GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GameSalad 0.9.91 is here! Introducing Kiip, Playhaven and Custom Splash Screens for All!

1101112131416»

Comments

• LiquidGameworksLiquidGameworks Anchorage, AKPosts: 956Member, Sous Chef
    @byteblorg Send in this information to GS support.
  • byteblorgbyteblorg Posts: 14Member
    thanks! have done so.sucks to be rejected due to an intro ad!
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    This thread is 16 pages long, and IMO I think that Playhaven has some issues, But there is no reason at all to be complaining about us.. as far as the consumer is concerned its a stupid ad.. they click no and move on... they not going to fling their iPhone on the ground and ring up the developer an scream into your here.. Well maybe @tynan but lets keep on topic..
    Its an ad.. Keep it civil..
  • kolabokolabo Posts: 240Member
    @LeonardDeveloper -I personally would be pretty upset if I bought an educational game for a young child, with uncontrollable, unrelated game ads (adult category) in it.
  • blackhatblackhat Posts: 1Member
    I think putting adds before playing the game is against [iOS Human Interface Guidelines]. Any body successfully publish a game with playhaven on app store??
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @blackhat - Multiple games have been published with Playhaven inside. We are currently investigating and discussing the latest guidelines pushed with iOS 5.1, however.

@kolabo - we've had Playhaven remove Adult themed/violent games from their ad circulation - while there may still be ads that cycle through from time to time that we are unaware of, we are actively paring down what Playhaven cycles as necessary. (including certain gambling apps, etc.)

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• kolabokolabo Posts: 240Member
    @SSS "we are actively paring down what Playhaven cycles as necessary. (including certain gambling apps, etc.)"
    Good Stuff!
    Keep negotiating.

• deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    I wonder what the ratio of pro vs. free subscribers is. GS needs to make money, so I understand the need to put ads in the free version. Maybe there just needs to be a 3rd option, one that removes the ads but doesn't allow you to monetize the game. Maybe the free version shouldn't allow you to monetize either (IMHO)
  • mtinglemtingle Posts: 41Member
    This thread is 16 pages long, and IMO I think that Playhaven has some issues, But there is no reason at all to be complaining about us.. as far as the consumer is concerned its a stupid ad.. they click no and move on... they not going to fling their iPhone on the ground and ring up the developer an scream into your here.. Well maybe @tynan but lets keep on topic..
    Its an ad.. Keep it civil..
    This from the person who did a 180 u-turn on this subject just because 't-shirt booth' thought differently. If T-shirt has a change of heart are we going to see you swing all the way round on this subject again Leonard developer?
  • LeonardDeveloperLeonardDeveloper Posts: 4,630Member
    @mtingle
    Personally, I don't like your attitude to think I just follow everyone else's opinion, I personally have considered and changed my mind, I have not taken a "U-Turn" anyway I do think this thread is for discussing the matter not trying to contradict me... Keep on subject please..
  • micksolomicksolo Posts: 264Member
    Maybe a good idea would be to make Playhaven and Kiip available in the free version of GS, BUT when the dev reaches $500 in revenues that is used to upgrade their account to PRO. Everyone wins.
  • micksolomicksolo Posts: 264Member
    BTW what's happening with the reports for Kiip and Playhaven? My game has been out over a month with both of them, I'd like to be able to check out the stats so I can see if its worthwhile biz model for future games.
  • OmenaboOmenabo Posts: 121Member
    edited March 2012
    I wonder what the ratio of pro vs. free subscribers is. GS needs to make money, so I understand the need to put ads in the free version. Maybe there just needs to be a 3rd option, one that removes the ads but doesn't allow you to monetize the game. Maybe the free version shouldn't allow you to monetize either (IMHO)
    It won't work. I think most people here would not even use Gamesalad, if it would not allow monetization of their apps.

Also, my app update got rejected bacause of Playhaven. First update with it went through Apple's review process, but this time it did not.

• I just got an app rejected today:

We found that your app requires customers to view advertisements prior to using it, which is inconsistent with the recommendations in the iOS Human Interface Guidelines. Complying with the iOS Human Interface Guidelines is required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

"People use your application to get things done or to be entertained; they don’t want to feel as if they’re being forced to watch an advertisement."

helpppppppp
    So, I finally decided to design and try to launch an app on iTunes, but it's almost 1 month after the above post? What's the status will Apple reject Gamesalad produced games since the Ad within the game is a clear violation of Apple's terms???

• stackpoolestackpoole Melbourne, Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 473Member, PRO
    @razzam: I don't think it will be rejected if it is a free game, only a paid one!

Sydney Swans 2014!!

This discussion has been closed.