GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad 0.9.93 Mac Creator Beta!

Comments

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Posts: 1,274Member
    Question regarding ads for free users. So instead of one ad prior to the start of the App there will now be a 1 in 4 chance of an ad popping up every scene change? I have to be reading that wrong because there is no way customers of a paid app are going to be happy with that.
    After the initial release of Playhaven, we were researching ways that we could fundamentally change the monetization experience for our free users. Free users told us that the Splash Screen ad hurt their game branding, it delayed the game play experience, and was intrusive to the game experience in general. This system is actually much more fair, and a mere 25% chance between change scene, Pause scene, and reset scene isn't unreasonable.

Unreasonable for a free user, certainly not as we have the option to pay $299 and go pro. Unreasonable for an App Store customer that paid for a game, probably so. I say that as an App store customer and having read lots of complaints from customers finding ads in a game they paid for.

I didn't read too many complaints with the old system since users clicked away the ad prior to the game starting.
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member
    GameSalad Creator for Mac 0.9.93 Beta also includes a number of fixes, such as the tiling issue mentioned above.
    I think the tiling part got removed from your post. Can you elaborate it?
    Misstype, actually - that item needed more time in the kitchen.
    Damn for a moment you got me excited there. I hope it won't take too much time. Being unable to use tile retina images in retina games doesn't make much sense.

Also please (pretty please with sugar on top) give us the ability to add our own low res images if resolution independence is chosen.

Anyway, writable tables look awesome. :-bd

• iTopGamesiTopGames Posts: 71Member
    GameSalad Creator for Mac 0.9.93 Beta also includes a number of fixes, such as the tiling issue mentioned above.
    I think the tiling part got removed from your post. Can you elaborate it?

Misstype, actually - that item needed more time in the kitchen.
    Just add a bit more salt and pepper... the GameSalad Creator for Mac 0.9.93 smells so good
  • SlickZeroSlickZero Houston, TexasPosts: 2,870Member, Sous Chef
    Am I living so far in the past that I still use 0.9.30? Might as well upgrade, looks very awesome.

I have no friends. I'm a loser that makes video games all day. Will you be my friend?

• EatingMyHatEatingMyHat Posts: 1,246Member
    Does anyone knows if the Game Center freeze bug got fixed?
  • imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member
    @Photics - the interstitial adds now have a 25% chance of appearing during every scene change rather than a forced ad directly behind the splash screen. The custom splash screen is still in place for free users, however, if that's what you meant. ;)
    wow... it makes old playheaven system look good. But I will not complain now. Cause last time I did, and you've managed to make it even worse.

As for the rest. Nice job!
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,906Member
    I'm a pro user and this is showing up when I preview a scene and I don't have playhaven or klip on.

• IsabelleKIsabelleK Posts: 2,807Member, Sous Chef
    edited May 2012
    I'm a pro user and this is showing up when I preview a scene and I don't have playhaven or klip on.
    Surprise! :P And seriously - did you try ad hoc build?

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member

This NEEDS to be removed from the preview!
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    We're investigating the issue now - updates when they're available.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• scrapee_netscrapee_net Posts: 424Member
    I just cant believe you did not fix the Gamecenter freezing bug.

So much waiting for nothing.

It's not acceptable to have a resource so important as gamecenter, not working as it should, yet.

Sorry team, but I really didn't expect that. I'm really disappointed.

It's not worth to have new resources, if the old ones that should work, are not working yet.
    edited May 2012
    @scrapee_net i think this issue is only effecting you. i have had no trouble and i have not seen any other people post about it.

did you send the game to GS to look at?

I have a bug open on it, a project file sent to GS with the details on how to reproduce. I also have a thread under the Tech Support forum.

I managed to get each and every one of the games released with 92 to freeze (if they use GC). No exceptions. Including the sample GC project from GS.

Bug opened on May 6th.

Cheers,
    GR

• SparkyidrSparkyidr Posts: 2,033Member
    edited May 2012
    @scrapee_net i think this issue is only effecting you. i have had no trouble and i have not seen any other people post about it.

I get it too TSB.
    pre-0.9.92 when the app logged into gamecenter, where was a little shimmy (as seems to be with all games...not a game salad thing)
    but now, when a logon happens, the whole app freezes for as long as it takes the app to logon to GC......or till it times out.
    on a poor connection, could be pretty slow.

edit :
    I should point out.. it's not just my own games that do it.
    I updated cheeseman (for example) on my phone, and that freezes as the gc logon happens on the title screen.

This is a issue that was discussed a lot. Cancelling gamecenter login causes the game to completly freeze next gamecenter request (show score, post score). On 0.9.91 if you exit and open again the game it works again. On .92 and .93, it's needed to kill the game and open again.
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Posts: 927Member
    whats with show advertisement in pro does that mean admob?
    I get it too TSB.
    pre-0.9.92 when the app logged into gamecenter, where was a little shimmy (as seems to be with all games...not a game salad thing)
    but now, when a logon happens, the whole app freezes for as long as it takes the app to logon to GC......or till it times out.
    We are talking about different bugs. The one I opened is a freeze that does not get released and require you to kill the game from the iPhone task manager. You are talking about the temporary freeze that happens in the first login.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Posts: 2,033Member
    I get it too TSB.
    We are talking about different bugs. The one I opened is a freeze that does not get released and require you to kill the game from the iPhone task manager. You are talking about the temporary freeze that happens in the first login.
    gotcha!

OOHHHHHH,

freeze tell it logs in, Yes i did get that.
    I even reported it with the pre release.

i thought you meant the game freezes like forever.
    :(

It does freeze forever, see my note to Sparkyidr.

I'm talking about the bug that completly freezes the game and it needs to be killed... For those who have not seen it yet, open gamecenter and sign out.

Than, on the gamesalad game, when prompted to sign in, cancel. The game will freeze next gamecenter request.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited May 2012
    Hey guys - I understand the Gamecenter issue is important, and we're looking into it. However, it's not specific to this release so please stay on topic - there are other threads for that discussion ongoing.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• JohnPapiomitisJohnPapiomitis Posts: 6,256Member
    @SaladStraightShooter

Yes the enable advertisments button is unchecked on all of mine.
    @SaladStraightShooter

Gotcha - was just making sure. Two seconds later QA let me know it defaults to unchecked.

@SaladStraightShooter

the same here
  • beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member
    Hey guys - I understand the Gamecenter issue is important, and we're looking into it. However, it's not specific to this release so please stay on topic - there are other threads for that discussion ongoing.
    @SaladStraightShooter Sorry mate, I disagree. If its occurring in this version, regardless of if it happens in another version or not, it is 'on topic' ... it relates to 0.9.93 so ....

Maybe there should be a 0.9.93 bug thread so everything can be collated into that. I understand you don't want a release announcement filled with bugs and complaints. It maybe a wise move on release announcements, to create a bug thread to go with it, this would encourage everyone to post in that as the forums will be spammed with multiple threads announcing bugs soon.
  • StamuStamu Posts: 92Member
    Is that a confirmation that it was not fixed in this release? I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Thanks.
    @beefy_clyro - it's not specific to 0.9.93. It's a major issue, and it's being looked into. With respect, it's not on topic to this release as it began in an earlier release. There are existing threads on the topic, one of which is on the "Recent discussions" again as of a few minutes ago.

• RubiyoooRubiyooo Posts: 163Member
    Thanks you very much dear Gs Team ^^

I would like to see early a layers as photoshop or multiplayer.
    But i had tried to update my html5 game and nothing. Does not work :_(
    @beefy_clyro - you'll note I've commented previously in the threads pertaining to this issue - support, QA and our devs are aware of the issue and are looking into it. There isn't much more I can say to it - the proper way to report a bug - and have it properly tracked - is to contact support and then discuss the issue further.

@beefy_clyro - germane to this conversation, is the ad stub issue occurring in the creator preview, or the viewer?

This discussion has been closed.