GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad 0.9.93 Mac Creator Beta!

Comments

• SlowboySlowboy Posts: 329Member, PRO
    Still WRONG
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @Slowboy - we're looking into it now.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

:D Thanks, love you.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    Still WRONG
    Yes, but not the end of the world you made it out to be.
    It's all relative ;]
  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Posts: 9,111Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick GameSalad Employee
    edited May 2012
    Guys,

This is a great release - Writeable tables. It's something we've all asked for numerous times. Gamesalad has been faithful and has delivered the feature/s we wanted. Sure, there are a couple bugs, but they'll be fixed one way or another. No need to get upset. I'm sure we have no idea how much work they put in for us, I'm grateful for this release!

Thanks for this release GameSalad, another step forward in my book...

Just my two cents.
  • xforcexforce Posts: 187Member
    being that im still a user of the free version not happy about the changes to playhaven as instead of 1 guaranteed ad at the start, its now potentially a constant annoyance. even if it is a 1 in 4 chance. new system is actually alot worse. -1 point

on the plus side. writable tables is a big step forward. while im still yet to do some testing, the new behaviours have made saving data much much easier to do and manage. +5 points

so now that that is out of the way i hope the next thing on the chopping block is to get joints and custom collision shapes out there.
    edited May 2012
    Bad day to go Pro...
    5 minutes after becoming Pro I updated... :(
    Bugs I finded
    -No spin wheel in AdHoc, or in gs viewer
    -Ad display between levels only in Preview Player, not in GS viewer or AdHoc
    -Autorotate on Gs Viewer, ok on AdHoc

So obvious and visible Bugs... I wonder how this update went live...

- I'm seeing the wheelspin in both adhoc and viewer, it's just not in the right location, it's in the top, 75% over from the left.

- ad display does not show up in adhoc, which is the most important :) but it is an annoyance in the preview

- i take back my earlier post about not seeing autorotation, i had the screen lock on :) I have a landscape left/right game and it rotates in all 4 directions in the viewer but it's fine in adhoc as well
  • ChechesoftChechesoft Posts: 157Member, PRO
    Bad day to go Pro...
    Bugs I finded

- I'm seeing the wheelspin in both adhoc and viewer, it's just not in the right location, it's in the top, 75% over from the left.

- ad display does not show up in adhoc, which is the most important :) but it is an annoyance in the preview

- i take back my earlier post about not seeing autorotation, i had the screen lock on :) I have a landscape left/right game and it rotates in all 4 directions in the viewer but it's fine in adhoc as well
    I found out that the wheel spin is invisible in the GS viewer or Adhoc (iPhone, haven't tried in iPad), but only in landscape mode. Is only visible in portrait mode, may be your a app is in portrait?
  • scrapee_netscrapee_net Posts: 424Member
    The new features are really great (writable tables and "More Games", are amazing), but unfortunatelly it should have been a few more tested before released.

I think, you could easily avoid this kind of bugs on releases, by letting some users to try the build, before releasing to everyone. I'd love to do that.
  • RPRP Posts: 1,990Member
    @SSS Yeah it's been pretty solid and I'm still using it of course. I'm just venting like a ballistic missile silo is all.
    edited May 2012
    Bad day to go Pro...
    Bugs I finded

I found out that the wheel spin is invisible in the GS viewer or Adhoc (iPhone, haven't tried in iPad), but only in landscape mode. Is only visible in portrait mode, may be your a app is in portrait?

I have my game in landscape mode, and it's showing up, just in the wrong spot. Here is a screenshot I just took off of an adhoc build:

http://db.tt/4JEpzvk7
  • anithmukanithmuk Posts: 235Member
    edited May 2012
    Very excited for writeable tables! So many game ideas, so very little time and money to make them.
  • Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Posts: 194Member, PRO
    I installed the new Creator and Viewer and but when i go to test an app on the viewer it says it needs updating. Anyone else having this issue?
  • uptimistikuptimistik VenezuelaPosts: 3,598Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Nope... Sure you installed the viewer properly?
    Delete the viewer from your device, redownload the new one, open it up, make sure you are in the right folder then install it on your device again

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Posts: 194Member, PRO
    Nope... Sure you installed the viewer properly?
    Delete the viewer from your device, redownload the new one, open it up, make sure you are in the right folder then install it on your device again
    Nevermind, got it, Thanks!
  • Benjamin_m5Benjamin_m5 Posts: 646Member
    That's great news!!! :)
    So if i understood right..we must save everytime a thing is changed in a table?!
    ---
    Benjamin
  • MarkOnTheIronMarkOnTheIron Posts: 1,447Member

I'm wondering about this too. There are a lot more Line Cooks lately, that should mean more testers. How comes that those bugs got through?

• sebmacflysebmacfly Posts: 1,018Member
    edited May 2012
    Looking into it now, @sebmacfly and @jonmulcahy.
    SSS, do i have to send you my project?
    Where?

My project file is over the 25MB limit... (38 MB)
    I can't send it via the online form

Thanks
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Posts: 3,190Member
    nice GS

still hoping to get the new engine though
  • GraphicWarehouseGraphicWarehouse Posts: 927Member
    I think I am the only one who has no problems and loves the new update
    I'm wondering about this too. There are a lot more Line Cooks lately, that should mean more testers. How comes that those bugs got through?

We didn't have access to publishing, so any bugs related to that we couldn't test. Most of the other bugs did. It present themselves in our build.
  • WildSnakeWildSnake Posts: 19Member

To clarify, the Playhaven ad stubs aren't publishing in Pro games if the feature is disabled - only inappropriately appearing in creator and viewer previews.
    Are you planning to keep this stupid "full screen interstitial" dialog to appear in Creator screens of free version?
    Saying honestly it prevents testing of fast arcadish games.

Stupid moment that I just got into GameSalad by a couple days ago and was very excited and here I just feel to get pushed away. :-)

Thanks!
  • scrapee_netscrapee_net Posts: 424Member
    edited May 2012
    Those who updated and are facing problems (everyone I think) can still came back to older versions.

I for example, use .9.90 yet, because Gamecenter bug is not so huge on it, and players can play yet, if there is no internet connection or they are not logged to gamecenter.

To download older versions, you can just change the "x" on the url bellow, to the desired number in the url bellow: http://gs.downloadables.s3.amazonaws.com/GameSalad-Creator-0.9.9x-beta.dmg

The same to the viewer:

IOS
    http://gs.downloadables.s3.amazonaws.com/GameSalad-iOS_Viewer-0.9.9x-beta.zip

Android:
    http://gs.downloadables.s3.amazonaws.com/GameSalad-Android_Viewer-0.9.9x-beta.apk

( I hope gamesalad team keep the files and publishing from older versions working ). This is the minimum they can do for us, right now.

You can have installed multiple versions. I have now .9.90 and .9.93. You just need to install them in different folders.

The problem, is that if you open and save your project on a newer version, you'll need to replace in all xml files from the project, where it says 0.9.9x for example, to the version you will use. Projects saved using older versions will open on newer gamesalad builds, but not the oposite, without editing the files.

I use dreamweaver for bulk editing files.

To choose in which gamesalad version you want to open your project, right click it, and choose the desired gamesalad version.

I'll still continue to use 0.9.90 due to gamecenter freezing on newer versions.
  • KudasKudas Posts: 14Member
    I think it is very important to keep older versions of GameSalad alive. Game developing is long time process and there should be not some kind of fear from new versions. It would be nice to see some page with links to older versions.
This discussion has been closed.