GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad 0.9.93 Mac Creator Beta!

Comments

• GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Posts: 927Member
    @saladstraightshooter what about show advertisment does that mean admob?
  • The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Posts: 9,906Member
    In the creator viewer you can see it in the screenshot
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @saladstraightshooter what about show advertisment does that mean admob?
    No - it's referring to Playhaven.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• scrapee_netscrapee_net Posts: 424Member
    I noticed a small bug.

The loading wheel is not on the corner anymore.

It's an iphone game resized to iPad using the technique, showed on this topic: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/32594/resizing-to-ipad-technique#latest
  • imGuaimGua Posts: 1,089Member
    edited May 2012
    Find a first bug. All my scenes that should only support horisontal view, now rotating when I'm holding iPhone vericaly. Writing to supoort. Just wanted to inform users.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    In the creator viewer you can see it in the screenshot
    Just confirming. I'm going over a lot of data right now - forgive me if I miss a detail here and there.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• beefy_clyrobeefy_clyro Posts: 5,390Member
    @beefy_clyro - germane to this conversation, is the ad stub issue occurring in the creator preview, or the viewer?
    As mentioned by FBS, its in the creator, haven't tested the viewer yet.

• StamuStamu Posts: 92Member
    Are there any performance improvments/optimizations in this release?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    edited May 2012
    I have pro, saw the interstitial popup in the preview, but I build an adhoc and went back and forth between scenes 10 times and it never came up.

so it might just be preview related
    @jonmulcahy - thank you for the update!

@all - please forward any reports with issues regarding this release to support so we can start investigating - of particular importance is the auto-rotation issue. Thank you!

Find a first bug. All my scenes that should only support horisontal view, now rotating when I'm holding iPhone vericaly. Writing to supoort. Just wanted to inform users.
    all my scenes only support horizontal with the home button on the left. I see no autorotation from that with an adhoc build.
  • LaurenSaladLaurenSalad Posts: 650Inactive
    Just as a quick reminder guys- make sure to report all bugs (along with steps to reproduce) via the Contact Form as well. That will help us track issues and give QA ample information to reproduce and investigate any known issues. :)

Also, take a look at our reference guide on bug reporting specifications! http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/36997/support-contact-bug-reporting#latest
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface Posts: 491PRO
    edited May 2012
    @SaladStraightShooter

For the freemium route, does that mean now pro users are able to turn off Playhaven with a boolean or something - if a user unlocks the full game with IAP? If not, any plans to implement this? Wouldn't want an unlocked full version to still have ads
    @imGua and @uptimistik - support has received your report - we're looking into the issue.

@Chobbiface - sorry, no - eliminating the ad system isn't a possibility in the free version, through IAP or otherwise.

edited May 2012
    @SSS,

Sorry, what I mean is do pro users have full control now over where Playhaven appears, as you mentioned you can select which scene transitions. Not for the free version. I.e. as a pro user, if I turn on Playhaven, can I incorporate Playhaven into the rules with booleans? Sorry, it's late here haven't managed to give the new creator a whizz ;)

Edit: I note you wrote otherwise, I presume that's a no for pro users also
    there is a separate thread on this, but it looks like adhoc builds are not publishing in retina on the iPad.
  • Yovanny369Yovanny369 Posts: 105Member
    anyone knows about auto rotate issue or is just me :(
    @Chobbiface - ahh, I see what you mean now. No, the added control is through the individual behaviors listed, but cannot be manipulated in that fashion, though that's a feature request I will note for Pro.

• sebmacflysebmacfly Posts: 1,018Member
    Retina is not working Here (AdHoc Test)....
    But working perfectly, in the GS Viewer.

I'm not the only one...
    http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/44309/retina-not-working-on-my-ipad-3#latest

And on your iPad 3 guys?
  • uptimistikuptimistik VenezuelaPosts: 3,598Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    @sebmacfly same here, send your project in to support. I'm doing the same.

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

Looking into it now, @sebmacfly and @jonmulcahy.

Great, cheers for clearing that up SSS
  • scrapee_netscrapee_net Posts: 424Member
    edited May 2012
    Ok that will have to fix the bug of "retinal display" and lauch an update to correct this, please, correct Gamecenter freezing bug also.
  • RPRP Posts: 1,990Member
    I am so glad I did not update because if I had GS would have seriously jacked up the launching timeframe of my game. I hate to say this but I am extremely disappointed with the quality of this update. GS needs to seriously focus on getting one thing right first, then worry about the windows version. Not to mention displaying game size with actual/estimated binary size for practical upload purposes (yeah I just went through that headache). I just uploaded my app today and almost, ALMOST updated. I have about had it with all this add stuff. I went pro, mainly because I don't want that stuff near the games I publish (see Fry's pic, it's relevant because that is what got published today...barely [as I do the Han Solo "not a scratch" move]). There... I blew off my steam (some of it).

I just uploaded my app today and almost, ALMOST updated. I have about had it with all this add stuff. I went pro, mainly because I don't want that stuff near the games I publish (see Fry's pic, it's relevant because that is what got published today...barely [as I do the Han Solo "not a scratch" move]). There... I blew off my steam (some of it).

To clarify, the Playhaven ad stubs aren't publishing in Pro games if the feature is disabled - only inappropriately appearing in creator and viewer previews.

• RPRP Posts: 1,990Member
    edited May 2012
    @SSS It's about consistency, what you see is what you get (build to finish). I can't rely on GS at the moment and I'm not happy about that.
    @RP - we've delivered solidly for the past several releases now. While there are certainly some issues to look into here, it's not appropriately indicative of GameSalad's quality expectations as a whole at this stage. I'm sorry you feel you can't rely on GameSalad, but I don't feel we've given you any reason - until this release, perhaps, and specific to some functionality - to feel otherwise.

@slowboy

it only shows up in preview, if you do an adhoc build it does not show up
This discussion has been closed.