Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update to Mac App Store App Rejected: NEED Sandbox fix....!

JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542Member, PRO
edited July 2012 in Tech Support
@Saladstraightshooter / @LaurenSalad -

I just tried to submit a bug fix for my game in the Mac App Store, and my update was rejected for not having Sandboxing. Previously, I was able to submit updates, but it appears that they are no longer accepting even updates.

This NEEDS to be fixed ASAP. I am trying to fix a major bug that has been reported by end users....

Here is the email from Apple:

Dear developer,

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Pin's Penguin Puzzler". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

App sandbox not enabled - The following executables must include the "" entitlement with a Boolean value of true in the entitlements property list. Refer to the App Sandbox page for more information on sandboxing your app.

Pin's Penguin's Penguin Puzzler
Once these issues have been corrected, go to the Version Details page and click "Ready to Upload Binary." Continue through the submission process until the app status is "Waiting for Upload." You can then deliver the corrected binary.


The App Store team


  • JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542Member, PRO
    Thanks. GS is actually well aware of this bug already, as confirmed by @SaladStraightShooter.
    It's very frustrating, because I have a show stopping issue on Level 24 of my game that I cannot correct until GS fixes this problem.
  • deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    I have a similar issue with the Nook (not a sandbox issue).. really REALLY hoping that .95 addresses these problems.
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    edited July 2012

    It's sad we have to 'hope' at all. Leaving customers in the dark like this is unprofessional and just plain rotten.

    I wish they had to sacrifice their pay or their reputation, as we do, and then come on the board to tell us these issues that break publishing aren't all that big of a deal, and they'll get around to them 'soon'.

    That's okay. Customers ultimately have the final say. When they leave, who will they remain silent to?
  • EinsteinAppsEinsteinApps Posts: 81Member
    I have many games waiting on the Sandbox fix as well, maybe we could get an extra month or something added on to our pro memberships to compensate for the loss in revenue?
  • deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    @RacetotheMoon I hear ya. I'm trying to stay positive and I keep reminding myself that GS is still in beta.. but it's not helping me feel any better :)
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542Member, PRO
    The interesting thing about this Reject message is that it comes about 2 minutes after submitting my app with the Application Loader....
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    edited July 2012

    Oh really?

    This is after the thread was started on June 18th. Nearly a month later we're still hoping on time estimates.



    Again you guys sit on the sidelines for 28 days.

    This is after I had already gone through the proper channels, speaking to 'Bob' on your support team, and being assured that the QA team was on the case and it'd be fixed 'soon'.

    Because there is obviously no information to share on any of these show stopping bugs, I take this to mean that GameSalad sees these as non-issues and thus nothing that should take priority. Again, I'm just going strictly by action because we have nothing concrete from you guys.

    Then there's these..
    Hibernation Bug:
    (, or the

    Rotation bug:

    All of these issues will get an application kicked back because of the requirements of the platform holder. Thus publishing for these platforms is broken.

    Just so you know, I think this is ridiculous. Having to fight with your engine provider to get bugs fixed that should have never gotten through QA in the first place. It takes away from the time I could be using to develop software or building a business.

    I purchased a 'Pro' membership so I could publish to the Mac, Nook, Kindle, and other Android platforms. At this point, since I'm not able to publish to these platforms I am at a total loss.

    Lastly, and why I'm even more upset about being left in the dark. The people at Nook extended a special promotion for 'free marketing' to anyone who delivered an educational game from June 16th - July 16th. At this rate I'm going to miss the date, and with it goes my last shred of faith in GameSalad.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542Member, PRO
    Lastly, and why I'm even more upset about being left in the dark. The people at Nook extended a special promotion for 'free marketing' to anyone who delivered an educational game from June 16th - July 16th. At this rate I'm going to miss the date, and with it goes my last shred of faith in GameSalad.
    I agree with you there.

    However, there is a workaround that was posted to the forum for the hibernation and camera bugs:

    I can confirm that this does indeed work. Still need a fix for the 1024x600 resolution showing black bars though... that will prevent you from qualifying for the Nook promotion since it needs to be a Nook specific App (and it will also prevent you from qualifying for the Kindle Fire specific store on Amazon)...

  • deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    @RacetotheMoon I'm trying to take advantage of that same Nook promotion.. but it won't happen because I keep getting rejected. It's a shame, it looks like they were really going to do some cool marketing for the educational apps.
  • JustMe74JustMe74 Posts: 542Member, PRO
    edited July 2012
    @SaladStraightShooter -

    Thanks for communicating; an update on the Mac App Store bug would be really helpful.

    For the Android bugs:

    1). The Hibernation problem will also get you rejected by Amazon; it happened to me. I had to add the Hibernate behavior to every scene. This was working fine until the camera bug was introduced with .93. Support is already aware of this bug.

    2). "Most people" might be able to sneak an app into the Amazon or B&N store (I was able to) but it's also highly probable that you'll get rejected, or an update will get rejected.

    There is a (working) workaround, as I noted above. But this still needs to be fixed, obviously.

    There is also the issue of apps built for the device's native resolution (1024 x 600) not displaying properly on the device (black bars on the sides of the app). This will prevent you from getting into the Kindle Fire specific store (as opposed to the generic Amazon App Store for Android). This also needs to be fixed.

    As frustrating as the Android bugs are, if you guys would please stop derailing my thread, I'd also appreciate it. I (and others) really need this Mac App Store issue fixed ASAP and I'd like to keep this thread focused on that.
  • RacetotheMoonRacetotheMoon Posts: 323Member
    edited July 2012

    Sure, selectively choose the one that suits your needs..

    Fact remains, you're leaving your paying 'professional' customers without actual answers. Keep with this creed and we'll see how it works out for you.

    I honestly don't know why I'm surprised. I got this same level of response and quickness of action when the music didn't stop and my apps were being kicked back from Amazon and B&N, and the same thing when the hibernation bug was first introduced. Or the horrible lag that still exists on Android for button pushes and Sound FXs.

    I've begged you guys to incorporate quicker turn around times for known 'show stopping' bugs and it's met with this level of insolence?

    I've lost months of time and some solid reputation points by sticking with GameSalad. Thinking about it all makes me sick.

  • machinegunkellymachinegunkelly Posts: 56Member
    Just thinking out loud here, but re:sandboxing..

    has anyone tried building for mac, then right clicking - show package contents, and adding the required field the the .plist file??

    This may be a work around, but I'm unsure if it'd work, i'll give it a try tonight ( but I'm not ready to publish, so this may be better tested by someone who is ready )
This discussion has been closed.