same boat @HTS...except I cannot wait because I want it to be live for GDC next week! Gah
  • CreativeRightCreativeRight Posts: 11Member, PRO
    edited March 2012
    @CreativeRight - would you please contact support and forward them the information regarding your denial from Apple so we can investigate. We've received no reports from other users utilizing Playhaven who've already published, so this is curious, especially given the quantities of apps we've seen published.
    I ended up removing Playhaven, I was not about to risk it again...

(Edited by SSS)
  • MotherHooseMotherHoose Posts: 2,456Member
    Bless Apple … =D>
    my sentiments exactly:
    "People use your application to get things done or to be entertained; they don't want to feel as if they're being forced to watch an advertisement."

@CreativeRight … Sorry you had to be the one to suffer the 1st blow … but do thank you for sharing with us!

Companies like PlayHaven are going to be scrambling =))
    because think the "no thanks" will be next thing to go!

I am not glad that GS lost this moneyMaking option … though doubt if it would have generated much revenue …
    I sincerely want GS to be highly successful at financially viable … but IMO… PH or other third party partnerships are not going to work-out well.

@};- MH
    @CreativeRight - please forward the screenshots I had to remove from your post to support so that we may investigate properly. Thank you!

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,906Member
    @sss what was the violation that caused removal of those images?
    edited March 2012
    @FryingBaconStudios - no violation - in this case the information was sensitive and we need time to review and investigate.

Edit: Please note that in any investigation there are privacy concerns that we must abide by. You're welcome to disagree, but this is necessary.

Also note flagging my posts as "Abuse" is utilizing this system improperly.

@SSS I selected disagree and did not use the flagging system as I only flag and/or report spam. Is this new system at the bottom now the official flagging system for spam et... And if so, is that what disagree is? A flag to inappropriate content or merely a reference to one's opinion? If it is the latter, I reserve my right to my opinion and if it's the former forgive my ignorance as to what the official capacity of that button is.
    @FryingBaconStudios - someone used the "Flag" option to flag my initial post as "Abuse". (there were previously two options, Spam and Abuse - I've disabled "abuse"). The other options are open season, and that part you may use however you see fit. Sorry for the confusion - didn't intend that part of my comment to be aimed at you.

@SSS No problem. I may be opinionated, as you know but I do adhere to the forum rules so just making sure.
    no! I did that @SSS … thought your post was an Abuse of Privileges … and IMO it is proper to utilize the system to point this out.

why do screenshots need to be removed for review and investigation?
    the images were clear and pristine …

yes the information was sensitive:
    -Denotation of sensitive: quick to detect or respond to … from feel

or perhaps that was meant … as the derivative definition?
    -one of the connotation of sensitive: kept secret or with restrictions on disclosure

I want to respect GS's privacy … but the screenshots were also sensitive to member's issues.

I read this topic to find-out how this whole issue of Advertisement in our game will affect our relationship with Apple
    finally after 2 weeks …@CreativeRight … showed us with pictures …
    exactly what the running of a PH ad after our splashScreen will get us: … a 'rejection of app' …
    with a polite but rebuking notice!

I know that your days must be frantic and loaded with nasty surprises … what will we throw at you next?
    OMG … someone flagged you with abuse =))
    sorry … if that upset you … but the removal of the screenshots … really upset me!

I am really glad you are here for us @SSS

I send you a image

@};- MH
    @MotherHoose - I can respect that you feel this was an abuse of privelages - but in this situation it's important to obtain all the information on this issue as its content was sensitive to GameSalad and also involving proprietary information, and thus was not appropriate for general consumption, hence my initial request it be sent to support. It also, as indicated, does have implications of privacy concerns as we will need to discuss this further with original poster. Again, the forum is not appropriate to discuss a support matter, or a matter involving potential legalities.

I would ask that you respect that - as I would offer you the same level of discretion and professional handling of a matter in the event something were to occur to you or your business with GameSalad.

@MotherHoose - also please keep in mind that there have been a few hundred apps published with PlayHaven at this point in its current form with GameSalad, none of which were flagged similarly - which is why we need to investigate the inconsistency.

edited March 2012
    oh I understood all that … after I had vented with the flag!
    must learn to manage my anger/frustration more thoughtfully/reflectively

what can I say … I was born a redheaded Irish girl … and continue to have to learn my lessons
    and overcome my attributes behaviors.

@};- MH
  • hcchowhcchow Posts: 1Member
    Hi all,

Does it mean if I join the PRO membership, then I can have the option of switching OFF the GameSalad logo, turn off Gamehaven or Klip (or any other monetizing thingy), and there will be NO TRACE of them in my game when user download them from AppStore and play?

HCCHOW
    edited March 2012
    as of now:

Free = no GS logo (your own splashScreen/logo) … compulsory PlayHaven ad … PublishingPlatforms:  iOS iPhone, iPad, iPod, and web and Mac

Pro = no GS logo (your own splashScreen/logo) … ability to use/not use PlayHaven, Klip, iAd, iApp, url, GameCenter LeaderBoard, priority Tech Support, and PublishingPlatforms:  iOS iPhone, iPad, iPod, and web and Mac; plus Android

@};- MH
  • byteblorgbyteblorg Posts: 14Member
    I just got an app rejected today:

We found that your app requires customers to view advertisements prior to using it, which is inconsistent with the recommendations in the iOS Human Interface Guidelines. Complying with the iOS Human Interface Guidelines is required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

"People use your application to get things done or to be entertained; they don’t want to feel as if they’re being forced to watch an advertisement."

helpppppppp
This discussion has been closed.