GameSalad

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing GameSalad Creator Mac 0.10.0 Beta

Comments

• uptimistikuptimistik VenezuelaPosts: 3,598Member, Sous Chef, PRO
    Ok. I'll PM you to take this off the Creator thread.

New Templates Daily At The Official GameSalad Marketplace GSHelper.com

• MichaelK1985MichaelK1985 Posts: 36Member
    Please look in the Bundle identifier thing because all my app start with nl. and Apple has never rejected a app with that bundle name so. Really need to upload today!
    @MichaelK1985 they said they are looking into it and should have a fix for us today. (their response is on the first page of this thread..)

• cotigchezcotigchez Posts: 6Member, PRO
    edited August 2012
    When my app is finished being signed (using 0.10.0), I get the 'App signing settings' and in the 'iOS Provisioning Profile' drop-down the only Provisioning Profile available is the 'iOS Team Provisioning Profile'. My adhoc and appstore provisioning profiles are installed already on my computer (can see them in XCode > Organizer > Library > Provisioning Profiles), so I'm just wondering why they aren't showing up as options in 0.10.0. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • ChobbifaceChobbiface Posts: 491PRO
    @cotigchez are you using the matching bundle id to the provisioning profile you want to appear? They have to be the same
  • scrapee_netscrapee_net Posts: 424Member
    With the new version, will no longer be possible to even update my old apps, because my bundle identifier never started with .com - In all my apps it starts with .net, and as far as I know this is not an apple's requiriment.

Even when publishing to the iPad, it shows: Bundle identifier must start with 'com.' This is a requirement by many Android stores.

Please, fix this ASAP, I hope, to not have to wait for the next gamesalad update to get this fixed, as this could take months.
  • jonmulcahyjonmulcahy Posts: 10,376Member, Sous Chef
    @scrapee_net
    There is a response on the first or second page about this, the fix should be in place today once testing is done.
  • LeanneLeanne Posts: 168Member
    updated. restarted computer. Cannot launch Gamesalad. Any troubleshooting tips?
    Oh, and I'm using Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
    @Leanne. Yes it won't work. You need Lion or Mountain Lion
    hmm...how can I get my old gamesalad back?
  • thelogobarthelogobar Posts: 93Member
    Time Machine? Thats what I'm doing.
  • SaladStraightShooterSaladStraightShooter Austin, TxPosts: 3,081Member, Chef Emeritus
    Bear in mind you'll still need to upgrade within 30 days.

Why do you keep using that word? I do not think it means what you think it means.

• thelogobarthelogobar Posts: 93Member
    That's no problem, I just need to make an ad hoc build and I can't generate one using the new system. I'll let it all settle down then try again in a week or so.
  • ecscessecscess Posts: 23Member
    Leanne said:

hmm...how can I get my old gamesalad back?

I can help you... PM me

• yasoofxyasoofx Posts: 333Member

@yasoofx - not at this time.

well i will wait till next week i bet you guys know me now since i asked for windows update alot

• squirrel42squirrel42 Posts: 171Member, PRO
    adent42 said:

I have a fix waiting for a more flexible bundle identifiers (nl for instance) in the works, but it's will require a bit of extra checking so it won't be deployed until tomorrow.

We've heard reports of apps being rejected when their iOS bundle identifiers or Android package names don't start with com, which is why the restriction is in place.

Could you all comment on that? Have you ever been rejected from either the iOS App Store or an Android (Play, Amazon, etc) app store because of your package name or bundle identifier?

I have always started my bundle ids with co.uk... and never had a problem with iOS app store...
  • MantoManto Posts: 791Member
  • adent42adent42 Posts: 1,312Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO GameSalad Employee
    The build server got a bit backed up. You may see build failure notices. Please submit for build again and things should be fine.
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Posts: 2,033Member
    edited August 2012
    cotigchez said:

When my app is finished being signed (using 0.10.0), I get the 'App signing settings' and in the 'iOS Provisioning Profile' drop-down the only Provisioning Profile available is the 'iOS Team Provisioning Profile'. My adhoc and appstore provisioning profiles are installed already on my computer (can see them in XCode > Organizer > Library > Provisioning Profiles), so I'm just wondering why they aren't showing up as options in 0.10.0. Is anyone else having this problem?

Same here.
    deffo got the bundle identifier (com.flamingmitten.logo1) the same as my app's prov profiles (both adhoc and appstore)...but the only one showing up is the team profile. Both profiles are installed, and are valid in Xcode.

:(

edit :
    scratch that.
    Looks like there was an issue with my certs expiring.
    Seems ok now
  • RiffelRiffel Posts: 1,272Member
    It works in OS 10.7.4 ? How long?
  • SparkyidrSparkyidr Posts: 2,033Member
    New retina text looks nice ;)
  • 3itg3itg Posts: 382Member, PRO
    I cant publish with my app IDs.
    I have been using the same convention in my bundle seed IDs for almost 3 years...
    Published successfully using them with .94.
    Now it says I'm not allowed to use numbers to begin any part of the ID.
    However, I have 3 years experience using com.3itg.application name so I know that's not right.
  • MichaelK1985MichaelK1985 Posts: 36Member
    3itg said:

I cant publish with my app IDs.
    I have been using the same convention in my bundle seed IDs for almost 3 years...
    Published successfully using them with .94.
    Now it says I'm not allowed to use numbers to begin any part of the ID.
    However, I have 3 years experience using com.3itg.application name so I know that's not right.

This can be fixed really easy. You have to go to your Apple Developer website and select Apple ID en deselect iCloud! That's why you get this error ;-)
    edited August 2012
    Sparkyidr said:

New retina text looks nice ;)

+1

It velly velly nice
  • IcedBIcedB Posts: 384Member, PRO
    edited August 2012
    I've found that when tiling a 128x128 across the screen on the new version after using .9.94 on lion this is what happens:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xfkn8g8xxc4nvva/Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 19.32.09.png

I also found that when switching between scenes after previewing the scene would appear as all black until you scrolled across the screen

Check out my other apps at and get in touch with me at : www.freshtouchmedia.com

• aumaum Posts: 8Member
    I would like to very much thank @uptimistik for helping resolve all the issues I had with the new update in a very professional and friendly way. Respect, he is da man !!! :)
  • FINNBOGGFINNBOGG Posts: 1,809Member
    How do I know if my Mac is 64 and not 32? I went to the "ABout this Mac" didnt see anything about 32 or 64.

Mac OS X Support:

In keeping with Apple's requirements, after this release we no longer support Snow Leopard or older OS's. This also means that all 32 bit support will be dropped, and users must utilize a 64 bit processor going forward. As this is Apple mandated, we hope that you understand the necessity behind this change, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
  • dingosmoovdingosmoov Posts: 130Member
    How many Kiip users would you need to add it back in?
    edited August 2012

This discussion has been closed.