GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much money have you earned through the app store

Bilzo12Bilzo12 Posts: 70Member
edited April 2012 in Off-Topic
Hey everyone I was thinking of how much money people have made on the app store

I need to know how many games you made?
How much you get paid per month?
And if possible can you put a picture of your game

Thankyou everybody this will really help me out because I've made a game which I think is alright but I want to know if anyone has made any money on their game.

Best Answers

Answers

• Bilzo12Bilzo12 Posts: 70Member
    Thanks so have you made the lisence fee back

And funny thing Is I found that game and I was going to get it
    edited April 2012
    Wow so your sitting happy

So how many games have you made?
  • patapplepatapple Posts: 873Member
    @mynameisace this is your daily work? you live for this?
  • tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    Guys you cannot judge what your success will be based on everyone else's success/failure. Heres what you need to do.

Make a truly Great Game. And they will come.

Yes good games flop sometimes but GREAT games always do very well. If you make what you think is a great game and it doesn't do well. then learn why it wasn't great and make your next one even better.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

Guys you cannot judge what your success will be based on everyone else's success/failure. Heres what you need to do.

Make a truly Great Game. And they will come.

Yes good games flop sometimes but GREAT games always do very well. If you make what you think is a great game and it doesn't do well. then learn why it wasn't great and make your next one even better.

Yer I understand what your saying but I wanted to know if people are making pennies or if people are actually earning money

• tenrdrmertenrdrmer Posts: 9,934Member, Sous Chef, Senior Sous-Chef
    It as little as nothing and as much as millions and everything in between. I know of a GS app that made about $100000 on its own. Its all in the developer And yes the millions was a GameSalad app. again, its not the tool. Its the developer behind it.

It's not my fault I never learned to take responsibility for anything. ;)

• 3xL3xL Posts: 676Member
    I totally agree. But it's also inspirational and motivating to see that ppl are make good money with such an easy to use tool such as gamesalad.
    I agree with you guys I've just started out making games I'm on my first 1 I'm still doing art work but I'm almost done with that I just got to program the game but I'm positive that won't be hard because ive been mucking around in gamesalad and well it's going great.

I hope people will buy my game because I've put hard work into it and I want people to love it and I'll like to earn some money.
    edited April 2012
    Hard work always pays off one way or another :)

My first game "my zombie date!" was sort of rushed. SaLes kinda sucked so I made it free.. Now it's at about 2000 downloads. I plan on upgrading the graphics and gameplay to revive it with leader boards and achievements.

My second game "terra god" for iPhone/iPod and "terra god hd" for the iPad did better in sales. Especially the iPad one for some reason. I guess gamers prefer a bigger screen lol. this one was sort of rushed but more polished than the zombie game.

Now I'm working on a beautiful looking game with great gameplay. Simple but fun. Taking my time with it..

Its a domino effect really. You will learn that if you take your time u will get more ideas. Therefore you will put more hours into your game. Therefore you will progress more and THEREFORE you will unknowingly finish your game in a faster time AND have a higher quality game. Feel free to take a break. I've gone two days without working on my new game and have gotten more ideas than I would if I was forcefully brainstorming while sitting in front of the mac lol.

And lastly think positive!
  • tatiangtatiang Posts: 11,786Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef
    Obviously, games differ greatly from one another and the amount and type of marketing varies greatly, but it's helpful to know some ballpark figures. I was similarly wondering if people were making $20, $200, $2000, or $20000.

I just made $2 in a few days (my first app) and I'm thrilled. lol. I set my expectations low and they were exceeded.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

Obviously, games differ greatly from one another and the amount and type of marketing varies greatly, but it's helpful to know some ballpark figures. I was similarly wondering if people were making $20, $200, $2000, or $20000.

I just made $2 in a few days (my first app) and I'm thrilled. lol. I set my expectations low and they were exceeded.
    What game did you make and my plans are to get my apple developer account fee back and everything else will be a bonus

That's the way I look at it too. I haven't gone pro yet but I'm about to real soon. I'm hoping to make that money back. And now that GS pro is 200 dollar less, it should be easier. Then I can profit on my millions!! Mwahahahahahaha. But yea alot of ppl made some decent money.
    I might go pro if my game makes a bunch of money and when they release more features
    edited April 2012
    @tatiana looks great how much money have you made on it so far.
    That's what I was saying... $2. That's how much money I've made so far. Nothing to brag about, I realize, but I was just excited it wasn't/isn't $0. :)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

True something is better then nothing
  • bazookaBenbazookaBen Posts: 318Member
    @mynameisace do you have a list of games you've made? I can't find them in the forums
  • mynameisacemynameisace Hull, UKPosts: 2,484Member
    I used to work with a partner and after a while, he bought the Apple account off me, so not even sure if any of my old ones that made that money still on.

Most of my money now comes from commissioned projects that I create for people, but I'm working on a few games of my own at the moment that I'll be releasing on my own Apple account.

Ace
  • EbreezeEbreeze Posts: 481Member, PRO
    It's interesting to hear how much people make from GS, and what apps make money or not. Obviously Secrets of GM is a money maker due to its AAA polish and from what I understand it takes nearly a 7-months to a year to craft a game like that . Also, years of experience in storytellings , coding and art skills account for it . Ive made close to $700 a couple months on the app store now with a few apps...nothing that apple would feature but not total crap either. What I find the hardest is to polish a game from head to toe and I notice only small but growing group of dev's can achieve. I'm trying to fully polish a game Ive put about 6 months into and it's quite a challenge. I get the impression not much polish means not much money...
  • AIMAIM Posts: 8Member, PRO
    can i ask what the name of your app is Ebreeze?
  • thurlowweedthurlowweed Posts: 2Member

It's exciting to hear how everyone is doing. It's just like most things in life . . . chances are you're not going to hit it big and make it the first time, or even the second time. But if you keep working at it, but you butt, continue to learn, and network with people, business and such you can be successful on MANY different levels with GS. The only time you really fail is when you give up!