GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's cooking in the GameSalad Kitchen?

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
edited March 2012 in GameSalad Kitchen
Hello everyone!

After hearing requests from the community to give you better insight into what's being worked on, I thought creating a quick post to keep you up to speed would be good way to meet this request. If this is beneficial, I'd be happy to keep this a regular part of our communications.

So what are we working on right now?
  • Gamecenter Achievements - we know you've been waiting on this one, but we're happy to say the wait is almost over.
  • Read-write tables - while tables added immense power to your toolset, we can't deny this will add the extra "umph" you need to take your applications to "Eleven".
  • Engine improvements and optimizations - Our team is hard at work taking GameSalad to the next level - as alluded to by Steve in his end-of-year post.
We're excited to bring these to the community, and our team is hard at work making sure they're solid and ready to help push your games to the next level! Happy Developing!

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited August 2012
    It's been a while, but we have a few new items to share that are currently cooking and almost ready to come out of the kitchen (with the exception of the Native code engine, which is steadily simmering.):

So what are we working on right now?
    • Introducing Web Publishing for Mac - this should greatly increase the stability, speed and consistency of publishing with GameSalad. More information coming soon!
    Expected fixes in the upcoming release:
    • Including Sandboxing for Mac Desktop Publishing
    • Introducing Retina icons
    And of course we're still focusing efforts on:
    • Engine improvements and optimizations (LUA-free) - Our team is still hard at work taking GameSalad to the next level - (again, as alluded to by Steve in his end-of-year post.)
    Keep your eyes peeled for new kitchen updates!

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

This discussion has been closed.