GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Android autorotation bug

jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,384Member, Sous Chef, PRO
edited June 2012 in Tech Support
Is anyone else seeing issues with auto rotation in android? I just tried to republish a game that I have on android, and it won't autorotate at all on my kindle, the version in the app store works fine.

It happened on a few builds, of the same app. I'm going to submit a bug, but just checking to see if anyone else has the problem.

Comments

• JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542Member, PRO
    Yes, on .93.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,384Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    so if you check all 4 rotation options it works, and rotates in every direction.
    if you only select landscape rotations, at least on the kindle, it rotates once so everything is upside down, then locks in that position.
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    Yes, I'm also experiencing the auto-rotation bug.

I'm also getting black bars on the sides of the screen which has me worried for submission. As the app isn't filling the entire screen. I wrote about it in the following thread yesterday.

(http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/44838)
  • HymloeHymloe Posts: 1,651Member
    Think I'm gonna go back to 0.9.92. Shame about all the bugs in each new revision of Game Salad. It's very hard to move forwards.

0.9.92 has the Game Center freeze up bug, but apart from that, it seems like the best version in a long time, overall.
  • deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    The real kicker is that this has been a KNOWN ISSUE since May 30. Definitely not a priority for them.
  • guillopuyolguillopuyol Posts: 5Member
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm experiencing this issue now on April/12/2013... I see it was a known issue in May 30... has it been fixed? How do I get my game to auto-rotate on kindle?
  • SnapFireStudiosSnapFireStudios Posts: 1,603Member
    I'm pretty sure it'd fixed now.. otherwise more people would be reporting it.
    What exactly is wrong with yours? Same exact thing?
    - Thomas

Ignore females. Acquire currency.

This discussion has been closed.