GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad Creator Mac 0.10.0 Beta

Comments

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    edited August 2012
    @tenrdrmer - fixed it. Starting this release we've dropped support for Snow Leopard.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• yasoofxyasoofx Posts: 333Member
    is windows updated to?
  • entersimonentersimon Posts: 269Member
    When attempting to sign the app, not all of my provisioning profiles are available as choices. In fact it is only showing 2 profiles. 1 of them has been expired for about a year and the other is my team provisioning profile.

Any suggestions on how to make them all show up? They always showed up properly in the previous form of publishing. (That wasn't a jab, just extra info to hopefully help)

Check out my daily app development blog at TheIndieDev.com

• SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    @yasoofx - not at this time.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• ZoytZoyt Posts: 374Member
    Yay! Thanks for the update!
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    @entersimon, when you input the bundle identifier during publishing, it matches that during the signing process, so what you type in must match the profile.
  • entersimonentersimon Posts: 269Member
    edited August 2012
    @jonmulcahy I'm in the process of trying that out now. The bundle identifier I put in initially had nothing to do with the provisioning profiles that showed up though. Hopefully this works.

BTW this is for an iPad app build. I should have clarified that in the previous post.

*******EDIT********

It worked. Thanks for the help!

Check out my daily app development blog at TheIndieDev.com

• deadlightsdeadlights Posts: 235Member, PRO
    Funny, my comment disappeared. /:)

So the black bars and the Nook rotation issue are still not fixed? Can someone confirm? After a 10 week wait for this build I expected these things taken care of.
  • KangavarkKangavark Posts: 62Member
    aargh! This version doesn't even open on my computer! I'm on a MacBook Pro using OS X version 10.6.8. It keeps giving me an error message. How can I get back to the previous, working, version?

help?!?
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    @kangavark

they mentioned eariler that since Apple was dropping support for snow leopard, they were as well (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/47561/important-update-snow-leopard-support/p1)

They also mentioned above that they are phasing out the old versions ability to publish 30 days from now.

So, time to upgrade your OS to Lion/Mountain Lion.
  • uptimistikuptimistik VenezuelaPosts: 3,598Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    something is wrong with the Android Viewer. I downloaded the latest Viewer and Creator, and when i try to preview on my Fire, it's telling me I need to update to the latest Viewer

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• KangavarkKangavark Posts: 62Member

@kangavark

they mentioned eariler that since Apple was dropping support for snow leopard, they were as well (http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/47561/important-update-snow-leopard-support/p1)

They also mentioned above that they are phasing out the old versions ability to publish 30 days from now.

So, time to upgrade your OS to Lion/Mountain Lion.

thanks--Mountain Lion, here I come
  • adent42adent42 Posts: 1,316Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    @AcceleratedGames I was able to find the problem, please try publishing again. Thanks! I will look into the nl/com issue soon.
    @adent42 Hey there, getting some issues with the Android Viewer. When I look at it in the File Manager on my Fire, the actual file name is showing up as 9.9.93 with 0.10.0 underneath

• AcceleratedGamesAcceleratedGames Posts: 201Member
    adent42 said:

@AcceleratedGames I was able to find the problem, please try publishing again. Thanks! I will look into the nl/com issue soon.

Thanks! It works!

• nikkonnikkon Posts: 111Member, PRO
    I cant seem to drag images from finder into the "Images Library". Anyone else got this issue?
    You cannot drag images directly into GS. You need to now hit the +sign and add the images manually. Bug or improvement?
    Yup, I posted this on the first page of this thread ;)

• Cee3pee0Cee3pee0 Posts: 194Member, PRO
    The viewer is still doing that annoying tiling thing. Was sure hoping that would be fixed.
    @deadlights - if it's not in the release notes as a fix, it's not included in this release. As you can see several other items were addressed/improved, however. Please remain patient... just because a fix didn't make it into this release doesn't mean it won't be addressed in the next.

• adent42adent42 Posts: 1,316Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    I have a fix waiting for a more flexible bundle identifiers (nl for instance) in the works, but it's will require a bit of extra checking so it won't be deployed until tomorrow.

We've heard reports of apps being rejected when their iOS bundle identifiers or Android package names don't start with com, which is why the restriction is in place.

Could you all comment on that? Have you ever been rejected from either the iOS App Store or an Android (Play, Amazon, etc) app store because of your package name or bundle identifier?
  • IcedBIcedB Posts: 384Member, PRO
    Having installed this on my secondary computer. I found that GS crashes on loading with OSX10.6.8. I don't wish to try it on my laptop as I'm literally about to publish a game in a a day or so

Is there any chance I can get a copy of 0.94 of gamesalad, i forgot to make a backup of the DMG and now I can only use GS on my laptop, thanks to anyone in advance if you can help me :)

Check out my other apps at and get in touch with me at : www.freshtouchmedia.com

• JuggerJugger Posts: 238Member, PRO
    How about a device orientation bug in the viewer?
  • BobDBobD Posts: 374Member, PRO
    My app uses Playhaven ads. I selected all the ad selections when building. In the previous version Playhaven ads appear when testing on my iPhone. With 0.10.00 no Playhaven ads appear. I then set my code to display ads on every page change and still no Playhaven ads. It does take longer to change pages.
  • aumaum Posts: 8Member
    edited August 2012

You cannot drag images directly into GS. You need to now hit the +sign and add the images manually. Bug or improvement?
    How on earth such a flaw in usability can be and improvement :) i hope they sort this bug out fast!

"If it aint broken don't fix it ;)"
  • OmenaboOmenabo Posts: 121Member
    edited August 2012
    Sooo... This may be a silly question, but:

How do you test these new apps in your Apple device? There's no button, after you publish the game, to send the app to iTunes...

EDIT:
    Okay, I'll answer to myself. Just drag the published app to your device in itunes. Got it! :)
  • lycettebroslycettebros Posts: 1,598Member, PRO
    Omenabo said:

Sooo... This may be a silly question, but:

How do you test these new apps in your Apple device? There's no button, after you publish the game, to send the app to iTunes...

Wrong string for your question but you need to create an Adhoc build from GS on the mac and install it on your device using itunes to test.
    @BobD give your app another shot at Playhaven by re-generating it. You don't need to re-upload, you just need to hit the "Generate" button again and then sign the new resulting app. We found a bad config that was likely the cause of your error.
  • DanielDoeDanielDoe Posts: 307Member
    edited August 2012
    On Lion 10.7.4 works perfect.
    On Snow Leopard 10.6.8 crashes at start.
  • calvin9403calvin9403 Posts: 3,190Member
    edited August 2012
    great updates GS team, finally an update for soooooooo long!
  • crazycam99crazycam99 Paris, FrancePosts: 519Member
    Super update! Works well.
This discussion has been closed.