GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad 0.9.92!

SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
edited March 2012 in News from the Dev Team
Today, GameSalad is pleased to announce the launch of Creator 0.9.92 Beta, including two brand new powerful Pro Features: Game Center Achievements, and Twitter integration through Tweet Sheet. Also included in the release are a number of key fixes, relating to Android publishing and performance, as well as our partner services, such as Kiip and PlayHaven.

Twitter integration has been a top feature request. Our team worked closely with Twitter to create the most seamless, natural, and customizable integration of Twitter functionality in any game engine.

Twitter’s Tweet Sheet is integrated directly into iOS 5 and above. Using the new behaviors in GameSalad Creator, designers can tap directly into that functionality, including automated picture attachment, and fully customizable pre-loaded tweets. Users will also have the option of choosing which tweets are editable by the player and which are not. This will be a great way to share high scores or unlocking achievements.

Another great benefit to Tweet Sheet is it’s automated URL generation. Whenever a player tweets from a game, Tweet Sheet will find that app on the App Store and automatically include a shortened URL to direct people to purchase or download that game.

This is an incredibly powerful feature and will expand a game’s virality by leaps and bounds.

Game Center becomes complete in Creator 0.9.92 with the additional of Achievement support. Pro Members can now take advantage of Apple’s global leaderboard and achievement system, and engage their players on a higher level by rewarding them for continued play, outstanding resourcefulness and skill, or just plain awesome luck, giving them more reasons to play those games again and again.

The entire team here at GameSalad is very excited to be able to bring these two widely requested features to our Pro community. We’ve still got a lot more on the way, including our revamped engine, writeable tables, and iPad 3 retina display.

Where to go now?

Download GameSalad Creator 0.9.92 Beta
Upgrade to Pro!

Release notes can be found HERE.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

Comments

• simo103simo103 Posts: 1,331Member, PRO
    awesome job guys ... and thanks for the PRO price adjustment ... very reasonable and highly worth it.
  • JCFordJCFord Posts: 785Member
    edited March 2012
    Amazing - Really really pleased with the Pro price adjustment brought down to around £190 UK Sterling. Keep up the good work.

JCFord
  • deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    Can't wait to try it out tonight!
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,075Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    Amazing! Thank you so much! This IS community love week ;)
  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Posts: 8,188Member
    "Twitter integration has been a top feature request for over a year."

*waves* :D

"Game Center becomes complete in Creator 0.9.92 with the additional of Achievement support."

About bloody time! Finally I can update my games to be 'complete'. Thank you!

This is a stunning release, and I get the feeling sometimes that GS is a huge bloody ship. Hard to turn, but when it does...

Keep it up!

QS :D

Dr. Sam Beckett never returned home...
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Quantum_Sheep
    Web: http://www.quantum-sheep.com

• uptimistikuptimistik Trinidad and TobagoPosts: 3,597Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Android sound delay...is it gone? lemme check and see

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• SoldierBullsSoldierBulls Posts: 61Member
    You are amazing guys!! Thanks! So great news!
  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,614Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    The release notes mention compatibility with Xcode 4.3. Sooo... now that I've downgraded to 4.2 and have that happily working in Lion, is there any reason I should rush to upgrade to 4.3?

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member
    @SaladStraightShooter Thanks for adding Twitter and Achievements. However I do not like that the sound delay has not been resolved for the Kindle Fire this could lead to a lot of revenue loss.

Also take a look at this old thread there's a list of bugs some of them still needs to be addressed.

Finally about the display text behavior. I received today my Kindle Fire and I must say that characters shown with that behavior looks even shittier than on iOS. Please take those guns in your avatar and point them to the head of the coders and make them fix it.

• 3xL3xL Posts: 676Member
    Can't wait to see Facebook sharing :p

Man this is awesome!!,!,! Price drop and everything! Achievements! Woohoo !
    The twitter sheet sheet attaches a pic? So it takes a screen shot automatically? This is for sharing scores and stuff right?
  • App SurgeApp Surge Posts: 651Member
    edited March 2012
    Wow! A great new release...
    Thanks to all you GS guys!
  • 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Posts: 360Member, PRO
    edited March 2012
    Thank you Gamesalad =D>

Price drop (extension for me :) ), improved Android performance, Twitter integration, & GC Achievements!!

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• CodeMonkeyCodeMonkey Posts: 1,803Head Chef, Member, PRO
    @3xL it doesn't take a screen shot. The developer picks an image to post with the tweet. So if you tweet something like 'I just defeated 10000 vampires and got the Infinite Blade badge.', you can add the badge icon along with the tweet.
    @3xL it doesn't take a screen shot. The developer picks an image to post with the tweet. So if you tweet something like 'I just defeated 10000 vampires and got the Infinite Blade badge.', you can add the badge icon along with the tweet.
    ah ok. damn thats still awesome.
    @SaladStraightShooter To add to what I said before is it possible to have an official word on how the Achievement reacts when there's no internet connection? Since I doubt that you added the ability to check if the connection is on do I have to assume that in that case they will be lost?

To those wondering about the Kindle Fire sound delay(including myself). The following note is stated in the update fixes;

"Sound Issues on most new devices (Kindle Fire exempted). Sound delays fixed on most new devices (excluding Kindle Fire)"

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,075Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    @tshirtbooth - No, but it did improve a little.
    I have about a 0.5 second delay, much better then it was!
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @MarkontheIron - I'll see if I can't get some better language to put up on this - but if there is no internet connection, the achievements properly cache until connection is restored.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

@SaladStraightShooter If it's true it would be great, otherwise it would create a lot of angry users.

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    Thank you, @tshirtbooth. :)

• RUPASRUPAS Posts: 823Member
    Wow 0.9.92 is amazing!!! But where is Facebook intregation?? Coming soon?? When?? GS Love!!
    Wow 0.9.92 is amazing!!! But where is Facebook intregation?? Coming soon?? When?? GS Love!!
    Soon hopefully. I see apple adding Facebook natively to ios like they did with twitter.
    @tshirtbooth Ok but what if the achievement was a one time thing? What if the user doesn't return to that scene? Are the achievement really cashed and fired when the connection return?

I wonder if this release has any performance increase.
    @Tshirtbooth The problem is that this is not a very efficient way of handling it. GS should have thought of a way to do it in the background.

Thanks tshirtbooth. Better playing it safe, I will also probably do it like this unless SSS come with better news.

• entersimonentersimon Posts: 269Member
    Really excited about this release. Great job guys!

Check out my daily app development blog at TheIndieDev.com

edited March 2012
    Nevermind my initial excitement. I just did an ad-hoc build for one of my newest games with this new version of GS and I'm experiencing A LOT of freezing. The game just completely freezes up randomly now. Still happy about the price drop & extension though.

Good thing I have a backup save.....going back to 0.9.91 for now. Carry on.

This discussion has been closed.